Tree of Savior Forum

Problem after 4/19/2016 maint?

instead of deactivating my defender, I added the Tos folder as an exception on the windows defender settings. after that, i renamed tos.exe.temp to tos.exe after of course, deleting the current tos.exe

Here’s how I fixed the problem.

TreeOfSavior\release\patch

click tos.exe

let it patch and it has an error.

run Update_downloader that has just appeared in the same folder.

run tos.exe again

enjoy

That worked for me too, thx a lot man :clap:

Well, this one worked for me. Thanks.

Solved this

1. Go to %steam%\SteamApps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\patch
  2. Run Updater_Downloader.exe as administrator

Might as well post my error and solution in launching the game.

So apparently I had an error with “Updater_downloader.exe (975)” everytime I launch the game, hence I cannot update. I tried running the tos.exe as administrator and still it does not work. I even tried verifying the integrity of the game cache in Steam.

So I tried connecting to a VPN and I manage to get to your screenshot, and closed. Then I relaunched and currently downloading the necessary .paks needed for the patch.

There’s probably a connection error between my ISP and the server. I have yet to see if I will be able to play the game without the VPN. I will update this post later.

edit: managed to play without the VPN. so apparently might be an ISP connection problem with the server during the Update_downloader.exe.

2 Likes

thank you bro. your solution works!

I tried disabling my Windows defender but it doesnt help. When i open my release/patch folder all i see is one tos exe file, i dont see any tos temp file. I’ve literally tried all suggestions here but to no avail. I still keep getting the patcher failed, please restart message.

I have done every solution written here so far… and nothing… my issue is the Update fail please restart… can you explain a bit more detailed what you did?

Here’s what I did. Go to steam > steamapps > common > TOS > release > patch > run the tos application with the logo. It should start to patch again. Hope this helps :smiley:

I tried everything except renaming the tos.exe.temp because I don’t have it. Can someone upload theirs?

http://prnt.sc/au3j4e . The main problem T_T

Did those possible solutions mentioned earlier to no avail =(

ok, somehow it works for me after restarting my computer and disabling windows defender again

run this > http://puu.sh/onXDo/4ba6beb50a.png

As I have said, this is the problem I have encountered.

I managed to solve the problem by connecting to VPN service e.g. Hotspot then I relaunched the game, it then proceed to this screen same as the TC’s image below

Then I clicked “OK” and proceeded to download the .paks that was necessary for the patch, while still being connected to the VPN.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Also I set both the two TOS.exe that are found in the (tos root folder)/release and at the (tos root folder)/release/patch to run as administrator, as well as the Update_downloader.exe

1 Like

None of these things are working…

Client is stuck trying to download 11035_001001.pak but will eventually fail.

Please fix.

Are you still connected while downloading the 11035_001001.pak ? You need to be connected to VPN still until all the .paks are downloaded

This one working for me thanks a lot man!

http://www.topservers200.com/tree-of-savior hope this helps, Its pretty much a guide to make your gaming better and more reliable. GG IMC