Tree of Savior Forum

Post-Patch Chaplain Discussion

25kish I’d guess. I have some HP on headgear and some CON on random equip pieces, and am at 32k HP full spirit.

STR scales HP for Cleric too? Or only CON?

It’d be new to me that STR scales HP

STR scales Swordsman’s HP as far as I know…

I am pretty sure this isn’t the case. Swordsman just has a higher mod.

ok, so no HP from STR in Cleric as I expected, right?

Is cleric c3 ever worth getting rather than miko in a chap build that ends with inquisitor?

hummpphh from a healing bomb perspective… could be… though… inqui wheel with kagura dance = NICE, so… idd rather be miko than C3.

Almost never in terms of combat. In terms of that sweet sweet cleric c3 costume, always.

Hello, I decided to make a chaplain based on AA and support. From what I’ve understood in the discussion the best is to put a bit of CON and rest full SPR, with DEX coming from equips to increase the asp.

My main question is. What do I take after Chap ? My focus for this character is to go full PvE. What do you suggest ? I’ve seen many going PD2, but have seen Kabba too, Inq and so on…i just can’t decide. Can someone help me and explain the pros and cons of the possibilities I have ? I’ve also seen some people with Krivis to fit other support characters in the party. Like chrono, thaum etcetc

full PVE as in what? ET? Solo Hunting? Party Hunting? All of the above?

Yeah, kinda all. I often a play with a friend. So i need something that can work in a team, but not totally useless in solo.
My friend is kinda deciding too right now, but it will probably something DPS oriented. Like elementalist or stuff like that.

This is my opinion so it may differ from the others out there, but Chaplain synergizes the best with inquisitor due to breaking wheel spreading auto-attacks, and the inquisitor’s burn attribute counting as an auto-attack.

The highest damage build I can think of would be Cleric1 - Priest3 - Chap - Druid2 - Inquis
A support oriented build, but requires miko sub-quest would be Cleric2 - Priest3 - Chap - Miko - Inquis
More pvp oriented would be Cleric1 - Priest3 - Chap - Oracle - Kabba - Inquis

I currently run with the last build as a hybrid pve/pvp.

If you don’t want to do the miko subquest you could sub Miko for Oracle or Kabba for more support options, but would be less damage.

Why inquisitor ? For the wheel ? And also what does miko bring to chap?

Sorry for the noob questions, but I don’t know much about cleric and the balance patch kinda “shook” the little knowledge I had about it XD

But yeah, I would probably go for the more support oriented build.

What do you think about adding Krivis to increase party support?

Two reasons. The wheel spreads your auto-attack including all extra line damage. Also Malleus is a crazy good debuff and will always be useful.

Miko brings nothing to chap tbh, Kagura has some synergy with wheel and is a nice channel for party play. Hamaya is still decent damage especially with bless, and you can auto-attack while it is down.

Krivis is a trap imo. Zaibas 5 is poor, and does less damage than your auto-attacks so you would not use it.
Zalciai 5 and Daino 5 are Good with High SPR so it wouldn’t be a WASTE of a rank…just not optimal.

I would recommend trying it out and seeing how it feels.

So Miko kinda ends up becoming a one rank wonder to fill that circle from what I’ve understood. Mmmhh… Difficult choice.

What about dievdirby ? I know it doesn’t bring much to chap, but could be good for party support.

I personally like Oracle. Great when farming. Also great afk/bot killer :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually did the exact thing. I came from that build (i.e. C2>P3>Chap>Miko>Inq), and decided to switch to C3>P3>Chap>Inq, primarily due to the Hamaya nerf, and the nerf to Holy Damage (which affects Kagura). Pretty happy with my build so far. The trade-off from the loss of Hamaya and Kagura: lvl 15 Heal (could be a heal bomb too, which also gives good damage), lvl 15 Cure (despite being less effective than before, its higher hit count benefits a lot from Blessing), a lvl 10 Divine Might, and some points for a lvl 3 Deprotect Zone.

Utility-wise, I’m appreciating it more. Notably though, in terms of pure burst damage, Hamaya will still probably win over a C3 Chap-Inq.

Hope this was of some help.:slight_smile:

Honestly, I’m a miko fanatic, and Cleric 3 is still very attractive for me…

It might be better if you care for support, and my goal IS support… Heal 15 would be quite amazing.

Still, right now, my main justification for Miko is utility (debuff cleanse!) and added damage for AOE clear encounters (315 dungeon, ET).