Tree of Savior Forum

Preliminary beginners guide to Clerics

Can work, but like @pedrinsotero said it’s really low on damage. Which simply is a major factor in this game.

24/7 stone skin from chaplain is quite good, esp with high spr, and leaves you with room for some dmg & support via pd2.

Otherwise diev3/druid2 offers more dmg prevention from mobs, and far more damage/defenses. Also works with the melstis+invuln combo probably.

I’d recommend druid2 over diev2 though, allows you to transform for stat boosts and sterea trofh is imo much better then world tree.

Though it also depends if you want to pvp or not. Some builds do better there, others worse.

You can see the examples in my build section, i still hope to add a few more. But the ones i have should be good atm.

Did conviction work with pandemic btw? i can’t even remember anymore :smiley: Might still be room for a pala int build using pd2+conviction.

1 Like

Thanks… Diev 3 will give me some DPS? Take a look

The order can change, but my only DPS skill will be Carve Owl. With a few little points changing, I can max Exorcise too, helping with damage.

Leaving PD it’s bad for bloodletting, it`s very helpful avoid some negative ailments.

Dont expect dps from this build realy, owls are good but i cant count on it, believe me i have an diev3druid2 and almost never use owls , only at very static bosses and big party of Monsters with no knockback, but dont expect this to often, my build include druid2 and already is painfull to kill mobs , imagine Priest/diev oh… The pain… realy only do that if you got a friend dps to play with you , or for some overkill ET build (but meltis combo is better for almost 100% uptime from invencibility)

1 Like

Thanks @Wurmheart,

I don’t nothing about Druid, but I`ll take a look. I really like the “slow tree” and the blind one from Diev, an excellent support. But I know that build is lack of good damage.

Again, i won’t a DPS build, but a do damage is support too! Diev rank 1 would work too? It’s not 100% time statues, but a very little cooldown.

Sorry for the noob questions, it’s my first cleric tree build. What is the Meltis combo? (lol).

I’m looking for a good balance. With 100% uptime invincibility I don’t need Stone Skin, and this skill is the only reason to get Priest 3 in my build. Can you help me a little more? :grin:

Melstis from krivis3 increases the duration of buffs, it was/is used to combine with ausrine for extended periods of invulnerability.

It doesn’t affect circle based invulns like sterea trofh though. But sterea trofh on it’s own is quite amazing, and is likely open for a combo with the upcoming miko class.

Melstis doesn’t extend potions anymore if i got my rumors right, so it may need a rank of kabbalist to help it out with sp management. Either in it’s own build or the other clerics build.

The two diev builds in my support section are designed with this in mind:
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/yqt2t16fox/ & http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/u8vh0bh9qn/

1 Like

Stone skin is Good and all but ausrine from diev3 gives invencibility and meltis from krivis 3 prolongs that invencibility and your party will love you in ET but outside that people will just prefer you doing dps , if you like diev i would go cleric2 diev3 druid3 or cleric2 diev3 Priest PD2 both are good at support and dps, PD2 high AoE dps and druid3 more support and survivability

1 Like

I see no reason in Priest for your second build, maybe only Ress, no? BTW. I have a cleric1 priest1 now, with diev3 and pd2, 3SPR:1CON do a good job in PvE? And about PvP?

You can be good at both , just take cleric 2 and you be fine !

1 Like

And its not only ress… It is RESS! Also good support from bless and aspersio and 1 more debuff for PD from monstrance

1 Like

Ok, Cleric 2, Priest 1, Diev 3, PD 2 (this build supports ET?). But this build Will be better with INT/CON than SPR/CON, Am I Wrong? Cleric tree has a huge mana pool without SPR, the only need for that would be SP recovery. INT scales Heal cure and damage, and without SPR I’ll not spent points in Deprotect Zone (SPR only utility).

Diev and PD has any INT or SPR scaling skill?

Thanks again @pedrinsotero and all of you guys!

Int con , nothing on spr

Chaplain isnt support exactly, it is more for a offensive support rather than those support that help the group survive. (I dont find cappella to be more useful than any other suport skills >.>)

Cleric2Priest3OracleKrivis is a good build for this purpose (stone skin and counterspell).

Rank 8 will be reserved to see if miko is gonna be good.

And with rank 8 coming, there are some meltis builds already, such as Cleric2Priest3Krivis3 and Cleric2Diev3Krivis3

Miko is a female only class?

Kanu is the male counterpart. Both are based on temple priests and miracle realizers.

1 Like

Which is irrelevant.

Yes oracle is a good 1 rank wonder class, but it can fit on any build and even be used alongside chaplain when rank 8 hits.
A high permanent team block build can only be done by combining priest3 & chaplain, and has more then enough merit for pve. (Nerfed a bit to much in pvp though imo.)

And that’s what matters in a advice thread, aka to point out what objectively works well. Capella’s 100% increase in damage prevention, is darn well worth mentioning.

(A bit simplified tbh, block is doubled on swordsman. condi prev is better for pvp. oracle + pd suffers from overlap, etc, etc.)

The hate, disdain or otherwise eagerness to dismiss chaplain on account of it’s damage does not foster a proper discussion on build viability, and i really do not want it regurgitated in my threads.

Priest3/Krivis3 is slightly wasteful, druid2 beats priest2-3 for damage prevention in that build. And again, it may still need kabbalist for ein sof sp recovery.

Diev3/Kriv3 is not a proper melstis build, it has no res or ein sof. Again not sure if ein sof is a must now.

And a SPR build, need Kabbalist for SP management?

Depends on what it’s used for. Though only bokor of the regular classes really needs some sp management. (But it benefits more of pd2 dmg/utility wise anyway)

Aside of that you need to pay attention to sp drain skills like Melstis & Lycanthrophy, they both drain a % of your max sp per second. So your stats don’t matter for these skills, in fact if you got to much sp it’ll be harder to recover it via potions.

However only krivis3 builds or builds designed to be a combo to said krivis3 build should consider kabbalist specifically for the sp recovery. I’m not yet sure on which build it’s most ideal however. Let ktos test that out for us first :smiley:

1 Like

Would a Cleric2, Priest 1, Diev 3, PD 2 work with 3SPR:1CON? Heal will be too weak? SPR build has huge Magic Defense, never-ending mana pool and insane SP recovery. What INT gives to me for this build? PD damage and improved healing?

Spr is only worth using on priest3/chap builds atm:

• The magic resistance is 0.2 per point of spr, aka useless.
  • The mana pool isn’t so bad, but most cleric builds don’t have mana issues.
  • Potions and bonfires help recover sp much faster, without a need for stats to be wasted.
  • Debuff resist is quite good, but for pve dispeller scrolls allow any build to block majority of conditions. For pvp bloodletting/Prophecy are far better and team wide.

Int = Improved dmg and healing.

Con = more health and defenses: good for pvp, for pve it turns to overkill really quickly.