Tree of Savior Forum

Preliminary beginners guide to Clerics

Keep in mind monk 2 & 3 should still be quite good for pvp.
One inch punch can spread it’s dot via breaking wheel, same for palm strike.
Not sure about God Finger Flick’s debuff.

But for pve energy blast deals less dmg then double punch spam due to the charge time. It’s neat if you charge it in between fights or use it’s large aoe to your advantage.
But it’s not a must have.

@alexandrious2001

Weapon wise:

Prior to 170: any Wizard blade/Blunt of your liking.
After 170: Catacombs mace.
After 315: https://youtu.be/1_Jby83ZqS0?t=2m55s

And keep in mind the new dungeons should have 320 fire dmg arde dagger replacement. But also some high con shields that are really nice.
Skip Karacha/Venom imo, too expensive.

1 Like

Since the tao topic isn’t too active, I hope someone can help me here. How effective could a taoist without krivis be? The storm calling/zaibas combo is great and everything, but surely tao can’t be that much of a one trick pony? I know this will likely be suboptimal for r8 (though who knows what the next rank would bring), but how much would i really lose?

People roll Wiz3 for 50% skill damage the same as roll Taoist for 500% Zaibas damage so with out Krivis PD/Inq are better choice.

A lot less.

Party-wise taoist still has potential due to the Enchant Lightning + Storm Calling combo. (See: https://youtu.be/PUBuUwBORsM)

And of course the krivis3 + taoist build is insanely good dmg wise.

But aside of that Taoist isn’t so amazing. Mostly due to the 500 silver cost per charm. (And some skills require several) And in general due to a lack of synergy.

Arguably for pvp it’s not so bad due to its spike dmg potential. But even that isn’t very amazing.

Support wise it’s as lack luster as it gets tbh:

• Dark Sight is rather lackluster. A magic circle fade is quite nice but it vanishes whenever you attack and have to run back in.
    For pvp it can help cover up harmful areas of effect at least.

• Three Elements bonus to elemental res is meaningless since it’s nigh impossible to get a good amount of elemental property resistance to begin with.

Damage wise:

• Begone Demon and the charms dmg is quite high, but most only hit once or thrice. For pve that simply is too little for too high a cost.

• Storm Calling’s offensive buffs are very good obviously. +50% melee dmg and x5 lightning damage is insane.
    But all physical dmg builds need r8 very badly already, so even a str route is not optimal. (Druid3/Inquisitor are tons better)
    And the only decent source of lightning dmg is of course krivis for clerics.
    Also has a short duration with longer cd, and since charms are objects neither miko or melstis can extend it. (Should be at least.)

• Energy Wave is quite good, especially versus bosses. But it;'s slow movement and linear path along with 4 hits per skill level make it hard to use in general pve and pvp.

tl/dr:

Taoist is pretty much a one trick pony for storm calling. The end.

Might not be so bad on a chaplain/taoist build. If you can team up with enchanters that is. But that’s about it.

Hi guys! I’m pretty new in ToS. Still learning the game and I’m not really sure how to build or what path I should take with my cleric. Any suggestions? Much appreciated if anyone can help me please. Thank you~

Imo look at the videos first at Rank 8 Gameplay Videos from Korea - (closing soon) 's cleric section.

Then pick one of these imo:
-A monk or paladin to inquisitor is a solid physical build.
-A krivis/taoist is a solid magic dmg build.
-A druid3 if you like shapeshifting.
-Or a bokor/pd2 build for a well rounded dmg + support build. Excellent to solo with as well.

Isn’t it sad, Sacchin ;_; Looking at the bright side, at least I got a fitting name for my new cleric.

Thanks anyway. I really wanted to include a diev in my build, but I guess my first five ranks are really decided then, since I still like taoist more than the few other good r8 options. Unless I take some crazy build like cleric1>krivis3>diev3>tao.

Moving on, how would a combination of oracle+kabbalist compare to the popular druid2? Unless it’s a terrible idea, I think to go with it, since I’d want druid for that diev3 build that I’ll so certainly make one day, ahaha.

Oracle + Kabbalist is quite good, normally that combo’s only flaws are buff count & a lack of dmg. But for a kriv/taoist build neither is an issue.
Though having a res would be quite nice if you wanted to try et with such a build.

You’d lack sterea trofh (15s/30scd aoe invuln) and miss out on various transformation stat boosts. (60% less dmg for zaibas or so, no +100% health or the optional +200% evasion/+150% health from size.)

But you can pick any r9 class you want instead. Which can work out in your favor. Or not… Bit hard to tell for now.
And you wouldn’t have to worry about transformations overriding your costume.

Thanks, now I’m relieved.

I wonder if r9 would make a one trick elephant druid3/taoist viable.

Yo cleric community!

I was wondering, considering rank 8, which builds can actually solo Crystal mines easier/faster and with lower costs? I need to build a char for farming ores and I’d want to make a cleric for it (only “rank 8 ready” base class I miss at high level right now).

I’m inclined to make a physical druid 3 for it (just cause I find that lycan transform cool as fuck) but i’d actually like to hear logic reasoning before.:relaxed:

I’m thinking of going for pala > inquisitor.
Cleric >cleric > priest or Dievs > paladin > paladin>paladin > monk > inquisitor
with CON and DEX stats? or with str too?
yea or nah? Thanks for your reply btw.

Thanks @Wurmheart . Finally got to Chaplain, doing so much dmg now specially with 280 int. Though am kinda regretting not going the Pala > Inquisitor but at least this build can fully solo and be accepted into ET 20 parties, and future highly difficult content. Probably can solo Crystal mines too.

Regretting since I always love paladin in mmos and like being physical based. But yea. I cant have everything.

Though, perhaps I can level both character types. Id just have to swap the compatible gear/weapons and the enchanted accessories I guess. Tbh if Palaquisitor would be wanted in super endgame id be playing that as my main instead.

Any pd2 build is easy and cheap.
A kriv/tao is also quite quick but has less profit due to needing to use talismans for every storm calling. (1k silver each cast iirc.)

A phys dmg druid (with monk1) should be relatively good as well, but int druids are a lot slower. And if you want to focus on lycanthrophy you’ll need to spam sp potions.

@Kimochi:
Ignore str for now, focus on 50-100 con and rest into dex.
Even with monstrance you should hit just below the crit cap. Though good gear can let you go over the cap. (but you can also pick different gems/cards instead at that point.)

1 more question, if I go for pala > inquis what would be the best armour and weapon?

God Smash deals more dmg with blunts, so you’d end up with a min-max r8 hammer weapon wise.

(Edit: Toy Hammer got nerfed too much for paladins to still use imo. Monks can at least use it while leveling.)

Armor wise it’s a bit more complicated:

Either you put elemental dmg property as a secondary priority and focus on physical defense/health and grab the best plate you can find. (Virtov for now, but we still get some more aside of solmiki)
And try to get elemental property on costumes ofc.

Or you can try to aim for the most amount of elemental property gear without sacrificing to much health/defenses.

Total list as I know it atm:

fire = arde dagger, karacha dagger, lionhead dagger, drake leather gauntlets & pyrolight pendant.
Ice = Cryolight pendant, Ledas shield or at least two pieces of a virtov set.
Poison = Otrava Shield, Venom, Ravinepede boots, Vine Gloves or Poison Bangle.
Lightning = Roxona Gloves or Electus.
Earth = 3 Pieces of a lolopanther set or a lolopanther weapon.

So something akin to:

• Lionhead dagger, Poison bangle, Roxona Gloves and the rest virtov plate.
    Swap out poison bangle for phada or a high con bracelet if you want.

Necklace = max petamion.
Bracelet = Phada/Gladiator Band/Sissel/10con+ bracy.

Thanks for all the info on this thread! Krivis, Druid, Taoist is the build that appeals to me the most! :smiley:

yo! :3

I’m building a thinggggie~~~ you helped me before and here I be again
I am at : Cleric-cleric-krivis-pala3-x-x

what are your suggestions for my 7 & 8? I was thinking of kabba and taoist, but PD(@7) could also work, so ehhh, what do you think? I gently appreciate your help :octopus:

Unlikely to be good news…
But what stat build did you use?

If spr:
Grab pardoner, make scrolls. Then build a new char.
[Krivis’s Zalciai is about to get nerfed in r8, no more negative crit res.]

If int:
PD2 is pretty darn good, even on a paladin base.
But priest is ideal as r3 due to blessing + res for that atm.
[Taoist needs krivis3 to shine.]

If str:
Str is now overtaken by full dex due to transcendency + inquisitor’s high base dmg.

If dex:
You’ll want a r8 inquisitor.
But for r7 you can pick miko, oracle, kabbalist, pd or even monk1.

I’m using an Int/con build, tought krivis1 would be good enough for Tao :<

I like this build so far XD

Buut I don’t like inquisitor up till now, so I’m avoiding taking it unless it’s necessary for my build to not be a potato. Useless potato no Bueno :frowning:

Taoist is pretty much a one trick pony as I explained a few posts above.
It’s energy wave is quite good vs bosses and occasionally in pvp, but that’s about it.

Mobs on r8 have around 300k health on average and are starting to have quite high magic defense.
You’ll want all the dmg you can get, for a taoist that means krivis3 is a must.

PD2 is your only option to deal decent damage, but you’ll basically have r3 as a dead rank.
Or you can still turn it into a pardoner paladin, stats don’t matter to much for that.

Inquisitor needs dex anyway, so I wouldn’t count it as an option.