Tree of Savior Forum

Preliminary beginners guide to Clerics

I’m thinking of going one of two PVP oriented builds for Cleric:

Cleric 2 > Dievdirbys 3 > Druid 1 > Plague Doctor

Cleric 2 > Priest 3 > Chaplain > Plague Doctor

How viable are Dievdirbys statues in PVP? I know they can be destroyed but I’d like to hear an expert’s opinion on them before I judge. I’m leaning towards the Dievdirbys build now because of how interesting it looks, but if it means gimping myself then I’d rather become a block bot.

Also, what stat distribution ratio would you recommend? You mentioned earlier that CON is great in PVP. From what I see, most skills in both builds don’t scale/scale terribly with INT (especially Heal) so am I missing out on anything by going a full CON build? I did mention PVP oriented but I would like to do PVE if possible as well.

Thanks, and awesome guide btw!

I’ve been looking so much, where are you guys getting that aspersion scales with INT, all I see on the tooltip is that it scales with SPR. Thanks!

It is a magic attack, and all magic attacks scale with INT.

Need to do some testing on carve owl first, magic def may be a bit to strong atm.

But basically in pvp diev3 mostly revolves around carve owl, which is able to block 140 hits which should be more then enough for it to last quite a bit.
Otherwise statues will go down to easily when enemies focus on them, though i suspect they will ignore most when they have a plague doctor. (prevents the slow and silence)

For pve it’s a lot better ofc.

The chaplain variant still has the issue of buff limits in pvp, but otherwise it’s still a good option. And it can also build itself far sturdier.

Statwise:
The diev variant is better with a good chunk of int, to ensure it can kill enemies quicker. And it’s not as sturdy anyway.
But chaplain can pretty much take any con/spr/int combo.

If you do want to mix it up then imo go something akin to half con half int, maybe reserve a bit for spr as well to prevent mana issues.

Is Ausrine useful at all in PVP? I like Dievdirbys for their utility, but if they’re purely about Owl statues then they really lose their appeal for me.

Which build (Priest 3, Diev 3) would you recommend for PVP then? What are their weaknesses and strengths?

Thank you for committing to this. Do you know if Druid can use Sterea Trofh to protect their statues (silence tree) in PvP?

For now i’d recommend priest3.

And Ausrine is kind of nice, if you can get it to give you the invuln. But that’s a very big if, especially with all the knockbacks and damage there is in pvp.

@Crow_mw:
Don’t know that yet, but i’m making a cleric2/diev3/druid2 build atm so i will find out.

1 Like

I feel like Ausrine is the most reliable statue of all, and what makes Diev a really strong class for c3. I think you can always carve the statue at the very beggining of the round, always granting atleast once the buff for your team. Pvp matches don’t seem to last for too long, 18seconds is a alot of time!!

So I never played the betas before, and just starting my research.
I see that Paladin/Monk are not interchangable usually.
Can someone tell me what’s the difference between Paladin and Monk builds?

Which way I should go for my playstyle? I don’t mind parties but I expect to be alone a good amount of the time and prefer to be on the offensive, and I like being able to heal and such so I know I prefer cleric more than the other 3 classes. Or should I check something else other than Paladin or Monk?

True, it’s a nice starting boost. I just wish it was easier to use mid battle…
Esp with the silence and slow being so useless due to bloodletting atm.

On a unrelated note; Laima reduces the cd of all skills used within it’s range by 20% and does not affect itself unless you recast in it’s area of effect.

@acolyte:
Paladin is very good pve support with phys dmg, but isn’t good in pvp.
Monk is far more dmg oriented and performs quite well in pvp.

Monks and paladins do take up similar circles, and while paladin3 is best monks can be run as monk2 decently. So mostly just to little space.

Aside of that maybe a paladin can benefit from 1 rank of monk, since they tend to lack dmg. But i’m not sure how good such a build is.

If you don’t mind skipping pvp entirely on that char i’d go with a cleric2/diev/paladin3 build. It offers quite good support but dmg is a bit meager.

Otherwise go monk if you wanna pvp/gvg.

Oh thanks, that’s a good starting point me to consider.
I liked monk when I was in iRO but Paladin gave me a different impression here than iRO so I thought I shouldn’t discount that.

Thanks for the advice guys! Now that I know Ausrine works, I’ll stick with Dievdirbys and go for a 4:1 INT:CON build. Thought it was prone to getting dispelled or something -_-

Tfw Bloodletting breaks the PvP of the game

Why are there so many complaints about bloodletting but not with prophecy? Did a bunch of CC skills get upgraded to rank 2?

1 Like

Hey guys! I started an Archer yesterday, but have come to the conclusion that what I want is a Druid after all (I usually end up here lol) so I was wondering:

1. I have started on a Cleric c2, Krivis c1, Sadhu c2, Druid c2. Is this a decent build in general?

2. What build would you guys suggest? I want the focus to be Druid so Druid c2 for sure, other than that I am open to suggestions (although I will say I would love to skip Cleric c2 lol).

3. Is there a specific build that might be considered bad right now, but that is full focus on shapeshifting/transforming? What would you suggest for this (maybe setting it up for the future as well?)

Thanks in advance!

Forgot that silence was a rank1 debuff. Prophecy then also counts for this scenario.

1. Sure, can be a bit annoying to level though since OoB/Possession are easily interrupted. But it’s got enough skills to scale dmg with.

2. Bokor/sadhu/krivis/dievdirby all seem very good options with druid and cleric2. (And yes you need cleric2 to heal properly.)

3. transforming/shape-shifting is simply in a really bad spot. The only uses i’ve seen were from the oracle change exploit. One is a outright permanent invuln, and the other is simply a speed boost. Nothing worth building around.

Okay thanks, I guess I will just have to wait for transformation to be buffed before trying to make a build for it.

As for other options than the one I am already making, do you have a good build with Druid c2? Since you mention the one I have might be annoying to level due to OoB being easily interrupted. Like what would you do?

Sadhu will always have that issue to some extent, druid2’s sterea trofh really helps to prevent it but obviously that just take time to get to.

And i’m not quite sure which of those builds i’d recommend over others atm, i need to test their performance a bit more first.

I mostly want to test how good a r1 bokor is, that could enable some interesting builds.

And ofc i’m working on a diev3/druid2 build atm, i’ll report back later as to how i like it. (currently at diev1 only.)

1 Like

After killing time at work reading builds (lol) I decided that I’ll go monk for now.
I’m planning to solo a lot and duet with my wizard friend now and then.
Looks like my fallback safe choice would be Priest3/Monk2 + Monk3/PD.
Is Priest2/Paladin2/Monk2 not worth it? Is that a jack of all trades master of none?
Why are there so many Diev builds? something that looked interesting to me is cleric2/diev2/monk2/plague doctor - is this good or just for fun? Is this for parties instead of solo?