Tree of Savior Forum

Error "Update Fail, Please Restart"

As of the new patch on the 19th? I think, The “Stop The Abuse Brazil”-patch.
I and it seems several people have issues with runing the game now.

I start the game and it says, “Launcher updated, please restart” and then I restart the game, after a while in the launcher screen at the bottom it says 0% and then. “Update Fail, Please Restart”.

I haven’t had any issues prior to this patch.

What I have tried:
Rebooting.
Re-installing ( deleting everything on the computer )
Verifying the game cache several times.
Runing several launch options (-High -Threads 4 etc)
Copying the FULL game from a working computer.
Having the Update_downloader open and runing the game ((Trick?) Worked for some people).
I then tried exp viewer addon to see if it fixed the issues I was having.
Cleaning Registry.

My Setup:
i5-2500K 3.3ghz
16 gb DDR3
GeForce GTX 580
Samsung 128gb SSD

I would appriciate help. I wanna play.

Here are some options that I can think of to help you:

Option 1: try using a VPN before launching the launcher. Once it has downloaded the update you can disconnect from the VPN. see more instruction here

Option 2: Try revising the release.revision.txt found at the ToS root/release folder, then rerun it.

Option 3: try combining the 2 methods.

Thanks for answering. I tried under VPN, nothing. Also combining. Still nothing.

My Revision.txt doesn’t hold any data, issue?

I also tried going behind DMZ since on the link you forwarded you talked about being something with ISP’s. Nothing so far.

Tried a second laptop that the game is working on, on my connection (same IPv4) and it runs perfectly correct, tried reinstalling the game on that computer and download it again on my ISP to see if it failed, but it didn’t. Works good there.

Ugh, hardships.

Resolved!

After thinking about ISP and the comments made by other forum posts. I downloaded “HijackThis” a open-source software that lets you see all your process that are runing and/or hidden.
The Culprit? And Old installation of Tunngle was based in it causing VPN collision. Now I removed it from registry with “HijackThis”. Ran Tree Of Savior. Runing smoothly updating and I’m inside the game!

Thanks so Much Triztandriz