Tree of Savior Forum

Priest, Math on the new blessing

Damage increased by blessing is now boosted by the caster’s INT and SPR.

Original + { ([SPR] × 0.06 + [INT] × 0.02) × ([Skill Level] -1) }

Duration has been increased 45 seconds → 60 seconds

So lets see how it theorically will affect the damage whit different stat setups and skill lvls.

Base 100CON 175INT 0SPR / Rank scaled 127CON 363INT 0SPR

lvl3 blessing> 23 (flat DMG from Blessing) + (363 * 0.02) * (3 - 1) = 37.52 (per hit damage)
lvl15 blessing> 70 (flat DMG from Blessing) + (363 * 0.02) * (15 - 1) = 171.64 (per hit damage)

Base 0CON 279INT 0SPR / Rank scaled 0CON 577INT 0SPR

lvl3 blessing> 23 + (flat DMG from Blessing) + (577 * 0.02) * (3 - 1) = 46.08 (per hit damage)
lvl15 blessing> 70 + (flat DMG from Blessing) + (577 * 0.02) * (15 - 1) = 231.56 (per hit damage)

Base 100CON 0INT 179SPR / Rank scaled 127CON 0INT 229SPR

lvl3 blessing> 23 + (flat DMG from Blessing) + (229 * 0.06) * (3 - 1) = 50.48 (per hit damage)
lvl15 blessing> 70 + (flat DMG from Blessing) + (229 * 0.06) * (15 - 1) = 262.36 (per hit damage)

Base 0CON 0INT 279SPR / Rank scaled 0CON 0INT 362SPR

lvl3 blessing> 23 + (flat DMG from Blessing) + (362 * 0.06) * (3 - 1) = 66.44 (per hit damage)
lvl15 blessing> 70 + (flat DMG from Blessing) + (362 * 0.06) * (15 - 1) = 374.08 (per hit damage)

As you can see this change is just good for heavy SPR builds whit blessing maxed, not very noticiable in the rest.

Now i just hope that they change it so lower lvl blessings dont override higer lvl ones, can already hear the blames when casting lvl 3blessing on my INT priest.

You call +271 damage per hit instead of +170 “not very noticable”?

Edit: Corrected value.

Did you even read the post or just talking random BS?

Fine, I just relied on your result, but let me calc it myself.

Say you are the common INT/CON build as in your example with 363 INT. If you cast Blessing Level 15.

It’s 170 + 0.0236314 = 170 + 101.64 = 271.64

Also let’s take level 14 to see how much a single point will be wortH:

166 + 0.0236313 = 260.38

So basically even if you went for INT/CON, the damage increase goes up from 170 to 271. That’s still very significant.

It still means Blessing will be better than Sacrament and Aspersion for damage, because a single point in Blessing means +11 damage per hit. That’s more than the Sacrament/Last Rites combo gives even on low health. And the Aspersion / Aspergillum combination is only better if you deal less than 4 hits per attack and have the attribute maxed.

So basically you are saying that 55 damage per hit is better than for example having revive lvl5 instead of revive lvl10?

The only thing that can be remotelly worth is scalp some duration on sacrament for some little damage points on blessing.

Aspersion gives 21 damage per point but just in one damage line, whit 4 or more damage lines is posible that blessing deal more damage.

Blessing vs Revive is hard to compare as one is offensive and one is defensive. So it’s more a matter of taste, just like 2/5 Resurrection vs 5/5 Resurrection.

But in terms of maxing your damage, after the update it’s pretty clear you should leave Aspersion and Sacrament at 1 and put all the skill points you want to use for increasing your damage into Blessing, unless you are a pure CON build or go for STR/DEX (relevant for monk as most monks get Priest3 first).

As Full Support Priest, you basically have this:
12/15 Blessing, 7/10 Revive, 2/5 Resurrection, 7/10 Mass Heal
And now you have 9 skill points remaining to distribute on those.

and these 3 points that ur missing on revive and mass heal are much more worth than some lvls on blessing.

But ur rigth about aspersion, is posible that blessing outdamages it:

lvl3 aspersion / lvl15 blessing / lvl2 ressurrection / lvl5 sacrament / lvl10 revive / lvl10 mass heal

that sounds like a good build when patch comes.

In other hand aspersion atribute doubles the bonus per lvl when maxed. making it 42 damage per lvl, Tbh seems too little difference for justify a reset potion.

Your math is wrong. You multiplied base values of 0.06 and 0.02 with Skill lvl, which is not what the formula says.

It’s always 0.06 or 0.02

Corrected version (I have no idea about rank scaling, so I will use same stat values)
ALL EXAMPLES ARE WITHOUT [Blessing: Enhance] ATTRIBUTE (NO BONUS DMG)

Your conclusion is still right: This change effects SPR builds most, which is obvious due to the 0.06 (6% of SPR) scaling compared to the 0.02 (2% of INT) scaling. The change is supposed to make Full Support builds stronger.

Also …

[quote=“shadgan_85, post:1, topic:306154, full:true”]
Now i just hope that they change it so lower lvl blessings dont override higer lvl ones, can already hear the blames when casting lvl 3blessing on my INT priest.[/quote]
Don’t cast it then if a higher lvl Blessing is still active.

INT 0.02 per blessing lvl, SPR 0.06 per blessing lvl. Whats wrong there?

used this for calculate rank bonuses: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/stat-calculator/

You don’t have that many skill points, you need 5/5 Stone Skin and 1/15 Monstrance.

Really leave Aspersion at 1/15 and Sacrament at 1/10. Especially if you are not taking Chaplain, but even with Chaplain it’s just not worth it.

Aspersion/Aspergillum: Only increases damage on first hit and only on normal attacks, Blessing increases on every hit for all skills. It’s also SELF ONLY!

Sacrament/Last Rites: Basically comes down to +4~8 damage per hit, but I think it also doesn’t work with skills, unlike Blessing.

The only mistake you made is multiply it with skill_level instead of (skill_level-1). The rest was fine.

Is proven that stone skin need heavy SPR invesment to be worth so as INT priest i have it lvl0.

Capella buffs mostrance even at lvl0, dont think is worth the point.

I guess is more about player preference in this case.

It’s not per skill lvl.

Take a look at the formula again:
Original + ( ([SPR] × 0.06 + [INT] × 0.02) × ([Skill Level] -1) )
This is basic math. First you calculate what’s in parenthesis ( ). Then you calculate “dots” (multiply/divide). Then you calculate “lines” (add/subtract)
Example 100 SPR 0 INT LVL 10 Blessing:
100 * 0.06 = 6.
10 - 1 = 9
6 * 9 = 54
54 + 50 (50 = Original LVL 10 Blessing DMG without attribute bonus) = 104

× ([Skill Level] -1)

and this?

simplifyed, spr+int values x skill lvl.

This here nails it .

ah now i got it, gonna change op values for urs.

Was this confirmed?
I mean I know that it happened for KTOS but was it confirmed that we will also get this change? And if so when?

No, no changes were confirmed for iToS. We might get it in a month, in a year or never. So it’s pretty much a lottery right now. Then again, there are skill reset potions, so nothing you can’t fix later unless you don’t have the money for it.

Right now I also went for max Aspersion, but I plan to use skill reset and move those points to Blessing eventually.

The bless change Will be rly strong for full suport Priests.
They cant just build a buff that works for balanced characters in game, cause there will be the ones who will turn it overpowered.
Now Priests buffs Will be enough to justify a slot in a WB party, for exemple.

Yeah, the change is particularly important if you consider the game after 7th rank. It would suck if all your previous buffs become completely irrelevant because they don’t scale at all.

Well that’s fair, I mean why chronos should get all the boxes :slight_smile:
I think scaling bless was needed and the formula makes sense tho it may be a bit overpowered atm
But yeah I don’t have hope that we’ll get this anytime soon