Tree of Savior Forum

Post-Patch Chaplain Discussion

Good to see that krivis1 can still be usefull.

I see, guess i’ll just keep trying other R7 for now since we still have a few more days on free reset, atm i’m with kabba and it works really nice, Ein Sof is nice for when someone on your party needs some mp, ill be trying PD1 with today’s reset

Kabba is not that bad, but compared to miko and PD… losses the match, the Kagura dance and the Heal factor + immunities are soooo damn good.

Any opinions on Vienaraziz vs Skull Smasher? It’s really far down the road for me, but from my observation the gap shouldn’t be…that big right? Skull Smasher is prolly BiS/better overall, but if Viena isn’t that far behind I might consider it. Also I know the new hg weapons are a thing too, but I’d rather try to avoid it as it’s ugly as sin LOL.

It’s expensive but I’d go for the Skull Smasher given its huge SPR bonus and thus bigger Blessing.

1 Like

Hey guys ^^
So… I’ve always wanted to test this build (C2-P3-Chap) for 170 solo. What stats are best for AA to deal the most opt damage, and which weapon ?
PS: Using 250 cleric ATM and probably will only use for the 170dg farm. Any other build for soloing that dg faster with a cleric would be welcome as well xD

If you’re really itchin’ for a weapon to use at Lv315+, then go for Vienarasis Mace. Even more so if you’re sick and tired of looking at and using Five Hammer (I know I am). :slight_smile:

It’s in demand enough that after you’ve done all the farming needed for a Skull Smasher, you can still reliably trade out your Vien for a Practonium.

This should still be the end-goal weapon for [most] Chaplains. Can’t beat those high bonuses and that third (3rd) slot.

I am c2 priest3 and chaplain advancement is not showing. What am I doing wrong?

Go to Orsha, talk to the Royal Guard to the right of the Lord. Speak to it repeatedly until the dialogue changes to: something something Chaplain master.

Go to East Siau Woods, near the entrance to Klai, you’ll see two guards, talk to the one below and it’ll tell you something something Chaplain something.

Go to Klaipedia, talk to Priest NPC, after dialogue choices, select “something Chaplain Master something” from the selection.

Then go to Dvasia Peak, talk to Chaplain NPC, this should unlock the advancement option.

2 Likes

Got it thanks. Weird tho, I didnt need to talk to the East Woods guards. :smiley:

1 Like

So i’ve decided to sacrifice 5 aspersion and 4 stone skin points to upgrade revive to 8 points and resurrection to 3 points. The damage loss is noticiable, but won’t make that much difference in the end, the only thing that got me thinking was not upgrading stone skin.

Stone skin looks good but a second chance with 40% HP and 8s invencibility looks better. What do you guys think?

chaps aa are good for soloing but they only start to be a farmer class @ pd 2… i use chap pd2 for farming 315 orange mats and i don’t need potions or even stop to rest due to full spr…

1 Like

Right now I am cleric-Priest3-chap, i am kinda torn on what to do now, I am also full spirit. I have no idea what I want for r7/8, r6 I am thinking of getting cleric for the better heal for partying and divine might. What exactly makes Plague doctor so good that alot of people like it? I looked at the skills and I must be blind because I don’t see it. Also where can I farm those cards that seem to give alot of dex for some reason? And for the five hammer thing, what gems to put in it? matk? phys?

Also thinking of this for my priest skills, Blessing 15, Aspersion 10, Mass Heal 6, Revive 4, ressurection 3, Sacrament 1, monstrance 1 and Exorcise 5

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41222c1ee.1a2a355461.1f233f4251657391.14213545.162a3141566175

this is my chap pd2 setup… people like pd2 for healing factor, pandemic huge aoe range, black death steam that also acts as a status effect for incinerate and anti se skills… pd2 got nerfed this patch but it’s still good.

Skills look good like that, can make some tweaks but still nice.

R6 Cleric is to be able to heal properly at higher levels.

R7 would go as: PD->Miko->Ora/Krivis in my opinion, PD adds one more aoe that can deal dmg once casted when you AA: Incineration. Can add a new heal, heal factor, which for you solo keeps your HP up all time, unless you take shitloads of dmg at a time. Adds inmunities to to most ailment status for quite a long time.

Miko adds some kagura dance for inquis wheel, another aoe castable and then AA, dispeller and longer duration ground circles with broom.

Ora adds magic defenses, see where atks will land on forecast plus atribute to nullify, SP/STA buff (monks and some casters like it), gives slot machine with clairvoyance + reset and last but not least lvl 1 status ailment prevention.

Krivis adds magic amplification + crit, daino by default for more buffs, aukuras for less accuracy on mobs plus less duration on debuffs when close to it, and crappy zaibas.

That is why (selfexplanatory) i order those at R7 for chaps.

With the recent changes in the damage formula, does anybody have a recomendation on when to change the Cafrisun set? im lvl 190 and still using it.

Just to give people an idea of the power Chaplain has currently: I am running an ET group with both a Sapper3/Falconer3 and a Sadhu3/PD2. Both with highly upgraded 315 trans weapons. I have a +8 vien mace only at stage 1 currently.

While they carry the group on the DPS floors, I provide them with ~1200 blessing damage as well as breaking wheel to spread the damage for the falconer, along with my own auto attacks on the wheel. Burn procs result in heavy AOE DPS.

Also I am consistently getting rank 1 in DPS on bosses, since all the bosses have mobs that die quickly and supply the burn on the ground which is essentially another auto-attack. All i do is put up my buffs, Malleus, Breaking Wheel, and then auto-attack the wheel. If I am feeling cheeky I will Pole of Agony and reversi scroll for added dps.

Build is Cleric1 Priest3 Chap Oracle Kabba Inquis. PVP/PVE hybrid.

You can honestly use Cafrisun for as long as you’re able to stay alive. I was using it well into the mid 200’s, even before the huge changes–I imagine it’s even easier now to get away with continuing to use it! Especially if you’ve got some yellow gems in there to bolster your lackluster defense caused by the low-level gear.

As a side note: How the hell do people have the money for the burn attribute on Inquisitor? :V It’s like 500k for level 1! How 2 EZ silver plox.

I replaced my cafrisun set at around lvl 250ish.

With all the DMG I had and Healing Factor from PD I was questing without problems so it 's still pretty viable up to that point, didn’t test it further because I was able to switch my equipment around to something better (I’m also no longer Chaplain, but I used Cafrisun while I was one and up to that point and it felt like a breeze).

Ok great, guess I’ll use it till im dying too much.
Any sugestion on what to change it for?

I sold a pract a while back for 35 Mn and used every cent of it for attributes. When the reset came along I was able to drop Miko so that netted me a lot of points to spend on burn instead.