Tree of Savior Forum

Preliminary beginners guide to Clerics

The line is Iron President, which I must’ve mistaken for Iron Shirt.

Please forgive me, I don’t play Monk, and I don’t even know what A Voyeur is supposed to be

Cross referencing with https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skills get us:

The logarithms & overheat overkill patch:

Dexterity:

• Carve Attack, Smite, Conviction, Double Punch, Palm Strike, Knife Hand, One Inch Punch and God Smash should now all be affected by dex’s atk speed bonus.
    [ Note this isn’t listed on ktest neet ]

Krivis:

• Zaibas now has a flat 82% modifier.

Priest:

• Aspersion’s defense buff now scales with spr. { 20% base, +2 per extra skill level, spr scaling = (([Skill Level] / 5) × (([Character SPR] × 0.6) ^ 0.7)) }
  • Exorcise now has a flat 126% modifier, ticks once every 0.4s and has a new +5s duration attribute but no longer has the second int/spr formula we saw previously. (aka no spr/int scaling, and ktest neet does not list the +15.1% said nexon article lists.)
  • Blessing’s dmg formula has been changed into: (55 + (([Skill Level] - 1) × 25) + (([Skill Level] / 5) × ([Character SPR] ^ 0.9)))

Bokor:

• Zombify: Not sure where said stats are place on said site, so I can’t confirm or deny these changes.
  • Effigy now has a 10s cd and 5 overheat.
  • Ougeve now adds +5 str per skill level to zombies, but it also lost it’s int bonus!

Sadhu:

• Possession now has a base 131% modifier and gains +9.1% per skill level past 1. It also now has a 6.5s duration and ticks once per 0.3s. (not sure if it’s tick rate changed though.)

Paladin:

• Smite now deals +150% dmg vs demons and mutants instead of 20% and the conviction bonus was increased from 50% to 80%.

Monk:

• Double punch now has a 10s cd and 5 overheat…

Pardoner:

• Increase Magic Defense now again scales with spr. New formula = ( 30 + (([Skill Level] - 1) × 3) + (([Skill Level] / 5) × (([Character SPR] × 0.8) ^ 0.7)))

Chaplain:

• Magnus Exorciwhat’sitsnamus now has a flat 125% skill modifier again. I don’t see the supposed +15% skill factor in the dmg formula either.

Druid:

• Carnivory now has a base 163% skill modifier and gains +9% per skill level past 1. Also it now has a fixed 25 number of hits regardless of skill level or how much nonsense that is…

Miko:

• Hamaya now has a base 131% modifier and gains +15.7% per skill level past 1. It now has a fixed 8s duration as well.
  • Gohei now only removes one level of buff/debuff per use. ???

Inquisitor:

• Breaking wheel now has a 10s duration, costs 73 sp + 13 per skill level.
  • God Smash conviction dmg bonus increased from 30% to 60%.

Plague Doctor:

• Incineration now has a 16s cd instead of 20s. (ktest still list it as overheat 2 even…)

Taoist:

• Storm Calling now has a base modifier of 77% and gains +42.5% per skill level.
4 Likes

After all the outcries they managed to cripple many cleric builds :joy_cat:

I guess we should call the “multihitmustdie” patch :joy_cat:

I have two clerics heavily affected by these changes, I don’t even know how to change them now as, despite being non-meta builds, I liked to play with them. :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

Idk what that means either dude lol.

And it’s not Iron skin? What is Iron shirt hahaha I’m lost

maybe gohei now only remove 1lvl debuff/buff instead 1-3 lvl debuff/buff?

Thought multi-hit is somehow buffed in this 20/4 patch? At least we aren’t that dependent on blessings to deal damage now.

Well the doubled it’s damage but “halfed” the hits? What’s the point of that? I don’t… ;—; please help me

They did the same thing with potion and SP consume, incrising both of it’s values and stuff. But why e…e’

1 Like

Do you consider that a buff ?

• Zaibas now has a flat 82% modifier.
  • Hamaya now has a base 131% modifier and gains +15.7% per skill level past 1. It now has a fixed 8s duration as well.
  • Effigy now has a 10s cd and 5 overheat.
  • Carnivory now has a base 163% skill modifier and gains +9% per skill level past 1. Also it now has a fixed 25 number of hits regardless of skill level

Effigy becomes totally useless with the 10s cd/5 overheat :joy_cat:

The damage is slightly higher…Hum… I was never OK with the damage and the limited number of hits that carnivory deals. Now is It turned it into “”"“Burst”""" ish damage?
If there are 10 Monsters placed in chromostata (or whatever) when carnivory is activated, they’ll receive 2 hits and 5~ of them will receive the last ones… I don’t understaaaaaaaaaand ;-----;

1 Like

At the very least it is better than the previous iteration for some of the skills, which have really low % factor. In past iteration every multi-hit will need to depend on priest c3’s blessing to get the damage as their % are a pitiful 40-60%.

Some 'buff’s are totally uncalled for though, like zaibas, effigy, carnivory.

Don’t really understand IMC’s way in balancing skills. Yes in a way multi-hit skill damage need to match single hit skills, but then they forget one very important thing which is multi-hit skills take time to deal their damage.

At any time the recipient of the damage can move out of the multi hit skill hit area and get way lesser damage than what is intended. Unlike single hit skills once it connects the full damage is dealt. Which is why in most games, DoT often deals more damage over time compared to DD skills.

3 Likes

They even put the 10s/5 to Tet Mamak La, which is needed to position zombies and, if you don’t have a full weelchair zombie summon, you need to cast it more than once since it’s “eaten” by the first zombie that approaches it.

I wonder if they even play their own game at this point.

They defnetly don’t :sweat:

1 Like

I do think this 10s/5 overheats is just some playtest scenario the devs come up with so that they can get some idea/data on how such skills interact when they are limited. Chances are they will revert back imo (hopefully as we never know how they think >.>)

It kind of creates a big woohaa on archer’s side too with the 10s5o implementation.

And come to think of it… Out of Body is also a 0 cooldown skill, I think IMC forgot to change this to a 10s5o skill too lol. Poor sadhu.

1 Like

LMFAO :joy: :joy: :joy:

I really hope you are right, it seems to me that they are blindly doing a trial and error.
But it’s always IMC, I’ll set my expectations low to not be disappointed too much :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Read somewhere that Magnus has a fixed 9s duration.(?)

checks out, see: https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skills/41303

So ME also got the more dmg, less duration treatment …

It makes sense on the Archer side since almost every class have 2 or more 0 cd skills. Now, why Monk? Do you hate fun IMC?

Looking more and more like burst damage than DOT now with all these shortened durations.:frowning: