Tree of Savior Forum

PvP and PvE - Ktest's New Gung Ho lv15, or Guardian lv15

Does anyone have hopes for shield classes to be viable? Is damage greater than reduction of damage that guardian lv15?

(Slightly off topic)
I want to play a 7/10 in defense and offense type class (preferably non evasion), and the best I could come up with after seeing how the changes are going… I’m curious what nets more damage between these?

Swordsman lv15 Gung Ho (on ktest)
Rodelero’s Strike debuffs
High Guard buffs to Pelta skills

All of these with Murm’s bonus to damage, makes ya wonder. Thoughts?

how you gonna get swordC3>peltC3>Rodelero at least C2 and murmillo in a same build?
I think for pvp swordC3>rodeC3>cor>murmillo will remain, this build is good if you are founded for pve.
Also murmillo bonus damage are getting lower pelt skills from 40% per lv to 10% and so the other ones

It was more of a mindset of:

Sw3 > Pelt1> Rod3 > Murm

or

Sw1 > Pelt3 > Rod3> Murm

Just looking for input from other swordies. Maybe others might see something I dont.

Also, I didnt know the bonus damage was being lowered so much. Is Murm not looking as good as needed as before then?

Here’s how it’s estimated to work in the new system when compared to the old, divided between the amounts of silver you invested in attributes.

Low Attributes: Noticeably stronger than old system
High Attributes: Slightly weaker than old system.

Basically you’ll be getting a lot better initial performance from the class, but getting high/maxed attributes will be slightly weaker than it used to be.

murmillo will remain the same large amount of money for attribute will make it strong.
SwordiC3>rodeleroC3>corsair/nobi>murmillo is the better side for pvp for what i talk with some pro murmillo(or at least well gearded) no hook harder pvp, and btw corsair skill are getting a mayor buff on test server knee howling does more damage now(a lot)

For the second build which is the one that i play, pelt skill are good and bad at the same time butterfly hits wider than shooting star but shooting star do 4 hits, swash is good for party but for solo in high lv maps is bad i can’t kill 20 enemies and if you have 1500 or lower magic def and taunt magic damage mob it’s time to take it in the a*s or run.

Both build are good but the first one is more oriented for pvp and the second is hybrid but something that caught my eye is the Sword>PeltC3>HopC3>murmillo this build seems to be so good for PvE

Guardian was changed from 35% defense and -14% patk lv15 to 55% defense and -15% lv15 so its very worth it. Pelt passive block is really good in ktest, so pelt1 hop1 rodel3 corsair murmilo is a very good pvp build (for now).

Does Rodelero’s high kick debuff still work?

High Guard still only gives 240 flat block with -10% PATK at level 10 so you’d only take it for the Umbo/Rim Blow boost (100%)

PVP or PVE?

If PVE, the bigger the damage the better, SW3 offers a lot instead of defensive pelt.

If PVP. Rodelero dont shine on PVP. It is only good on paper. Corsair 2 offers more or hoplite 2. Unfortunately, Rodelero takes up the badly needed rank slots for hop2 or Corsair 2 for unmounted pvp swordsman.

The tooltip says its 0 seconds even in itos… its working fine although i am not sure if the bonus is still 50%, going to test tomorrow.

Rechecked and fixed that. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

murmillo still good on pvp? I read some comments that murmillo and rodelero got nerfed, so what was it? I think rodelero 3 is still good on pvp, because you need those strike debuffs.

I dont have time to invest heavily in multiple characters or builds sadly, so I really can only build one. I read Gung Ho was % now like Guardian, so thats why I was wondering about it, since you cant have both up at the same time.

On Ktest:
Example: Is Rod 3’s short duration strike debuff net more/better DPS than Gung Ho’s basically on all the time damage amp?

Im going guardian and concentrate

1 Like

Murm needs corsair 1, ideally corsair 2 to function in pvp.

Strike debuffs are not needed in pvp, as it takes too long to set up. The burst damage from scutum and headbutt are usually sufficient.

cor 2 for? hook duration?

The new Gung Ho formula is kinda weird because it’s a root function, so it tends to fall off the more you put into STR. Both Gung Ho and Concentrate requires STR or/and DEX to be meaningful now, so if you’re using a shield, guardian lv 15 is better.

root function:

1 Like

So basically, if you are using a shield, dont bother trying to do any kind of meaningful damage? I hate the idea of extremes of only def or only offense. Maybe Im barking up the wrong tree.

Yeah, Iron hook is necessary for non-cata swordies to perform in pvp. Without it, you will just be running around trying to hit things and usually failing.

With iron hook 2 and well placed knockdowns you can keep a player crowd controlled almost indefinitely.

With Swordie3 and Corsair2 you can lock down an opponent from 100% to 0%, reliably.

so you think sw3 hop2 cor2 murm1 is better?

That is my planned build when the ktest changes come to iTOS.

Right now I am swordie3 pelt1 cors2 dopple1 murm.