Tree of Savior Forum

Preliminary beginners guide to Clerics

Thanks @Wurmheart! And one more thing, if I go with Bokor 3 > Rank6 > PD, what would be better, Pardoner for DE or Druid?

Druid would be better for pvp, but pardoner is still quite good for pve. Do keep in mind it’s a bit slower to lvl ofc.

Is there a more focus build on pvp as Kabbalist? And how does Druid work in pvp? Thanks for the guide.

Just a quick question. I know that zombies are bad, but just for research, how well does Damballa damage scales for lategame?

Your best bet is likely a chaplain build with cleric/kabbalist or krivis/kabbalist. As they are incredibly sturdy in pvp.

But frankly kabbalist works well on almost any build, you could even grab a monk build and replace monk3 with kabbalist.

Or even a more generic spellcaster that ends with kabbalist. Though do keep in mind that bokor only shines in 2vs2 pvp atm.

Lots of options really.

Druid mostly shines due to telepath, which allows them to control 1 enemy for a small duration. You can lure them into your aoe’s or simply disbable the enemy healer that way when he’s most needed. (They should only take dmg when it ends, but it’s still very good.)

@dudu_carvalho:
It’s damage is very nice, but the issue is that it needs to sacrifice zombies to deal dmg with in the first place. And in places like ET the preference is on continuous dmg effects like elementalists and carve owls due to how much health enemies have.

I fear mob health will start to out-scale it’s dmg beyond that point tbh. But it should be good enough for most content prior to ET or 3 star maps probably.

@Sixaxis is more knowledgeable on this topic though, better to wait for his reply.

Summoned. \o

Are the owls only good if I take Diev 3? Or at Diev 2 they can get the job done? Or will I lack the damage/support if I go Bokor2>Diev2?

Diev2 owls are still very strong, but they have lower health and a lower duration.

lvl 5 owls with divine might last 50s, and have a 105s cd.
And it’s easier to use both overheat casts at the same time, to force the skill to go on cd.
Meaning you do have a lot of downtime.

Carve world tree is good enough at c2 tbh, though c3 is just better.

Bokor/diev3 may be the better option, but i’m not sure just how important bokor2 is compared to bokor. Still need to test that as well.

It’s just because I’m already Bokor 2, otherwise I would consider going Diev 2.

For now, I`m pretty unsure for what to do after Cler 2>Bokor 2, 'cause I thought Diev 2 would be a good choice.

@Wurmheart so will Cleric>cleric>bokor>bokor>bokor>druid>kabbalist viable in both 2v2 and 5v5? sorry for noob question.

Any bokor build tends to work wonders in 2vs2, but since bloodletting stops hexing entirely it also prevents you from dealing dmg. Which is a huge issue, making you useless for most 5vs5 and probably gvg matches. (pd’s are very common there.)

Kabbalist/druid shines a bit more in 5vs5 though, as revenged can easily 1hit glass cannon builds and druid’s telepath is one of the rare cc’s that works in pvp.

@dudu_carvalho:
Imo, good options would be:

• Diev2 + r7 class, bit lengthy cool downs but excellent dmg, support and pd synergy.
  • Sadhu2 +r7 class, mostly for possession. Lacks support but can frequently use oob/possession to make up for it.
  • bokor3 + druid2 more so pve oriented, but still quite nice.
  • Bokor3 + druid + r7 more dmg oriented spec, similar to the above.
  • Sadhu + druid2, as a oob focus build. Got nerfed quite a bit, but usable in pvp at least.

That’s a new information for me and makes bokor so much better in my eyes.

So you can only hit cursed enemies with it, or cursed enemies additionaly recieve damage just as original target?

Also SP cost won’t change if you hit multiple enemies?

Also what do you thinka about heavy INT zombie based cleric3bokor3PD for GvG/PvE?

SP cost shouldn’t change, but since hexing is a r2 status it’s pretty horrible for 5vs5 pvp and gvg imo.

For pve it seems pretty darn nice tbh.

no paladin+pardoner or priest+pardoner suggestions?

I’m still not entirely sure whether i got up to date pardoner info.

But it those builds should be akin to:

Cleric2/Krivis/Paladin3/Pardoner -> Gets you barrier + daino scrolls, can replace krivis with priest/dievdirby ofc.

Cleric/Priest3/Pardoner2 -> for spell shop, maybe take chaplain for easier leveling. But honestly there isn’t much of a point to drag it to end game. Pardoner2 puts a big dent in it’s performance compared to other clerics.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, would you mind suggesting what stat distribution should i do on clericC2>BokorC3>Druid>Kabbalist build? I appreciate it a lot.

So you can’t use effigy on enemy unless he is hexed?

Something around 3 int: 1 con or 4 int: 1 con.
Spr will be annoying, but kabbalist can regen all your sp with ease via ein sof. So it’s better not to get spr on such a build.

@Derael:
You can use effigy, but it simply does not hit enemies without hexing.

Just, it’s pretty good even as single target damage and can melt people in 5v5 while staying in SZ.

In 2v2 it’s a top tier then.

Hi,

So I decided to start a new charactet instead of the messed up cleric/krivis paladin-wannabe chaos. My question is, with paladin3/pd, should I go entirely full STR, or should i put 50/50 to con/dex. I mainly intend to pvp.

Also, how well paladin/pd s do in pvp in general?