Tree of Savior Forum

Post your desired wiz build after revamp!

Just wanted to let you know that the video is not mine, it belongs to TKMagnus.

Everyone have different opinion but with me both Magic Shield and Reflection Shield are good for farming, I used less than 10 HP pots for 1 hour of farming HG340 with those skills and sit trick.
Energy Bolt has low scale dmg with 4 AAR only, I dont I want to use it after HK and the only reason I take 1 is for knockback which is good at ET.
Sleep need at least 6 points for the new attribute which RC and Sage benefit most with it.
You can sahre Surespell with Spiritual Chain, what is the point of wasting 4 more points for it?
Lethargy has magic circle damage booster attribute so it’s worth to take

My wiz characters currently are

• Wiz Pyro2 Thauma Sorc2 Wl3 but still thinking about this one.
  • Wiz2 Linker2 Thauma3 Enchanter2 maybe I’ll go for pyro 2 instead of linker but idk
  • Wiz Cryo2 Kino3 Chrono 3 trying it as the “new CC wizard suport”. Not bad so far. NowI need a party to go and try 27F -_-
  • and a Wiz3 Elem3 Alch3 because yes. Didnt change from before really

Coming back after awhile, and have been reading up on the changes. My few questions to anyone willing to answer are:

• Is there any non Thauma and/or Linker themed Shadowmancer builds?
  • Thinking of Wiz2 - Link3 - RC - Alch3 for support/Alch purposes. Would it be better for full SPR or INT or a mix?

Thanks!

You can try building it around a SPR base class like Chrono or Sorc since Shadow uses a lot of SP, then add Kino2+ to help deal with Shadow’s weakness against Flying.

• Wiz1 > X > Kino3 > Sorc2 > Shadow2
  • Wiz2 > Kino2 > Chrono3 > Shadow2
  • Wiz3 > Elem3 > Sorc1 > Shadow2

Wiz1 > X > Kino3 > Sorc2 > Shadow2

Besides the riding, is there any benefit to being a Sorc 2 rather than Sorc 1?

Wiz3 > Elem3 > Sorc1 > Shadow2

Does Ele even work with a full SPR build?

Also, does Kino somewhat bring the power of mob gathering like Linker does? Otherwise, would Linker + kino be overkill in a single build?

I mainly want to try Shadowmancer because of the amazing costume, but I don’t really enjoy the style of Thauma, even though I understand how much it brings. Linker is fine though

Good options. IMHO not sure Chrono is so necessary for soloing

What’s your general experience with the Pyro2 Thau1 Sorc2 WL3 build post-patch? I was thinking of trying this build out too.

are they full SPR? I hope they are hehehe

Riding is a huge benefit! Froster Lord and Marnox have extremely good Riding skills

Yes, but it would mean you have to invest more than the usual INT build to achieve the same effect on your non-SPR circles. As in, a T3 SPR Ele3 would have the same Magic Attack as a T0 INT Ele3. This type of build isn’t really recommended for alts since they shine more with higher investments.

Magnetic Force is a good pull. Not as good as Linker IMO but it’s also good.

Not at all. For party play you’ll have Joint Penalty to assist allies’ attacks and Heavy Gravity to assist yours. I would recommend doing Wiz1 > Wiz2/Pyro1 > Kino2 > Linker3 > Shadow2.

I find Linker3 to be a much better support class than Thauma3 for well geared characters anyway.

@Carlirium I know the video is not yours, but big thanks for sharing it! It contains VERY important info.

Oh no! Wizard class is so complicated like RO now!! Lol jk. It actually makes wizard much more combo heavy, very unique playstyle from other branches.

Few questions:

I don’t quite understand what tile specialty does. Is it the primary reason causing leathargy to be so strong? Or leathargy just simply got a buff?

Blood bath and blood sucking will heal you if the enemies are beast, devil, insect, or affected by the debuff. What is THE debuff?

Fireball + psychic pressure combo’s damage seems to be scaling from level of fireball. I wasn’t able to do much testing, but can anyone confirm this?

i have wiz1 pyro2 thauma1 sorc2 (cuz liek raiding sometimes) necro1 shadow 2 and love this build :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: u can go for wiz3 too now

Yes, but it would mean you have to invest more than the usual INT build to achieve the same effect on your non-SPR circles.

Ah, noted.

I would recommend doing Wiz1 > Wiz2/Pyro1 > Kino2 > Linker3 > Shadow2.

Would you classify this as a support-DPS build? Or is 2 circles of shadow enough to categorise it as a pure DPS build? If not, do you have examples of pure DPS Shadow builds, if any?

Thanks again for answering, and so sorry for the many questions ._.

Edit: Tried Wiz2 Psycho2 Chrono3 Shadow2 with todays reset, I have to say I really enjoy the balanced playstyle it gives. Decent DPS from Shadow alone, while CC-ing and supporting the party with PsychoChrono

It’s support-DPS due to the heavy support from Linker3 and Kino2. I don’t know why you’d AIM to be pure-DPS though. Being support-DPS allows you to join more advanced parties with lower gear investments. As in, you can even get into CM Stg6 parties simply by having these two circles without even factoring in your weapon. Meanwhile a pure-DPS would have to invest more into their weapons to join Stg6 otherwise they’d be dead weight. Also, Linker’s Physical Link is sought after for World Bosses right now.

A pure DPS Shadow2 would look something like Wiz3 > Ele3 > RC/Sorc > Shadow2 or Wiz2 > Kino2 > Ele3 > Shadow2.

Glad you liked it. Don’t forget that 360 SPR is all you need to maximise Chrono buffs. You can allocate the rest into INT or CON

Guys I’m going for a wiz2>thau>linker>sorc2>chrono3 build full spr, I want to be able to support while doing dps with my summon, is this an ok build?

Also how is kino3 with sage2? I’m trying to build a full int kino3 build as my main planning to go pyro3 >kino3> shadow2 but sage sounds fun as well

1 Like

Yeah that’s fine. I have a Pyro3 Sorc2 Chrono3 with a T5 staff and my guildmates usually get me as Chrono when we do Stg7 since I can contribute to DPS as well. Also, the Cat buffs help with SP management and AoE ratio.

I din’t do much with this one yet. I know i can deal more damage then what i was doing before (Cryo3Sorc3Shadow2). The CD is a lot higher, yes, but the AoE really compensates and hoh… you should love mastema man SO MUCH BETTER THEN shadow conjuration and it’s small debuff (man it really got me made that little ngh). Anyways, i like Wl more then Shadow.
The old Cryo’s function is dead, so i was alredy planing on going pyro3 before. Never liked thauma but sinse i would “lose” a sorc’s cicle because of wl, it ended pretty good actually. The damage that i used to deal with 3 cicles of sorcerer, i am capeble of doing it with 2 and a plus of 500 matck from swell left arm. Or right arm idk lol
what else… the Pyro hum… it deals a liiittle damage, stops mobs and i can aggro with Flare so, not REALLY different form what i used to do with cryo. It’s ok.
I still need to try solmiki but i don’t think it’ll be that hard. The bigger issue i guess is to get used to thenew combos and skills and it’s location, timing you know?
Found it. Also this:

• The sorcerer build, yes it is alredy full spr.
  • The buffer one (thauma/enchanter) still didn’t really try it. The character is currently Wiz2 Linker
    Thauma 2 Chrono 3 and Sage but i’ll reset it today and go for the other one. Full spr, yes. I saw a guy with a good gear which i can affort, and i thought he did a really good job so i’ll just copy it.
  • About the kino, I changed the build when the character was still not at 350, so i went full spr. But i won’t do it like that. I can get enogh of it from gear and i know that you can deal good damage without the “right” status. I’m planning on going full con, geared with spr equips and maybe a primus rod with trans.
    Still need to test it out in more places - alredy went to level 5 CM, we did it ok, we didn’t had a cleric SUPPORT so i guess hmhm it was a ok for first try (almost died ‘-’ was under 350 so poor gear lol)

I still want to finish the kino support ish build with onmyoji… idk how i’m gonna do it but hoh whatever

I remember watching a video (after rework) about that here in the forums, it think that it was either in ktos/test updates thread or in the ktest videos one, and yes, it is indeed the damage of fireball that matters for that combo. Agny works too. I’ll edit the post later if I find it.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4nlR7TykE
Notice that the player has Heavy Gravity in the hotbar, an indicator that this video was recorded after the rework.

@greyhiem u know what is best build for pvp wizard atm?

the thauma buff to summon on swells arms… it become active if u summon with swell arms active, or u have to cast swell arm near active summons to buff them?
i cannot check this yet. can someone help me decipher it?

also - the heavy gravity skill is pretty op… i love it