Tree of Savior Forum

Problem after 4/19/2016 maint?

Nah sorry my mistake, just the addons folder is enough. There’s nothing special about the .txt file.

what did you renamed the addons folder to? if you dont mind could you elaborate a bit more in to this as we have the same addon and I have the issue…

I don’t have a addon folder tho XD.

Maybe it isn’t then because of the Lua addon since some people have it and updating works normally and some dont and can’t update… But I tried to update multiple times and got the error, after I added “asdf_” infront of the addons folder it updated normally for me.

have the same problem, no addons at all.

WOO official statement from a post in the right place.

:frowning:

1 Like

ToS developer please notice the issue and fix it asap. Thank ou

Yeah, I’ve got the same situation here as well

If you use exp add verify using steam it will replace 4 files.

If no addons just do next step.

After you get the error RESTART your machine.

It shoud update propely now.

Looks like the client stuck in background.

hopefully the ToS developer will notice the issue and fix it asap

how to verify using steam? :smiley:

i have the same problem

is there any other way to fix this problem? it seems i have the same problem too…

from the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache… button.
Steam will verify the game’s files - this process may take several minutes.
Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Right click on Tree of Savior in game library, hit properties then go to local files tab, 4th option is Verify Integrity of Game Cache

verifying the local game files didn’t do it for me…

it’s not the Addons folder some of you refering to, i just uninstalled the whole game, deleted every tiny bit of ToS and reinstalled it fresh. the Error is still there and needs to get fixed.

2 Likes

Thank you for this information. I almost dived into my death. :scream:

You must restart your machine after