Tree of Savior Forum

Preliminary beginners guide to Clerics

You are rly too biased with this. I know some ppl who regret taking up chaplain…

Capella is a good thing…but firstly it is not as reliable as it seems on paper…secondly your priest3 won’t turn into trash just because your SS has some cooldown…

I think you see more in Chaplain than it offers and less in Priest3 than it offers… You get the main skills like Blessing/Mass Heal/Res/Revive etc. from Priest3 already…

Chaplain is just a nice addition to it… but I think you are free to choose other classes too that can complement your build and be a nice addition to it. I rly don’t think Chaplain is mandantory.

Any and all arguments against chaplain i have seen so far are based solely on subjective experiences that do not affect it’s combat prowess.

They can dislike it all they want, they can find it boring all they want. At the end of the day it has objective merit that cannot be gotten in other ranks or class combo’s which makes it stand out on top of other priest3 builds.

And let me regurgitate the painfully obvious:

Advice is about telling people what’s objectively the best case scenario when it comes to gaming. The second i start to appease emotions is the second i have to recommend builds i know are horrible.

And that, i simply refuse to do. and i’d really wish more people here did the same.
But apparently being helpful is not high on their priority list.

2 Likes

You take it too personally against chaplains lol… I’m a chaplain myself and I love it. As I said I don’t think it is mandantory. You won’t be much worse if you don’t take it and get other stuff in return.

Also chaplain is not a full support and never will be. If you want a full support char then think about it twice if you rly want chaplain just for Capella.

If somebody would want to make an Oracle3-Priest full support… I’m rly not sure if there is room for Chaplain.

Chaplain is just an option for Priest3, it is not mandatory to take it. And by all means, it is not the superior choice.

You must be Priest3 to even have this option, but does this mean every Priest3 is better off being Chap?

Oracle3 has been mentioned, combined with the mandatory Cleric2, it has no room for Chaplain. And for my own build, I would not want to miss Daino/Zaiciai or Healing Factor/Bloodletting just to have a class that is inferior.

1 Like

i was originally planning with Cleric 2 > Diev 2> Monk 3 > Inquisitor
but Monk seem to be little bit boring for me
i found the possibility of Cleric 2 > Diev 3 > Druid 2 > Inquisitor
but then wouldnt this build will be AAing heavily? since both Diev and Druid have limited atk skill, and both owl and carnivory have relatively long CD

You will still spend a fair amount of time auto attacking yes.

But keep in mind you have carve attack that helps quite nicely as well. Owl has a very long cd so it’s not of to much help while leveling but carnivory isn’t that bad cd wise.

And if you play druid2 after the rank 8 update you should be able to use some str/dex transformations to help speed up the grind. ( druid link )

anybody has owl statue with like 80% attribute and can say what damage it does?

I got the feeling teh damage will drop off big time in later level. Or does it scale with something.

Ok, so heres my problem. I was following an older build on here, capped at R7. I haven’t played in quite some time, but i’m only 38 and wondering if its possible to salvage it or not.

Thats the class build I was going for, Cleric 2, Diev 1, Paladin 3, Oracle 1

It was a str/dex build, though the page only shows the skills, not the stats. As it stands right now, i don’t know what changes have come in, but before I didn’t have much issue w/survivability or anything like that and now i’m barely handling Tenet Floor 2.

Current stats are Str 41, Con 10, Int 4, Spr 15 and Dex 10.
Current skills are: Heal 10, Cure, 1, Safety 5, Deprotection 4, Divine Might 5, Fade 3

A little help would be appreciated.

Incredibly easy to salvage.
Check under the 1st post inquisitor section, it lists the variations I’d recommend.

Class-wise it’s fine, but you can pick different r3 or r7 if you want.

For r3:

• Dievdirby is mostly about carve + laima. Really nice combo to have.
  • Priest adds a res and a bit of dmg via blessing.

For r7:

• Oracle shines in pvp as magic dmg prevention + condi prevention.
  • PD has a strong 1 man heal.
  • Kabba can reflect dmg and improve max health.

Stats-wise:
That small amount used won’t matter, put 60-100 into con and rest into dex.

Skill point wise:
Your early points are fine, but for the rest go with:

Excellent, I just hit job 15, so thanks for the response!

I see a few things changed on both Pal/Diev then, and I shall follow along that. I was hoping there was salvage value w/o having to resort to drastic measures, I suppose I really should claim my EA Package, heh.

If i luck out and play with the group i’m with enough, i’ll have a blesser, so no need for that. If i can keep along w/it this time, i’ll let you know how my salvage project works out.

What about a build utilizing paladin and chaplain? Doesn’t going into on it along with spring and con mesh well for a good meta build somehow?

Hello guys, before anything else just wanted to say thanks for this great up-to-date guide on clerics (R8).

I’ve gotten back to the game recently and decided to try out a physical cleric this time (especially Monk, since they used to be so bashed at the start of OBT). I’m interested in three builds talked about by the OP’s guide:

i) Cleric 2 - Diev - Priest - Monk 3 - Inquisitor

ii) Cleric 2 - Diev - Paladin 3 - Monk - Inquisitor

iii) Cleric 2 - Diev - Priest - Monk - Druid 2 - Inquisitor (btw why not go for Druid 3 - Lycan - here?)

With the changes to druid’s transform allowing other skills usage, how strong would be getting a large beast transformation for the extra HP and crit rate? I mean in theory it could pretty much make your melee cleric have really high HP, crit rate (and evasion due to the DEX building) covering both your dmg dealing and mitigation areas. We could potentially even talk about decreasing DEX here in case it goes over the roof cap, in favor of extra CON or even STR.

So, which one do you guys think could provide the most sustained DPS in the usual PvE ambiance (newer Dungeons in group context and old dungeons/missions on a solo farming context)?

PS.: Not exactly worried about ET itself, but if somehow either build is viable that’d be a plus I suppose.

Well, Chaplain takes 5 ranks to get to it (cleric - priest 3 - chaplain). If you were get paladin as well, you’d need to spend up to rank 8 so you could get it to its useful circle 3, and by doing that you’d miss out pretty much all the better rank 6-7-8 options out there.

So whats the alternatives for a Melee built Cleric? Is Chaplain just no good anymore spite its melee damage holy buff that scales with Int thus no need to use points into Dex?

Or is that Cleric 2, Priest 1, Paladin 3, PD and Inquisitor build good? Thing is, Str and Int gets bonus’s but these Dex builds dont use either, doesnt it become a waste?

What about CI2 Diev1 Palla3 Monk and Inquisitor?

Well, after Cleric - Priest 3 - Chaplain, you have all the magic based classes available.

For a purely offensive Melee Chaplain, you could go any Druid/Plague doctor combination. Those classes would basically add magic attack-based dot damage (carnivory from druid and incineration/vapours from PD) to your Chaplain while you strike them with your mace.

All in all though, having cleric 2 is usually very welcome to pretty much all builds.

Also, keep in mind chaplain brings way too many debuffs into play, so having either Daino scrolls available or some Krivis ranks is always a good pick.

OP suggests the following build: [SPR/INT] Cleric 2 | Priest 3 | Chaplain | Plague Doctor 2

I see, so this build would basically take advantage of the SPR and INT, the INT adding damage to the Chaplains Auto attacks, as well as a boost to the cleric and priest heals, and of course, it bolsters the attacks from Plague doctor. Would the build be more useful than the C2, P1, Paladin 3, Monk Inquisitor build? Im sure that particular Str/Dex/Con build would outdamage the magic based build? Im basically PVE oriented until PVP gets drastically fixed, so I do need a build that can get me into endgame PVEing.

From my point of view, Inquisitor builds go about a very bursty kind of damage approach, with rather long cool downs (30 seconds for God Smash, 50 sec for Breaking Wheel). I can’t say much here though since I myself have no real experience with cleric physical builds…

Meanwhile, by R7, the casters on cleric tree specialize on doing damage over time more than burst. Chaplain has constant damage from autos, cleric’s heal gives out a lot of holy hits, druid’s carnivory has a very intense single target DOT (gets weaker the more enemies it’s hitting since it has a hit count limit), while PD’s incinerate burns out the enemies HP. All of these skill have quite small downtimes on a proper rotation. By going PD2 at rank 8, you basically reinforce your incineration damage, by increasing it’s duration and base damage, while getting a new DOT (vapours) and increasing your AoE potential.

I’d say it depends on the type o encounter you’re getting yourself into. The longer the fight, the stronger these magic based classes get.

I see, so it falls down to sustained vs Burst dmg, though, the combination for the burst damage has less supportive use than the combo with sustained. Hmm…

Paladin can no longer be run as an spr variant IMO.
Zalciai was the main reason it could go spr, and that no longer scales over 200 due to the 0 crit res now being the min cap in ktos.

Likewise paladin+inqui relies on the god smash + conviction combo which can reach 75k crits.
Str can’t compete with such high dmg, and in general is a lot worse nowadays due to the higher base dmg and transcendence.

And there is just no synergy atm with chaplain and other melee classes, though there may be some we don’t know of yet with inquisitor.

And rank wise it’s far to tigh.

IMO if you want to go paladin, then go paladin with dex and inquisitor. And yes it is quite good for a paladin build.

Chaplain can be run as int & int/spr quite well atm. But won’t be pure melee.
Closest “melee” chaplain would need taoist to boost team damage alongside an enchanter party member to be worth it damage wise. (Though it’s a bit more debuff + melee.)

Ow and for any chaplain+druid combo keep in mind you shouldn’t be able to be transformed and auto attack at the same time. That and it lacking a ton of dmg.

@yurichalps:

The worth of druid2/3 is a bit uncertain at the moment.
And you are right a druid3 build can do quite well. I still need to add in a diev/priest variant. No idea what r5 to recommend for it though…

Don’t get me wrong, their defensive worth is unrivaled. But low damage and possibly missing out on inquisitor3 or other r8-10 class combo’s could be major downsides.

Druid2/Inquisitor:

• Still reaches amazing max health or evasion alongside crit rate.
  • Possibly the best build if inquisitor3 or any combination with inquisitor 1/2 turns out to be quite strong.
  • Has the least dmg of the physical builds for now, and by a decent margin.
  • Won’t be the best class path if Inqui1 turns out to be not to important compared to the r9-10 options.

Druid3:

• Godlike stats in terms of health, evasion and crit rate.
  • Evasion builds can outpace accuracy by a huge margin, hitting the 85% evasion cap should be easy for part dex builds.
  • Hengestone doubles health, phys attack and the druid attribute bonus.
  • Has so much evasion and crit rate it can go 1:1 str:dex and still get close to the crit cap in PvE.
    ~ Has quite good dmg, but far less burst & aoe damage then both the monk & paladin inquisitor builds have.
    ~ May benefit more of full str depending on the r9-10 classes. Unlikely but still possible. (Full dex is amazing for PVP, hybrid is a guaranteed win for pve.)
  • Misses out on Inquisitor3 and possible decent inquisitor1/2 + r9/10 combos.
  • Lycanthropy does not offer the health or evasion bonus from size attributes. (is rumored to grant the crit rate though.) So while using it you’re a bit squishier than usual.

Both transformation wise have 3 ideal transformations:

• Small Panto. (Small Beast with +50% crit rate + 100% evasion and a speed boost. 100% cr / 200% eva for druid3. )
  • Desert Chupacabra. (Small Beast with +50% crit rate + 100% evasion and a self heal. 100% cr / 200% eva for druid3.)
  • Outer World Large Panto Spearman. (Large Beast with +50% crit rate +75% health and multi hit armor break skills. 100% cr / 150% hp for druid.)

I’m much of fonder of druid3 to be honest. On account of it being better atm and those huge stat boosts. Should still be solid for r9-10.
However, I fully expect Stonehenge to get nerfed on account of it being this good.

And keep in mind paladin inquisitors should do a lot more dmg atm.
Monk shouldn’t be to much of a dmg difference tbh.

1 Like

So your suggesting. Cleric 2, Priest 1, Pld 3, monk, Inquisitor with Im guessing, 110 con, 40-50 spr, 280+ dex?

Pretty much, I want a excellent build I can pursue that Id be able to do endgame with PVE-wise. I do prefer melee combat, but im willing to work in whatever it needs, I do like the Aesthetics of Paladin and Inquisitors though.