Tree of Savior Forum

Do you think the game should have gathering skills and better crafting?

Fishing, Mining, Harvesting, Logging, Cooking, Alchemy, Armorsmithing, Weaponsmithing…

I think if they put those in the game it would make it much more immersive than just grinding.

Is it too late to dream about these features?

1 Like

How is it too late when this is just closed beta? They wont add all the features at closed beta. You can hope for farming as it was shown on the g star video.

YES!

A million times yes. Im craving to have tis, a weee better crafting system in ToS. The current one is lackluster, not to mention that it makes no sense (insect wings to make a steel plate armor, really?). They could even use the Gytis Settlement area for such, its simply perfect, IMO.

I’d like this alot. I want to level them up by using it though instead of putting points in them. I think its dumb that you can craft anything and all you need is the recipie and mats…

I think recipies should be rarer and you actually learn the recipie so you dont need to get another one every single time, but you also need a certain skill lvl to make stuff. Ther would also be basic things you can make from recipies from the town vendor and stuff.

This would give us different types of grinds instead of just killing things.

Professions are the biggest time sink of all in mmos :pensive:

3 Likes

Professions? Lol no!
The monsters all give resources by hunting them, beside the game is about hunting monsters (beside looking for the goddess and defeat the great evil), so, better not turn this into a Mabinogi.

Beside would be nice if they revamp the blueprint system, to encourage peoples on crafting and selling items.

dude we will need to grind monsters A LOT, its not runescape, its not “skill grinding” game

Neither was Runescape until they added those skills.

??
20charthing//////

At its core, Runescape is an RPG. They may have popularized the ‘skill grinding’ concept we see today, but it was at one point a simple RPG just like any other. Tree of Savior could easily go down this route too. It’s not like IMC has told us they have any specific direction for this game (not that I know of) except to make it fun to play with friends.

Why not add a skill set? Because people don’t want to devote time into it? Because people hate fun? I don’t really see a reason to be opposed to such an optional mechanic.

ToS isnt this kind of game, there are tons of games like this being released, games made to use this mechanics, if they “Implement” skills and such, the game will sux and ill probably go play those other games i said

It’s never too late. Gardening is a new feature that’ll be available in OBT, so keep on suggesting.

gardening is a guild thing right?

Possibly, it seems to be in a guild instance, but there is no confirmation yet.

Yes we definitely need something… more. I don’t think btw that we necessary have to change what is in the game already but we need something we can progress in with any class other than grinding or questing. I had a few ideas before that I was lazy to finish…XD but its basics are here: Profession (Life Job) system

Btw I feel like that gardening won’t be that engaging what I would like to see either but we will see.