Tree of Savior Forum

Preliminary beginners guide to Clerics

and 2:1 with dex:str? Hm alright. Im gonna have to reroll if I decide to play again but yea, can do.

No strength needed anymore. Pure dex basically.

Cool, keeps it simple.

Whats the preferred 1handers? Toy Hammer still?

Thanks for the reply, it was very detailed.

Truthfully, Iā€™m not much into Paladin. I find pretty much its whole skill set to be quite meh (smite bursts always needing conviction to do any damage, with lots of not very nice buffs yadah yadah). At least Goā€™d smsh getting double damsge from conviction made the class playable. Thatā€™s why I was more inclined to try and make it work with monks hehe.

I actually share your fondness towards druid as well, the Druid 2/Inquisitor and Physical build Lycan (Druid3) as they are now seem very reliable no matter what comes next. I mean, they bring about multipliers for important stats weā€™ll probably always have to keep worrying about (crit rate, HP, evasion).

Argh, guess Iā€™ll lay low and wait a bit before I make this physical cleric then to see if any nerfs/fix are coming its way.

Thanks again for your time :grin:

Not toy hammer, that was used due to its str scaling.

When you reach inquisitor simply grab the highest phys dmg blunt you can get your hands on. Catacombs/magus are both good picks for it.

Prior to inquisitor you can use swords as well, but thatā€™s up to you.

@yurichalps:
No problem.

Hm. Im looking at the C2, P1, Pally 3, PD and Inquis combo. What do you think of Monk vs PD in that combonation? Thing is I like PD due to the status immunity abilities, but Monk has more damage. What do you think Wurm?

2x 70k crits is fun, but whats that going ot do on a group of 400k hp targets?

The wheel is nice and all of inquistor, but its on a 50 sec cooldown, which is way to long to be used to aoe clear stuff effectively with, 22 sec of linker is already to long.

So basically what will you do in the meantime?, stand there do nothing? or try to auto attack and do a bit of damage on a few monsters that push you back 24/7, ( from what i hear in the new content ).

Seems kinda crappy all around to me.

But their are other attacks that can be utilized in a rotation though?

Similar to your build.
Rotation without monk filler punch will be different.

Vs boss

Vs mobs:

What build is this?
/20char

Cler2 Krivis1 Pala3 Monk1 -inquisitor.
He has around 130 spr to reduce most enemy crit resist to 0 with zalciai.
His stats and skillbuild are shown in second vid.

Cler2 : notice Divine Might on skillbar
Kriv1 : zalciai on skillbar
Pala3: conviction and barrier
Monk1 : double punch, handknife
Inquis : obvious

I forgot, doesnt having a really high dex circumvent the crit resist anyway? And I guess the downside of it would be no Resurrection, unless you can skill scroll that.

Yes, with priest1 you wonā€™t need SPR, just dex & monstrance, and you will get ress.

Kriv1 would be daino, aukuras accuracy debuff & quicker debuff timer. Zalciai requires SPR, and zalciai has been nerfed.

Monk builds need low/decent ping to spam double punch faster.
Cleric classes which are especially bad on high ping are monk (double punch), and bokor (effigy spam speed is ping dependent too).
For KToS, ping is less of an issue.

Rotation is more or less:

At start:

• Breaking Wheel > Conviction > 3x God Smash.
  • If targets are still alive Conviction > 2x Smite.
  • Use pear + mm if only a few enemies remain.
  • [Monk only] Spam double punch afterwards.

250k-300k mobs should die within this burst.
God smash + conviction recharges every 30s as well. So that combo helps kill of stragglers before the next breaking wheel.

And you still have turn undead to gib some mutants/demons here and there.

Itā€™s not the best case scenario. But it has good burst dmg and single target dmg. Esp for a cleric/paladin build.

@alexandrious2001:
Yep, crit res just lowers crit rate. Having a higher crit rate will yield the same result.

Zalciai means 1 spr = 0.8 crit res lowered but works for anyone hitting the target. (crit res does fluctuate between 75-150 mostly though and canā€™t go into negative resā€¦)

Whereas priest gives res and monstrance (+30% and +10 dex.) and is easier to keep up 24/7.

And you canā€™t scroll resurrection.

Priest Variation it is. Plague Doctor instead of Monk for Incineration, the Regen Heal and the Status immunity. Ill lose out on direct monk damage, but gain a DoT and more utility instead.

Now if I come bk to the game, wonder if its worth finishing out my current character which is right now a C1, Priest 3, and level him as one of the chaplain magic builds, just to build up Team level, or simply reroll a new character straight away. Off topic question, do pets raise Team exp just as much as a character, or do less?

Pets raises the team level the same. It functions as a normal character.

Monk1 should only be taken if you like filler spam (double punch), and Armour break attribute on Hand Knife.

Well if def keeps going as high as those monsters who drop manahas, def break debuff will become really valuableā€¦

whatā€™s the total spr i could get if i invested 30 spr since rank 4?

Did you mean how much spr you should invest instead?
That depends highly on your build tbh.

Either 100-200 spr if youā€™re semi spr chaplain.
The more support oriented priests can go full spr, but itā€™s not very good and requires a team at all times.

(and fyi iā€™m thinking of changing my support priest build to have taoist instead for enchant + Storm calling. Need to think it overā€¦)