Tree of Savior Forum

Preliminary beginners guide to Clerics

1. What happens at lvl 160? Are the maps more packed with monsters?

2. Regarding the Cleric C2 > Diev C2 > Sadhu C2 > PD build I mentioned higher in the thread, do you think it would be comparable to Cleric C2 > Diev C3 > Druid > PD in dmg and support?

I am thinking that owl lvl 5 + possesion lvl 5 + oob might be comparable with owl lvl 10 + carnivory 5 (didn’t crunch any numbers), but the buff duration + ausrine invul loss might be too mugh to give up on?

Also all the sadhu skills hit flying mobs, and perhaps if oob gets a small buff it can stay relevant throughout the game since it scales with m.dmg.

1. Does possesion lock players in pvp or can they still attack?

2. I’m honestly not a big fan of how druid is in this game so in the second build maybe I can replace it with something else?(if the second build is better than the first one)

3. What is the exact effect of reversi on magic circles, ex sterea trofh?

Any feedback is much appreciated and I hope it’s not too many questions.

1. around that point you get access to demon prison 2, it has a crazy good spawnrate and in icbt2 we used it to level from around 140 all the way up to 175. (now we got a lvl 145 dungeon though, so you can postpone it a bit more.)

2. Not quite as good dmg/support imo. But possession makes leveling a lot easier.

The duration, the block count (basically it’s health) and damage are all improved with skill level for carve owl. It’s a huge difference between diev2 and diev3.

45s carve world tree is also fricking sweet.

OoB isn’t that bad atm, just needs enhance/int at decent values first.

Ausrine you won’t miss though, did manage to use it a few times in my dungeon run but mostly it does nothing. I’d wager on it being bugged.

1. Yes, but bind is a r1 status effect so both bloodletting and prophecy will prevent it.

2. Druid2 is easy to replace, Druid1 a lot less so. Maybe pardoner if you go plague doctor or a rank of bokor. (or just diev3/sadhu2/pd)

3. It switches their allegiance. So in case of sterea trofh it would stop giving invuln to the caster’s team and give invuln to the reversi user’s team instead.

ps, ausrine is a standard invuln. Does not prevent conditions either.

Another diev statue no working properly? WHO WOULD’VE THOUGHT right? XD
I’m still waiting on the Laima statue bug fix :c it’s still not always applying the cd reduction

I’m thinking of trying a diev 3 build on an alt cleric. My plan is cleric2,diev3,*,pd but trying to decide between krivis or Druid for rank 6. I know if I do Druid I can always buy daino scrolls but would also get more status effects for pd’s incineration. Hard to choose :confused:

Hmm, I guess i’ll give up on sadhu for now. Maybe by the end of April they will release info on rank 8 and then I’ll see.

By then the community should have more info on builds overall anyway.
I love how versatile the cleric classes are but damn it can be a headache sometimes to make a build :weary:

You’ve been of great help so thank you again.

Btw is the diev3-druid2 your main or is it just for testing purpose?

@iago_l

I don’t think I ever had problems with the CD reduction, always worked for me. Could it be lag for you? I am on Fedimian server and there the lag is not that bad.

If diev3/druid2 turns out to be good then it’ll be one of my main chars sure.
Still plan to level other cleric builds later as well though.

Sadhu could use a small buff yeah, or at least OoB and sadhu3 could.

I never had issues with the cd reduction either, but there’s a good amount of reports from people who do. May be ping related.

What about accuracy for pvp? If I go at max lever 200str 80con and rest for dex with a monk c2/diev2, or would it better 150dex 80con and rest dex?

What do you think about monks?

I’m making High Dex monk and can’t deside which skill to “max” out of 3:

Hand Knife (to utilize Deprotected Zone + Hand Knife explosive combo) , Palm Strike (because huge AoE attack ratio and quite nice damage) or God Finger Flick (not sure how it works though, but damage looks nice).

But if Finger Flick is single target only it’s not worth investing points into it at all.

I’m afraid i don’t know the exact ratio you’d want for pvp. But a higher focus in dex ensures you can dodge and hit more at the same time. Str misses more vs dex heavy enemies but deals more dmg, esp on crits.

Better ask in a new cleric thread, or hope someone else sees it here.

@Derael
Monks are quite nice, but i’d wish it’s iron skin/golden bell skills were better. It feels a bit lacking defensively compared to other cleric builds.

You are using energy blast as well right?

God finger flick should be single target, based on: https://youtu.be/ZIkM9Akfe98?t=5m4s

It can shine if enemies are kiting a lot, but one inch/double punch are far better if you can close the gap more often.

Yeah, I’m focusing on one inch/double punch. Was thinking to drop energy blast because it’s cd is long and it’s not really well fits my playstyle, but it’s still too good to drop.

So I have to choose between 3 remaining offensive skills which one to level up to 6-9. I’m planning to leave Stone Skin/Golden Bell for super rare emergency situations because cd kicks me in the face, so investing more is pointless.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask since there was an aversion to mentioning such builds in the original post, but…which skills and stats would be recommended if I want to play a more solo-oriented version of this build?

I heard that Chaplain can solo quite well, so I’m looking for something like that.

I heard that 4 INT:2 SPR:1 CON or 4 INT:2 CON:1 SPR are the best ways to go.

If you want the same class then something like:
Or for a less group friendly variant you could replace cleric2 with krivis for a maxed zaibas, danio and a few points in the remaining for incinerate scaling.

You could try and grab exorcise + magnus as well with a int focus, but they’re quite annoying to use well. Up to you really.

And those ratios look fine.

Much thanks. Wanted to try out the class for a while, but it took some time to figure out which path I should take.

Will probably skip out on Exorcism + Magnus too.

Um, hello guys, i’m abit lost with cleric development after the CBT2 and would ask some question, if you guys are willing to answer and also pardon me for my english it’s not my primary language.

i played Cleric2 | Krivis | Paladin before, and totally burned out with Cleric2. Leveling is a total hell without DPS skill until i gave up and take Krivis circle.
Now i’m seeing so many build with c2 cleric, is it become mandatory now?
If it’s mandatory can someone please provide me some explanation?

Cleric2 | Dievdirbys1 | Paladin3 | Plague Doctor.

I’m planning to follow that build but a little bit alteration.

Cleric | Priest 2 | Paladin3 | Plague Doctor.

Is this build viable?
If yes, what’s the downside of not taking Diev compare to Priest?
Does Priest’s skill have synergy with Plague Doctor’s?

Thank you for taking your time to answer my question.

After icbt2 heal and mass heal got nerfed:
Heal now places 1 tile per level, but heals 5% max health per tile instead of 10%.
Mass heal got it’s value halved as well, so now lvl 10 is a 28% heal.

We know cleric2 can heal in earth tower (current most difficult content) well enough for most groups to succeed. If they bring daino scrolls ofc.

I’d say no, it lacks healing tbh.

If you want to go a str paladin then build of:
Cleric2/Dievdirby/Paladin3 or priest1 instead of diev.

I see so i take it, the nerf bat hit cleric and priest so hard that both circle heal is not sufficient for earth tower.

Thank you for your explanation, guess i must endure the hardships of cleric2 again :joy: :joy:

You can always get some DPS circles and go back for cleric later. Most chaplain builds rush chaplain and go back for the second rank of cleric later, so feel free to do the same, most content while leveling isn’t that healing intensive anyways.

For a int build, is cleric2>bokor2>diev2>PD good?

Yep, mostly in pve and 2vs2 pvp though. Since hexing/effigy/incinerate tend to be resisted by larger parties due to bloodletting.

Is kabbalist better for rank 7 in this case? Or would my damage fall off endgame with mostly hexing+effigy and owls for overall damage?