Tree of Savior Forum

Preliminary beginners guide to Clerics

I’m struggling really hard to avoid taking cleric c2, but even this alone is awesome. Thanks for the reply!

Thanks for bringing those two points up, they’ve been corrected now. Also thanks to @Gwenyth for clarifying how it works.

And sadly two diev attributes are very dissapointing:

1. Dievdirby’s plant dmg attribute only works for damage dealt with a hammer. Not with spells. So only monks/paladins can get some use out of it.

2. Carve world tree’s duration attribute has a very significant range decrease, bit unclear from the screenshot but still:

1 Like

Is getting a high Fade in favor of no Safety Zone a good idea? Or should I be trading Divine Might instead? If Lv1 Fade (12s) is enough, I’m thinking Safety 4/Fade 1/Divine Might 5. (Cleric 2 -> Diev 3 -> Druid2)

Heal and Diving Might should always be maxed. Fade 1 should suffice for most purposes. I guess as the information provided by Gwenyth becomes more widely known there might be strictly-pvp builds that value additional 8s of Fade more.

Dievdirby loses its charm on daily basis. Not only World Tree doesn’t work like a real Classical Pluck and instead applies a simple lvl 1 debuff (immunity from PD / Oracle) but also it can be avoided with fade…

here is the video(s) ! - all PvE
I don’t really know any pyromancers/ diev in game to duel / show results.

( Boss Silence Attack Totems )

(Lachrymator - Rogue Silence Skill )

(Slow)

It’s hard for me to say, but Crow_mw is correct, fade 1 is good enough. i maxed my fade for the duration because it means i can stick around those ‘zoned’ areas much longer and offer support to my team mates without having to deal with being nuked by the flame pillar that they’re struggling to escape from. My C2 Build W/O DM I’m supportive cleric, by the way.

2 Likes

Hello

I currently play Cleric2 >> Krivis2 and planning Dievdirbys2 >> Plague Doctor

I want to know that is it good for support in pvp and which stat that I could focus except int

Not very, you’d rely on enemies simply walking into zaibas and carve owl’s range for most of your dmg. And silence is easily resisted in pvp.

Statwise a mix of con and int is fine for pvp. Ratio depends on your preference.

What so you think of a build like Cleric C2 > Diev C2 > Sadhu C2 > PD/druid ?

I know sadhu’s oob is not in the best place now but it can offer some dmg that scales with int, so I suppose it could stay relevant. For solo I would use the statues for aggro and fade/SZ for oob/possession.

Would this build be good for supporting groups in dungeons/ET, maybe even PVP?

And how far are you on your build? Did you reach Diev 3?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Could work a bit better, but possession has the same issue in pvp. Only good in close range and i’m pretty sure the bind can be prevented with bloodletting.

OoB is a decent option for pvp still, and for most of pve. The nerf did cut it’s dmg in half but it’s still usable.

Should be quite good for pve, but average in pvp.

And no, i didn’t reach diev3 yet. I’m only lvl 112 atm so it’s going rather slow.

Why do you say it’s going slow, not enough dmg? And are you soloing or in a pt?

I’m mostly solo, running quest chains + map completions and the occasional dungeon with a party to level up.
Most spawn rates aren’t good enough yet tbh, xp cards are pretty good tough.

Random dungeon groups would speed it up by a lot, but those are bugged atm. And dungeons groups don’t go for the 4 unique class exp bonus either.

I’m just slow myself atm, you could go faster with ease. And the server issues aren’t helping either.

Anyone know if the aspersion spell is worh getting? i have 9 points left to spare in my skill tree.

If you’re a chaplain then yes, since it scales aspergillum quite nicely.

Otherwise, at least one point for the defense buff isn’t so bad.
But any more isn’t that good at the moment due to how low defense from gear is. Lolopanther plate set + shield is around 600 defense if upgraded to +5? so 300 phys dmg reduction at best for pve.

In pvp it’s slightly better due to defense being calculated prior to multipliers, but it’s still not very good. Stone skin is also far better anyway.

Actually it’s pretty good and I think even worth maxing, especially for chaplain.

Defense is a bit underestimated IMO, you can get more then 1k defense with certain buffs and up to 2k with aspersion lvl 15. And I feel like it will be much more useful in late game, increasing your effective HP against physical damage greatly.

What buffs exactly? the thaum buffs? a squire’s armor buff?

I think it’s mainly the Thaum buff, I’ve done calculations for defense soft cap and it was around 2k, but I don’t remember what buffs exactly I included.

I should also notice that it’s possible to reach much more mdef, around 2.5-3k with all the required buffs avialble.

Just got to dievdirby3, and it’s a bit disappointing tbh.
Not due to carve owl or carve world tree of course, but entirely due to Ausrine.

It had a few surprises:

A) Hostile enemies have to be right next to it give the buff, otherwise it’ll do absolutely nothing.

B) It doesn’t work if said enemies are silenced, likely the same goes for other debuffs that prevent attacks as well. So don’t place it near carve world tree.

C) It gives the buffs one time for each skill level. (Divine might doesn’t affect that part somehow) Meaning it gives the invuln a max of 5 times.

D) It gives the buff after stepping into 2 of it’s adjacent circles. Making it take less then a second to get the buff. The one good surprise…

I’m rather hoping it’s bugged and not intended, though this may be of more use in pvp now.

Wow, quite a bunch of “prerequisites” to make the invulnerability buff work.

According to C) you can be invulnerable to dmg 5 x 18 sec if you go around it 5 times at Ausrine lvl 5? (or I completely misunderstood what you wrote :confounded:)
So the pvp tactic of carving Ausrine behind the wall to go in the match with the buff won’t work, so even for pvp it might be good for mass fights only.

What about carve owl dmg from C3 compared to C2? Do you thing carve owl lvl 5 would stay relevant at high lvl? Is the extended duration very helpful or not really needed?

Thank for your feedback so far :slight_smile:

My new attempts at testing it only make it more confusing…

E) Trying to stack the buff does nothing. No reset and no stacking. It does use a charge in the attempt however. (And the statue itself has a 30s timer)

D) Divine might may effect it after all, just really difficult to tell how many times it triggers atm.

E) I think it needs a few seconds to prepare. I can never get the buff until the 3 circles shine brightly.

F) Still getting occasions where it doesn’t work for some reason. Can’t reliable replicate said behavior though.

Need to some more testing when i max it.

Don’t regret going dievdirby3 though.

Carve owl’s duration, block count and damage all increased very nicely. Granted most areas still have a rubbish spawn rate so it takes till 160 at least to see it in proper action. But it’s good, really good.

lvl 11 carve world tree (Due to divine might) is also a 45s aoe silence, it’s insanely good.

I think i need to file a bug report on Ausrine though.

And i just got ausrine to work with carve world tree for once.

New theory, any existing aoe messes with it’s detection of people running into the circles. Carve world tree the most.