Tree of Savior Forum

Preliminary beginners guide to Clerics

I am a Cleric2/Priest3/Chaplain but my stat distribution at Level 222 is 100 Con 155 Int (the excess stat points came from quests and shrines). Should I attempt to redistribute my stat points if I decide to take PD2 Circle 7 and 8 or should I maintain it as it is? no immediate plans to PVP but who knows…

Not necessarily, the chap/pd2 build can run any variation of spr/int.

You got enough con, and can still opt for a int/spr hybrid (decent dmg & block) or pure int (low block, better dmg & heals.)

Only respec if you want to go full spr, aka most supportive stat variant.

Thanks for the advice… I was wondering at what point I should stop investing in Int but it’s good I can still continue to do so…

My concern now is, since I had invested 0 in Stone Skin should I bother redistributing my skill points based on your recommendation? I made the error of investing 10 in Sacrament so I needed to redistribute my skill points anyway…

Let`s go again!

I was thinking, and if i change CLERIC2 / PRIEST 1 / DIEV 3 / PD 2 to CLERIC2 / PRIEST 1 / DIEV 2 / PARD 1 / PD2. Discerning Evil has a good boost to PD, Increase Magic Resist turns u (if full SPR) a tank against magic (in lvl 5 and full SPR is about a 587 Magic Resist without acessories for 45s) at cost to lost Ausrine.

Opinions?

Yes, try redistributing your skill points. Chappy without lvl 5 stone skin is missing out.

Check under the priest tab in post 2 as well, not just the build examples. If you didn’t already ofc.

@cardox:

Due to pd2’s huge base dmg discern evil won’t be noticable on most mobs, i think you need to fight 500k+ mobs before it even adds damage. Aka specials/bosses only.

Ausrine, Improved owl & improved world tree is far more desirable and effective then resist magic will ever be.

1 Like

Thanks, no more doubts about the build. I’ll use my stats reset potion to revert SPR to INT build. Talking about CON, 100 is a good value (the rest in INT)?

100 con was roughly what we settled on with the 280 lvl cap.
We may need more con for the 330 lvl cap, but i can’t say yet for sure.

For now, 100 is fine.

1 Like

What makes a Meltis build proper?
I though meltis builds would focus on other people buffs.

Short answer: A melstis build that can keep buffs extended for as long as possible and keep a party alive in 20th floor et runs.

Long answer:

Melstis is indeed used to extend others buffs, but especially ausrine’s invuln for ET.
For a et build you will also want a res and decent healing, aka cleric2+priest1 so slotting in both krivis3 and diev3 on top of that is not a option yet.

Secondly Melstis used to extend the duration of potions, so you could easily keep it up with just krivis3.
However ktos’s melstis can no longer use items during melstis, and there are rumors melstis can no longer be kept up with the use of sp potions.

So any melstis build will then need to seek a way to counteract this, one of the most likely methods is a kabbalist/diev3 build to help it out.
But again, i need more information before i know what the best route for said melstis and diev builds would be. What i have now are educated guesses.

I just noticed that in your Cleric2/Priest3/Chap/PD2 template you did not invest a single point in deprotected zone. Is it not worth investing the debuff for an extra 1-2 secs in Incineration? If I had to reskill that extra point will be taken off of Safety Zone.

Can be done, just not personally a fan of it.

Divine Might + Cure + Vapors + Incineration 10 is already a 15s debuff, and incineration in ktos has overheat2 even.

You also have monstrance if you need it, though i remember some of these debuffs didn’t hit flying mobs. Not sure which atm.

You could address what I call the R6 filler in your guide somehow. Cleric2 is quite popular and many Cleric2 take Priest3, Krivis3, Diev3 or Bokor3 next. Many of these then want to be Kabbalist or PD, leaving R6 open for wide considerations.

For my Cleric2/Priest3/R6/PD that is SPR based, I did alot of brainstorming between Cleric3/Krivis/Pardoner/Oracle/Diev and ultimately picked Krivis.

For my upcoming Taoist that is Cleric2/Krivis3 right now ( > R6 > PD > Tao) , the same question takes place, adding in Miko.

And I am pretty sure, Diev3 and Bokor3 face the same dilemma.

Well, it is something you could talk about in the guide.

I feel it is sufficient to have the second post and the builds + variations listed. But it’s not something that needs a lot of attention imo. It’s quite simple (but lenghty):

Rank 6 wise:

• Cleric3: Mostly overkill, ignore. Priest is better for keeping the team alive due to res at this point.

• Priest1: One of the top picks due to resurrect alone. +200 dmg per hit isn’t bad either for a build using plague doctor2. Blessing also causes heal to hit twice per tile.

• Krivis1: Useful for daino. But best delayed till you have decent dmg or can’t delay it anymore. For priest3 support focus that’s r8.

• Bokor1: Decent dmg, far to small aoe without pd. Can be done on select builds, but they always have better options available.

• Dievdirbys: trap, the cd reduction ceases to work far to often. The slow is nice but since pd’s incineration got buffed with overheat2 it’s unnecesary for a bokor/pd build. (And pardoner beats it at said role by a mile.) All in all, there’s better support to be had.

• Sadhu1: Only if you feel suicidal. OoB got nerfed far to much, and get used to getting stuck every minute because why not… Bokor1 is superior in every way to it.

• Paladin1: Definitely worth it, good healing boost and chance to 1hit ko demons & mutants. But most builds that can slot it have more need for direct dmg or dmg prevention. Utility/overkill heal is to low priority.

• Monk1: Only worth it for physical classes anyway. But neither druid or paladin can afford it at rank 6.

• Pardoner1: Only worth it for pd builds. Due to their sheer dmg pardoner is only noticeable vs 400k+ mobs/bosses. It’s decent, but niche.

• Chaplain: Priest3’s should pick this up at rank5, cleric2 at rank6. That’s about it.

• Druid1: Good for diev/krivis builds due to telepath. The dmg from carni helps as well. One of the better r6 dmg options.

• Oracle1: Counterspell and prophecy work wonders in pvp, dispell scrolls mean only counterspell is worth it there. Forecast is decent if it doesn’t bug out. Which it will. Change is useless at r8 areas since it doesn’t work on special mobs.

Short version:

Priest3 = grab chaplain/cleric2.

Bokor3 = grab pardoner, priest or oracle.

Diev3 = grab druid, pardoner if planning to pd, priest or oracle.

Sadhu2 = Grab diev2 asap, those interrupts are fricking annoying.

Hopefully miko opens up new builds.

Kabba is in a bad spot atm since it’s second rank is really bad, and both pd and druid need the 7th and 8th ranks to perform well. + 250k health quest mobs are no joke. A lot of ktos support builds can’t progress.

Taoist benefits far to much from druid2 and krivis3. Then go for the 50k+ zaibas hits in r9.

Rank 8 has some very nice options build wise, but overall i think it’s limiting int builds to much at the moment.

O li realy wanted an confirmation about miko… She could change my currently bokor build a lot

@Wurmheart, a last tip please.

CLERIC 2/ PRIEST 1 / DIEVDIRBYS 3 / PLAGUE DOCTOR 2

or

CLERIC 2/ DIEVDIRBYS 3 / PARDONER 1 / PLAGUE DOCTOR 2

To an offensive support.

Take The first one /20characters

1 Like

Imo the priest. Can’t go wrong with res and blessing.

Not a real fan of pardoner atm, it’s only noticeable on high health enemies.

1 Like

Thanks @Wurmheart and @pedrinsotero for all support. I feel a bit more prepared to the cleric job :smiley:

Krivis 1 is good for 233SPR build clerics as well. With zalciai at least at lvl 3, hogma warriors inside ET, the most crit resistant creatures, get theirs downed to zero.

You are rly too biased with this. I know some ppl who regret taking up chaplain…

Capella is a good thing…but firstly it is not as reliable as it seems on paper…secondly your priest3 won’t turn into trash just because your SS has some cooldown…

I think you see more in Chaplain than it offers and less in Priest3 than it offers… You get the main skills like Blessing/Mass Heal/Res/Revive etc. from Priest3 already…

Chaplain is just a nice addition to it… but I think you are free to choose other classes too that can complement your build and be a nice addition to it. I rly don’t think Chaplain is mandantory.