Tree of Savior Forum

Post-Patch Chaplain Discussion

I changed my cafri at 220, HG plate gear provide tons of SPR and reduces my non existent INT to 1, form 7… so… and since it gives nice SPR im dealing only 500dmg less per hit when adding all lines of dmg from cafri on or not. but i get shitloads more of armor, mdef and hp.

Sorry, what is HG? (pardon my ignorance)

HG would be Hunting Grounds

any good advice to ET build? all floors, i’m loving the PD2 route, but i’m trying with oracle, kabba etc… really loving the cleric support / AA build

So I’m starting a p3 chaplain right now, but I’m in doubt about the r7 and r8 classes.
Is is really worth it going miko - inq? Isn’t kabba inq better overall?
And about pd2 after chaplain, if someone who tested it can clarify for me. How is the pd’s skill damage with full spr?

I think I’m more inclined to c2-p3-chaplain-pd2 or c2-p3-chap- kabba - inq if going the low aoe route.

Just wondering if anyone has tested this before.
Can Miko’s clap increase the effect duration of PD Fumigate?

Clap only encrease objet like diev statues and chaplain capella :wink:

Chaplain itself can fund that. Mine can clear 140 dg in 18mins for 250k per run. On my SR it’s down to 10mins per run. If you’re lucky you can get peta (a friend of mine got 2 in 1 run).

Do you guys think deprotected zone is relevant now because of the enemy def buff? But then again it kinda sucks because they reduced hp. So I don’t know.

In theory it’s nice, but in practice I believe it’s not worth it. I have it at level 5 with attributes on my Chaplain, but he’s mostly occupied with either casting damage spells or recasting buffs (pesky Blessing & Aspergillum e.g.) when he’s not autoattacking, so I don’t really use it.

Also note that the stacks are gone the moment the monster moves out of your Deprotected Zone (which happens a lot on some enemies) and becomes less effective with gear progression as bosses tend to die earlier and have less time to have their defence reduced.

Even though Cure is bad, I think it’s the better choice for your points if you’re just Cleric C1.

1 Like

Hello again dear fellas’!

I came to a wierd test today with one of my lil chaps…

I was thinking… huummmm what should i test today… and came out with… why not a wierd R7 filler?

And i ended up testing:

C2, P3, Chap, BOKOR, inq full spr. tomorrow would be PD1 instead of Inq, since HEX + Pandemic must be somehow nice with incineration.

I come from PD1->Inq with full spr, which is imba for self survival and also for some more aoe dmg and ailment prevention but i have to say that i was pretty much surprised of the outcome…

AA normally i do like 12k per all lines hit (crap wep, i know…) when i used HEX i did 14k, nice AA increase.

Zombies, when blessed and all… each around 900-1500 dmg (9 zombies at lvl 5) so thats erm… around 500DPS aoe more (considering they take time between atks, and i dont have to cast anything once they are summoned, not like with incineration that i cure exor and then when mobs step into i turn me and inci, it is “free aoe as i AA” no worries to recast or anything and each has around 55-60k HP so “MEATWALLS TO ME” (i can keep em full hp with mass heal so they dont die at all)

Effigy -> crap no use :frowning:

Can someone explain to me why none of the builds of chaplain I’ve seen so far, none of them has 5 points in capella? I’m thinking of going Miko, and this is how I will spec my chaplain:
1 Last Rites
5 Magnus
4 Asp
5 Capella

Also because of Capella, I will be getting 5 Stone Skin too. (I am assuming running back to Capella refreshes your buffs)
Thanks for any advice!

And then hopefully Miko hidden quests becomes less of a hell, which I can then use clap to extend Capella…

Capella is a double edge weapon, yes… it refreshes stuff but it does with short duration on em and cost 1k gold per capella and also you have to go in and out of the aura all time to refresh.

Aspersion is better as of lvl 5, and in order to avoid more time just rebuffing 2 points in LR makes it last long enough to not waste much time per bless+aspergi buffs each min adding that LR and others you might want to cast.

I’ve been using the usual cleric2priest3chap1miko1inquisitor1 and so far so good. However I have this uncomfortable feeling that inquisitor doesn’t fit this frame so much. It seems like the class was made for a str based build and we are spr and magic auto attackers. I mean don’t get me wrong the wheel is great but I somehow feel that inquisitor won’t scale or work properly in the future. Somehow it doesn’t feel right that a str based class like inquisitor is the topping on this Auto attack support hybrid build.

I will try chaplain with oracle c3, this work?
full spr…

Yeah I dunno what to do skill wise with my chaplain, or rather its more the priest/pd skills I dunno about. How do chaplain even increase there damage? I mean the aspergilium hit seems to go up but the rest? not so much.

Thanks for the advice.
Just wondering, is it possible that Capella ends up pushing out other buffs from your buff count? Since Asp, Bless, Monstrance, Stone Skin, Sac is already 5. High chance that Div Might, LR, Aspergillum and Revive will get dropped.

I personally dislike Capella, think of it:

Aspersion and Sacrament are useless, you buy them from Pardoners.

Monstrance and Blessing you can just cast them yourself, no big deal.

The only reason people would go for Capella is to have permanent Stone Skin but that was good when Stone Skin used to give block and you’d end pretty much inmune to Physical Damage because of how high your block was.

But now it only gives 20% (at max rank!) decreased damage and it’s not even global, it’s against certain types of DMG, so at it’s current state it’s not worth it in my opinion and you’re better using those points in something else other than Stone Skin or Capella.

Also keep in mind Capella only casts buffs the same lvl you’ve them, replacing valuable buff slots for a lvl 1 Sacrament or Aspersion is not worth it (and even Monstrance is useless in 90% of the cases).

1 Like

Cool, thank you! Yes, I think I should give up on that, maybe put more points in LR and Sacrement for longer uptime.

I assume you were going to use 5 points into Stone Skin, use those on Exorcise and get 5 points into Last Rites, Magnus Exorcismus and Aspergillum, that way you can do Exorcise > Magnus Exorcismus and you can get a huge aoe skill which helps you a lot since Chaplains lacks ways to deal with multiple targets .

Keep in mind Exorcise has a limit of 1-5 mobs depending on lvl before it disappears so cast it in a place without mobs and then use Magnus Exorcismus immediatly to create the zone and kite the mobs there).