Tree of Savior Forum

Preliminary beginners guide to Clerics

No, from what i heard paladins players can barely land a hit due to smite’s charge time and lack of cc.

Hmm is it a trade off like it hits too much, so it had to be hard to land? Or is it just a flat out useless skill?

Not even that, it’s only good dmg vs demons and mutants.
Barrier also doesn’t prevent access in pvp atm, but that sounds more like a bug.

Tbh paladin is pretty much pve only atm.

Oh not good to hear that :frowning:

What would you recommend to go for as a support for a party of wizards mostly? It seems to me that something like Dievdirbys+Sadhu should be viable.

Can someone confirm “Safety Zone: Increased Range” attribute working?

It doesn’t working for me and I’m in the feeling that I’m horribly missing something.

Chaplain, dievdirby3, paladin3 or kabbalist likely. The first 3 are good defensively and the last 3 help out with sp recovery.
Assuming it is for pve ofc, only priest3 is good defense for pvp.

@Skaffa:
It was a very tiny range upgrade during icbt2 at least.

1 Like

Aah yes ive noticed. But this might me early April 1 joke because this upgrade doesn’t worth a thing

Hi, I just started playing, trying to create a Paladin. I just found this thread (forum was dead all day long), and I see that you suggest STR as a main stat for Paladins. May I ask why? I’ve already started building int though (not to mention that I took Krivis c2 and not a cleric). Speaking of which, can I reset these?

Answered part of that just a few posts above:

Ow and crit chance is tied to player level it would seem, where as str keeps scaling upwards and gets a +10% stat bonus per additional class rank.

Resets:
-There are no class resets
-There are stat resets, but they cost real life money.

Better just to keep that krivis as a int build instead.
Str based paladins don’t benefit from krivis enough anyway.

And i’m still not sure if int paladins are even viable, need to see them in action before i’ll recommend them.

I’ve got the $50 pack so I do have a skill reset potion I think. Doesn’t that reset class as well?

1 Like

Nope, just skill points.

So, what would you suggest so that my char doesnt turn out to be a total garbage? i have 28 int currently, I’m assuming that’s not that high, so I could still go STR i suppose. Would that 1 krivis instead of c2 cleric hurt badly?

For a paladin build yes it would be worse.
Cleric2 or priest3 is pretty much mandatory to heal properly.

And you’re relatively low lvl anyway, either design it to be a full int build or simply create a new char.

Hi. I started playing a cleric and and am very interested in making an hybrid dps/support INT based.

These are the classes I have decided on:

1. cleric C2 > diev C3 > druid(still thinking about it) > PD
  2. cleric C2 > diev C2 > krivis C2 > PD

My question is are 2 ranks krivis better than 3rd rank diev + druid? I’ve played krivis in CB and zaibas was very good dmg while lvling, but perhaps owls lvl 10 and carnivory are better in the long run?

Buff/debuff - wise is diev C2 plus krivis C2 better than diev C3?

Is there something better than druid for the 1st build, since only carnivory seems good. Shape shifting doesn’t seem very useful unless going for druid C2 and telepath seems good only for pvp or not?

So, then again, any suggestions? Would this be any good in pvp now? To be honest I dont really want to start over as all the bonuses from early access are on this char already.

Can still turn it into a chaplain krivis variant or generic spellcaster, both do alright in pvp and pve.

@Spiral:
I assume the zaibas double int scaling is also true, so zaibas should compete with it dmg wise if not surpass it.

But diev is simply more defensive imo.
Though diev+druid should get the +20% bonus dmg vs plants if you use a hammer, which isn’t half bad either.

Debuff/buff wise you really can’t beat dievdirby. A krivis’s daino is nice but it won’t save you from dying either.

And you can consider pardoner for discern evil + incinerate, but druid should be your best option.

Thanks mate, i’ll look into that!

edit: Uh, one more question: Should i go full int? Should i just ignore everything else, or should i put some points on con as well?

Thank you for the reply. I’ll stick with diev c3 into druid for now. By the time I get to rank 5 and 6 perhaps things might change.

What about divine might? Saw on the forum some say to max it, others that it’s not worth it at all for just 1extra skill lvl. Is it useful at lvl 2 or 3?

It’d say max it tbh.

And yeah it’s somewhat of a small boost. But it’s still party wide and one of the few ways to improve skill levels.