Tree of Savior Forum

Problem after 4/19/2016 maint?

Reinstalling the entire client didn’t help
Same issue

Hi. I just disabled my anti-virus Auto Protect, Smart Firewall, and Activated Silent Mode. Maybe this patch has virus. I should welcome virus now. Going to delete my anti-virus then. ToS is on!

Thank you sir, this one worked for me. Chosen as solution and edited 1st post to add some sort of disclaimer.

look at quarentine in your anti virus, if you find Client_tos restore and mark as save trust… but i dont recomend disable anti virus.

Alright here is how it worked out for me.

Even though i had deactivated my Windows Defender (i don’t like it) it got reactivated within the last Windows 10 Updates (dunno why)

i just deactivated it again and deleted my “tos.exe” inside the steamapps/common/TreeOfSavior/release/patch folder and renamed the “tos.exe.temp” file into “tos.exe” after that i just relaunched the game again and it works flawless now.

I guess the most ppl here dont even know that the Windows Defender was reactivated by the last Windows Update and didn’t recheck it.

Deactivate defender and rename tos.exe.temp to tos.exe worked for me. Thanks

instead of deactivating my defender, I added the Tos folder as an exception on the windows defender settings. after that, i renamed tos.exe.temp to tos.exe after of course, deleting the current tos.exe

Here’s how I fixed the problem.

TreeOfSavior\release\patch

click tos.exe

let it patch and it has an error.

run Update_downloader that has just appeared in the same folder.

run tos.exe again

enjoy

That worked for me too, thx a lot man :clap:

Well, this one worked for me. Thanks.

Solved this

1. Go to %steam%\SteamApps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\patch
  2. Run Updater_Downloader.exe as administrator

Might as well post my error and solution in launching the game.

So apparently I had an error with “Updater_downloader.exe (975)” everytime I launch the game, hence I cannot update. I tried running the tos.exe as administrator and still it does not work. I even tried verifying the integrity of the game cache in Steam.

So I tried connecting to a VPN and I manage to get to your screenshot, and closed. Then I relaunched and currently downloading the necessary .paks needed for the patch.

There’s probably a connection error between my ISP and the server. I have yet to see if I will be able to play the game without the VPN. I will update this post later.

edit: managed to play without the VPN. so apparently might be an ISP connection problem with the server during the Update_downloader.exe.

2 Likes

thank you bro. your solution works!

I tried disabling my Windows defender but it doesnt help. When i open my release/patch folder all i see is one tos exe file, i dont see any tos temp file. I’ve literally tried all suggestions here but to no avail. I still keep getting the patcher failed, please restart message.

I have done every solution written here so far… and nothing… my issue is the Update fail please restart… can you explain a bit more detailed what you did?

Here’s what I did. Go to steam > steamapps > common > TOS > release > patch > run the tos application with the logo. It should start to patch again. Hope this helps :smiley:

I tried everything except renaming the tos.exe.temp because I don’t have it. Can someone upload theirs?

http://prnt.sc/au3j4e . The main problem T_T

Did those possible solutions mentioned earlier to no avail =(

ok, somehow it works for me after restarting my computer and disabling windows defender again