Tree of Savior Forum

Post your desired wiz build after revamp!

i have wiz1 pyro2 thauma1 sorc2 (cuz liek raiding sometimes) necro1 shadow 2 and love this build :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: u can go for wiz3 too now

Yes, but it would mean you have to invest more than the usual INT build to achieve the same effect on your non-SPR circles.

Ah, noted.

I would recommend doing Wiz1 > Wiz2/Pyro1 > Kino2 > Linker3 > Shadow2.

Would you classify this as a support-DPS build? Or is 2 circles of shadow enough to categorise it as a pure DPS build? If not, do you have examples of pure DPS Shadow builds, if any?

Thanks again for answering, and so sorry for the many questions ._.

Edit: Tried Wiz2 Psycho2 Chrono3 Shadow2 with todays reset, I have to say I really enjoy the balanced playstyle it gives. Decent DPS from Shadow alone, while CC-ing and supporting the party with PsychoChrono

It’s support-DPS due to the heavy support from Linker3 and Kino2. I don’t know why you’d AIM to be pure-DPS though. Being support-DPS allows you to join more advanced parties with lower gear investments. As in, you can even get into CM Stg6 parties simply by having these two circles without even factoring in your weapon. Meanwhile a pure-DPS would have to invest more into their weapons to join Stg6 otherwise they’d be dead weight. Also, Linker’s Physical Link is sought after for World Bosses right now.

A pure DPS Shadow2 would look something like Wiz3 > Ele3 > RC/Sorc > Shadow2 or Wiz2 > Kino2 > Ele3 > Shadow2.

Glad you liked it. Don’t forget that 360 SPR is all you need to maximise Chrono buffs. You can allocate the rest into INT or CON

Guys I’m going for a wiz2>thau>linker>sorc2>chrono3 build full spr, I want to be able to support while doing dps with my summon, is this an ok build?

Also how is kino3 with sage2? I’m trying to build a full int kino3 build as my main planning to go pyro3 >kino3> shadow2 but sage sounds fun as well

1 Like

Yeah that’s fine. I have a Pyro3 Sorc2 Chrono3 with a T5 staff and my guildmates usually get me as Chrono when we do Stg7 since I can contribute to DPS as well. Also, the Cat buffs help with SP management and AoE ratio.

I din’t do much with this one yet. I know i can deal more damage then what i was doing before (Cryo3Sorc3Shadow2). The CD is a lot higher, yes, but the AoE really compensates and hoh… you should love mastema man SO MUCH BETTER THEN shadow conjuration and it’s small debuff (man it really got me made that little ngh). Anyways, i like Wl more then Shadow.
The old Cryo’s function is dead, so i was alredy planing on going pyro3 before. Never liked thauma but sinse i would “lose” a sorc’s cicle because of wl, it ended pretty good actually. The damage that i used to deal with 3 cicles of sorcerer, i am capeble of doing it with 2 and a plus of 500 matck from swell left arm. Or right arm idk lol
what else… the Pyro hum… it deals a liiittle damage, stops mobs and i can aggro with Flare so, not REALLY different form what i used to do with cryo. It’s ok.
I still need to try solmiki but i don’t think it’ll be that hard. The bigger issue i guess is to get used to thenew combos and skills and it’s location, timing you know?
Found it. Also this:

• The sorcerer build, yes it is alredy full spr.
  • The buffer one (thauma/enchanter) still didn’t really try it. The character is currently Wiz2 Linker
    Thauma 2 Chrono 3 and Sage but i’ll reset it today and go for the other one. Full spr, yes. I saw a guy with a good gear which i can affort, and i thought he did a really good job so i’ll just copy it.
  • About the kino, I changed the build when the character was still not at 350, so i went full spr. But i won’t do it like that. I can get enogh of it from gear and i know that you can deal good damage without the “right” status. I’m planning on going full con, geared with spr equips and maybe a primus rod with trans.
    Still need to test it out in more places - alredy went to level 5 CM, we did it ok, we didn’t had a cleric SUPPORT so i guess hmhm it was a ok for first try (almost died ‘-’ was under 350 so poor gear lol)

I still want to finish the kino support ish build with onmyoji… idk how i’m gonna do it but hoh whatever

I remember watching a video (after rework) about that here in the forums, it think that it was either in ktos/test updates thread or in the ktest videos one, and yes, it is indeed the damage of fireball that matters for that combo. Agny works too. I’ll edit the post later if I find it.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4nlR7TykE
Notice that the player has Heavy Gravity in the hotbar, an indicator that this video was recorded after the rework.

@greyhiem u know what is best build for pvp wizard atm?

the thauma buff to summon on swells arms… it become active if u summon with swell arms active, or u have to cast swell arm near active summons to buff them?
i cannot check this yet. can someone help me decipher it?

also - the heavy gravity skill is pretty op… i love it

It worked when i did Swell Left Arm > Summoning. At least I think it did. The damage didn’t seem to change, knowing that the summon’s damage from Sorc2 to Sorc3 increased 10% (I was told so at least) so the thauma buff would do the same.
Or maybe it was the +500matck from the buff? I really don’t want to test it e.e’

me too ohoho

Does anyone know how much mastema after-damage scales with skill level?

Thinking about mastema vs drain distribution here… since mastema is dark, it’ll surely benefit from drain greatly anyway, right?

Thinking about something along the lines of ghastly trail 10 - Drain 5/10 - Scratch 5 - Invocation 15 - PoA 1 - Theurge 1 - Sacrifice 1 - Mastema 2/7
Even though I’m not so sure if I need trail. It’ve defeinitely got more useful than zero, and I like the idea…

i does benefit from it. Wouldn’t be better to take points from pole instead of mastema though? No numbers involved, just personal opinion and well… scaling comparison - maybe some numbers :V in my head
Why ghastly trail?

1 Like

Does anyone knows how much extra damage you get from full spr Thauma buffs? Left arm lets say. Like, a good thauma, with masinos rod and +40 spr on boots, top, botton and gloves at least.

Yup, I don’t think it’s too useful to get PoA higher than minimum 1 anyway. But I wanted to have trail, too… but maybe it’s just too much of a problem, I probably don’t have 10 seconds to mantain it anyway.

Well, trail helps to bring leftover spirit to the next room, and it doubles their damage at lvl 10 xD

hummmmm if you want to “bring” extra damage, upgrade drain then what about that heh.
I belive it has casting right? so unless you are wiz2 hum… idk if it’s usefull skill.
You used “room” are you talking about soloing dg? Because after you get to 360 it’ll only give you 88k silver which is just meh imo. Maybe for the talts? well you do you. Aside from dg… i can’t really think about any other content you can use it… CM, evil sacrifice is better. World bossing? no evil spitits to use because there won’t be mobs in there. Or time. Same to pvp. Solmiki you can’t change rooms with skills like that, think of it like when you’re mounting your summon. You can’t change rooms while at it. I tried ‘-’

Actually while casting it on combat you end up losing some dps. If you go for sorc2, mount your summon if your skills are on cd.

1 Like

It’s channelling skill, like bokor one. So yes, it takes time, and even though I do have surespell, I’m not even sure if I can put all my skills on cd now.
Okay, I have something to think about.

if you want to “bring” extra damage, upgrade drain
Technically, I can get both to… make spirits to do 4x damage?

Okay, I can’t even put all of my skills on cd. So drain it is…

1 Like

What’s your typical skill rotation on that? Does Invocation see some use even though it doesn’t proc from your summon kills?

For your FF questions, the debuff one is referring is the one from Bloodbath. Bloodbath stuns the appropriate target and makes them bleed Japanese-style around them; this is the one that puts a debuff on them. Standing in the blood heals marginal amounts(increases with skill points).

I didn’t get invocation yet ‘-’ my PoA is maxed so didn’t really try it… Yesterday was all day leveling the kino so…
And was today that i read about how not good it was. PoA that is.
But, I think for stuffs that i would do solo: getting the aggro from the monsters in the room (all the summons and maybe mastema should do it), i would start using the buffs and sumoning stuff, but i also would need to activate the masinos extra spr thingy, so… Swell Left arm> fire pillar> fire ground>Summoning> (dark theurge) Drain> Mastema>Demon Scratch> PoA and i’m out of skills ‘-’ some are going out of cd so i could re-use them or just mount while waiting for… mastema CD probably
Also about demon scratch… i need the monsters to be still so i can cast it “safely” so maybe something like Fire ground>Summoning> Fire P.>Demon S.
Was going to say to use mastema before Demon s. “because of the extra dark damage debuff” but it’s extra HOLY porperty… right?
Oh yeah, use invocation whenever you want. Would probably better before all that lol

Hm… OK. So is it possible to use blood bath and blood sucking to drain HP from monsters that are NOT insect, beast, or devil by certain method?