Tree of Savior Forum

Problem after 4/19/2016 maint?

Anyone experiencing this as well?

EDIT: I actually posted this as a reply in this thread, but I decided to put this here for more exposure

Let’s just hope this gets fixed ASAP, world bosses are waiting to be killed, and I don’t want to disappoint them.

EDIT2: Chosen solution might not work for all, as some have commented, it appears to have solved the issue for me. When I re-launched the game after renaming the tos.exe.temp, the normal patcher updated the game, the way it normally does for me, and voila it went though and properly started the game.
Thanks for all ‘solutions’ posted here, try them who knows which one will work for you XD

EDIT3. REKT. Problem encountered again when I exited the client and launched again. The chosen solution worked to fix it again tho, this time no patching occurred.

2 Likes

Click ok, and open the game again.
I think the client is updated with VAC, and it just a notice said that client have been updated.

Yup, had this too, started again and it ran normally.

But any info on what this is, would still be appreciated. :smiley:

I’ve been trying about > 5x now, but I guess I’ll be patient and try some more, and maybe do a restart. Thanks.

i have click again and steam says the game is running :frowning:

You see this https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/original/3X/c/c/cc17383f79fea93d5b4649894932d5a188cb3eaa.png
After you restart the game steam shows this
https://i.imgur.com/zM2bffQ.png
Then you fix game integrity and return to step 1.

1 Like

Weird, then you should verify the game with steam.
The game run normally for me when i reopen it.

The issue persisted and steam says that app is running but nothing is happening XD. Will try to verify game files. Thanks for your assistance guys. Will update with result.

after maint i can log in to game menu,tht server page but i cant log in to server,am i at ban list ? coz i see website server is up but i cant log in ? any 1 got this problem ? how to fix this ?

1 Like

Verifying files doesn’t help in this case. Reinstalling the entire client atm (maybe it has to do something with iCBT client remains)

Wondering if this has anything to do with people with addons I have the Lua addon and I have this issue…

Is this for real? ~8 gb is not something my internet connection can finish in a few hours lol. :sob:

Probably not, I use the add-ons as well but I just had to close that message and start the game again to get in as usual.

I’m using exp viewer and i still can play the game.

The problem is because of the Lua addon. I renamed the addons folder and could update after that.

Says pretty much that: “Client has been succesfully updated”

Click to close and then reopen the client again.

what did you do to the steam_appid.txt?

Hi can you expound on this renaming the steam_appid.txt thingy?

Tried verifying game cache, ended up redownloading 4 files, which was pretty much a breeze. Still encountered the problem afterwards. :sob:

I’m using the Excrulon Addons, also have some user.xml tweaks for performance, and added a hotkey button to hotkey_mousemode.xml for NPC interaction to avoid issues with some NPCs that don’t react to clicks (though i switched to gamepad controls anyways now).
Also tweaked my systems networking settings.
And i can play with no problem, addons are still working, too.

I’m not using that quest addon though, i thought I’d wait for a statement on this one.