Tree of Savior Forum

Post your desired wiz build after revamp!

• Magic Shield reduce the mobs attacks so less HP pots to use
  • With this build the stats build is high Int with some Spr so you can use Transpose trick to make HP pots more useful - Transpose Int to Con, use HP pot then purge Transpose buff - you can heal yourself better with only 1 HP pot
  • Like I said RoG gives you bonus HP, def and ms, if your party members want it then use it on them (LOL). If you dont like RoG you can spend those skill points on RoP for better duration, ppl use RoG when they are farming for more tanky
  • Lv12 JP is fine, my farming wiz is only Link2 (Wiz2>Link2>Thau3>Sage2) and he can kill swell mobs with Magic Missile and Earthquake before the link breaks. Since Linker was nerfed to the ground compare to old days, 1 or 2 hit counts isnt big different I think. And 3s HK means you can combo even if you have high ping

Sounds interesting. For a more support oriented build I guess you want full SPR though for Swell Brain, but I can see some uses for it, maybe with Lifeline. I’ve heard that this build can work as a support too so I’m thinking of how I can maximize that part of the build too.

Magic Shield is as useless as Reflection Shield, it’s just minor damage reduction and costs SP. Just use 3 Armaos cards for the same effect. With the new patch you definitively want to get Earthquake, and Energy Bolt is still as good as filler. About Lethargy: with the new attributes, I think it’s worth having it only if you go with wiz3, so you can benefit from the attributes. Basically I would go:

• wiz1: energy bolt 5 earthquake 5 sleep 5
  • wiz2: energy bolt 5 earthquake 5 sleep 5 magic missile 5 surespell 5 (if you want it for your entire party, otherwise only 1), 5 remaining points as you wish
  • wiz3: energy bolt 5 earthquake 5 sleep 5 lethargy 1 magic missile 10 surespell 5 quickcast 5, 9 remaining points as you wish

Tested some of my builds and they turned out mostly nice.

Wiz3-Ele3-FF3
Still amazing build. Levitation make casting skills really confortable, and it breaks electrocute jump animation to cast all 4 OH even faster. Good sustain and single target with FF. Huge AoE from Elememe that makes up for the lack of grouping skills.

Wiz2-Link3-Sorc2-Sage2
Good sustained damage, good grouping. Problem is that casting sage skills is too slow, summon end up killing linked or asleep mobs before you can cast anything xD. CDs are big, but then you have time to ride. Spirit shock is strong, and it lasts enough time to full cast dimension compression on that single target.

Wiz2-Cryo3-RC-WL3
Perma-freeze is nice. I like snow rolling extra duration, but not the extra size. It keeps me from fully controling mobs to ride over devil spirits. Rune of justice is viable dps now, but lacking quick cast is bad. Still a funny build. I did not try using rod yet to see how cryo skills can peform, but hydra cards are helpful.

Wiz1-pyro3-kino3-ench2
Hell Breath is godly. Fire ball+PP combo is funny. A lot of elemental damage for multiple hit skills. That Enchant lightning price tho…

Stone Curse + Fireball at 1:20
Stone Curse + Hell’s Breath at 3:40

From what I have seen, Stone Curse has the same effect on Psychokino skills.

3 Likes

Awesome video . great job.

From there is seems the fire element seems the most cheap and good damage. I didn’t know it could that good.

The release of the new necklaces might bring more fair builds

Just wanted to let you know that the video is not mine, it belongs to TKMagnus.

Everyone have different opinion but with me both Magic Shield and Reflection Shield are good for farming, I used less than 10 HP pots for 1 hour of farming HG340 with those skills and sit trick.
Energy Bolt has low scale dmg with 4 AAR only, I dont I want to use it after HK and the only reason I take 1 is for knockback which is good at ET.
Sleep need at least 6 points for the new attribute which RC and Sage benefit most with it.
You can sahre Surespell with Spiritual Chain, what is the point of wasting 4 more points for it?
Lethargy has magic circle damage booster attribute so it’s worth to take

My wiz characters currently are

• Wiz Pyro2 Thauma Sorc2 Wl3 but still thinking about this one.
  • Wiz2 Linker2 Thauma3 Enchanter2 maybe I’ll go for pyro 2 instead of linker but idk
  • Wiz Cryo2 Kino3 Chrono 3 trying it as the “new CC wizard suport”. Not bad so far. NowI need a party to go and try 27F -_-
  • and a Wiz3 Elem3 Alch3 because yes. Didnt change from before really

Coming back after awhile, and have been reading up on the changes. My few questions to anyone willing to answer are:

• Is there any non Thauma and/or Linker themed Shadowmancer builds?
  • Thinking of Wiz2 - Link3 - RC - Alch3 for support/Alch purposes. Would it be better for full SPR or INT or a mix?

Thanks!

You can try building it around a SPR base class like Chrono or Sorc since Shadow uses a lot of SP, then add Kino2+ to help deal with Shadow’s weakness against Flying.

• Wiz1 > X > Kino3 > Sorc2 > Shadow2
  • Wiz2 > Kino2 > Chrono3 > Shadow2
  • Wiz3 > Elem3 > Sorc1 > Shadow2

Wiz1 > X > Kino3 > Sorc2 > Shadow2

Besides the riding, is there any benefit to being a Sorc 2 rather than Sorc 1?

Wiz3 > Elem3 > Sorc1 > Shadow2

Does Ele even work with a full SPR build?

Also, does Kino somewhat bring the power of mob gathering like Linker does? Otherwise, would Linker + kino be overkill in a single build?

I mainly want to try Shadowmancer because of the amazing costume, but I don’t really enjoy the style of Thauma, even though I understand how much it brings. Linker is fine though

Good options. IMHO not sure Chrono is so necessary for soloing

What’s your general experience with the Pyro2 Thau1 Sorc2 WL3 build post-patch? I was thinking of trying this build out too.

are they full SPR? I hope they are hehehe

Riding is a huge benefit! Froster Lord and Marnox have extremely good Riding skills

Yes, but it would mean you have to invest more than the usual INT build to achieve the same effect on your non-SPR circles. As in, a T3 SPR Ele3 would have the same Magic Attack as a T0 INT Ele3. This type of build isn’t really recommended for alts since they shine more with higher investments.

Magnetic Force is a good pull. Not as good as Linker IMO but it’s also good.

Not at all. For party play you’ll have Joint Penalty to assist allies’ attacks and Heavy Gravity to assist yours. I would recommend doing Wiz1 > Wiz2/Pyro1 > Kino2 > Linker3 > Shadow2.

I find Linker3 to be a much better support class than Thauma3 for well geared characters anyway.

@Carlirium I know the video is not yours, but big thanks for sharing it! It contains VERY important info.

Oh no! Wizard class is so complicated like RO now!! Lol jk. It actually makes wizard much more combo heavy, very unique playstyle from other branches.

Few questions:

I don’t quite understand what tile specialty does. Is it the primary reason causing leathargy to be so strong? Or leathargy just simply got a buff?

Blood bath and blood sucking will heal you if the enemies are beast, devil, insect, or affected by the debuff. What is THE debuff?

Fireball + psychic pressure combo’s damage seems to be scaling from level of fireball. I wasn’t able to do much testing, but can anyone confirm this?

i have wiz1 pyro2 thauma1 sorc2 (cuz liek raiding sometimes) necro1 shadow 2 and love this build :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: u can go for wiz3 too now

Yes, but it would mean you have to invest more than the usual INT build to achieve the same effect on your non-SPR circles.

Ah, noted.

I would recommend doing Wiz1 > Wiz2/Pyro1 > Kino2 > Linker3 > Shadow2.

Would you classify this as a support-DPS build? Or is 2 circles of shadow enough to categorise it as a pure DPS build? If not, do you have examples of pure DPS Shadow builds, if any?

Thanks again for answering, and so sorry for the many questions ._.

Edit: Tried Wiz2 Psycho2 Chrono3 Shadow2 with todays reset, I have to say I really enjoy the balanced playstyle it gives. Decent DPS from Shadow alone, while CC-ing and supporting the party with PsychoChrono

It’s support-DPS due to the heavy support from Linker3 and Kino2. I don’t know why you’d AIM to be pure-DPS though. Being support-DPS allows you to join more advanced parties with lower gear investments. As in, you can even get into CM Stg6 parties simply by having these two circles without even factoring in your weapon. Meanwhile a pure-DPS would have to invest more into their weapons to join Stg6 otherwise they’d be dead weight. Also, Linker’s Physical Link is sought after for World Bosses right now.

A pure DPS Shadow2 would look something like Wiz3 > Ele3 > RC/Sorc > Shadow2 or Wiz2 > Kino2 > Ele3 > Shadow2.

Glad you liked it. Don’t forget that 360 SPR is all you need to maximise Chrono buffs. You can allocate the rest into INT or CON