Tree of Savior Forum

Possible solutions for launch error after April 19 maintenance

Worked for me, thank you :slight_smile:

Seems like it doensā€™t work for those who bought DLC 1 :C

any news? Iā€™m with the exactly same error.

Well I did explain problem, and said that I did everything that was here and so on in my support ticket. You know what IMC support staff did? They told me to take a look for solution in this threadā€¦ :slight_smile: Itā€™s like they didnā€™t even take a look at ticket, and auto reply was used.

Sad man, is because they dont have a answer.
For me worked: I just disabled the DLC so entered in the game, I dont tested if the Levels gained are real, but I played with my character.
Oh and when you disable, check on the ā€œdownload management of Steamā€ because the game will update instantly", before lauch the game.

Of course when they changed the values of the DLCs on Steam something was wrong and everybody was affected, principal the ones who took pac1 first, the lower in cost (not proposital).

Try it and tell me if worked.

Danm i can log in inside game but im getting stock at server selection says those who buy dcl pack has intant access and those who not need to wait 30 days. which it sucks :confused:

I notice on the Server Status page, 3 of the servers are ā€œcrowdedā€. Does that mean that aside from people posting on this thread, everyone else is able to log-in?
I am still unable to log-in, every time I run the client it just gets stuck running in the background.

Iā€™m still having issues. Iā€™ve done all of these and still get an error on the patcher.

I was able to get on this morning, and just like an hour ago, now itā€™s giving me the update failed issue again.

still not working. tsk tsk

I was playing the game from 9:30pm until 10pm EDT, then my game crashed after I pressed N and now Iā€™m unable to play again.

First I got the Update Error, did everything in this post, now the client doesnā€™t give me any feedback (thereā€™s just that load popup) of what is going on and I canā€™t play!!!

Still havenā€™t done daily neither dungeons -_-

can we start getting real possible solutions to fix this? The problem comes back everytime i restart my computer :frowning:

It is just sad that the admin or the management shows little care to us founders. Weā€™ll for me this is a matter they cannot neglect. why? because we paid for the early access. A day that we canā€™t play means that weā€™re not getting the worth of our money.

2 days not being able to log-in, I hope thereā€™s a fix before the weekend.

i copy this from my indonesian forum i hope this work to all of youā€¦ mine workā€¦ credit and anything in that forum postā€¦ :sunglasses:

lol that hyperlink blend with normal wordā€¦

Yeah, wait 1 week more and you can play for free! The $9.99 tier 3 dlc is non-existent at the moment.

I managed to play a few hours ago. Then Iā€™m back on the ā€œWeā€™ve finished updatingā€¦ Please try running the game client againā€ loop. GG wp.

For people who have ā€œupdate fail, pls restart againā€ problem. Here is my solution:
1.Uninstall TOS and delete ā€œTreeOfSaviorā€ from your Steam/Steamapps/common.

2.Reinstall the game again and then DO NOT launch 1st.

3.Restart your pc and open ur tos.exe as admin from Steam/Steamapps/common/treeofsavior/release/patch.

4.Here you go, enjoy.

PS: I meet this problem twice and I did this solution and everything go smooth. Hope it helps~ :smiley:

Thanks! I have updated but get this error, and did what u said, downloaded 5 Files again, and worked without step 2 and 3. just step 1 :smiley:

nope itā€™s pushed back to may.