Tree of Savior Forum

Portuguese volunteer translator

We have experienced people working on the ENG-PT BR translation, one guy works full time as a translator and as for me, I’ve lived in England for 7 years. At least from my part there will be no ‘chamem os tiras’.
Mas concordo, deveriam chamar mais pessoas pra participar, tem muito trabalho pra fazer e pouca gente pra fazer. Mas acho que com menos gente, as traduções ficam menos porcas. (ou não, não sei).
Quem quiser entrar em contato com o ‘chefe’ mande email para contato@brasiltreeofsavior.com

1 Like

The strings have changed since we began translation, but we are keeping up with it. Anyway, this will help us know more about the game. Who knows when they will actually release a PT-BR translation

É biana, espero também que levem a sério, nosso senário já não é dos melhores e ainda aparece gente querendo brincar onde não deve. Que fique interno a zuera e espero que façam com mínimo de profissionalismo possível. abraços!

1 Like

PT-BR:
Eu acredito que com um bom gestor de projeto, as traduções fiquem com qualidade.
Hoje existem vários métodos de controle de versão, exibindo as alterações realizadas no projeto em si.
Fazendo com que o número de tradutores/revisores não afete a qualidade.
O próprio site TriboGamer (site de jogos, traduções) possui
um método que eles utilizam no controle das traduções, o que dá para tirar como
base.

Todo site Brasileiro de ToS tem a obrigação de anunciar e
pedir ajuda na tradução do jogo. E deixar a concorrência com gameplays, conteúdos etc.
Pois isso irá beneficiar bastante os jogadores brasileiros.

1 Like

Concordo plenamente Paulo!

Espero dar minha contribuição e fazer parte do time de tradução para PT-BR

Sabem se existe alguma equipa a traduzir para PT-PT?
Não tenho nada contra em relação ao BR, é uma questão de preferência pessoal.

No começo do tópico tem uns links, dá uma lida.

Não estou a ver que links possas estar a falar, não vejo nada referente a PT-PT.
Podes ser um pouco mais especifico, se faz favor?

Eu não vi nenhum link ou grupo de Português PT. Que tal criar um tópico e juntar uma galera?

Também não, mas também não procurei afincadamente. Algumas pessoas daqui, que andam por aí, podiam ter encontrado um grupo ou ouvido falar. Tendo em conta que não, o mais provável é não existir.
Oh well, obrigado pela info.

Cria um, da mesma forma que eu criei.
Recomendo-lhe que entre no Reddit lá o fórum é maior, e tem muito pt-pt lá.

1 Like

To whom it may concern, as a portuguese native speaker and with a bachelor degree in portugues, I would like to help revising portugues translations.

Anyone willing to tell me how to proceede?

Thanks in advance,
Bruno

edited: brazilian portuguese

I want to help too.

I was dev and translator of eAthena/Cronus.

I can help translate but that’s from english to portuguese only im afraid

The thing is, the more people working on the same translation, more messy this translation can end up being. I mean, there can be a lot of translations for the same word. I guess this is already happening even in this closed group. Now imagine if there were like 50 or more people doing the same texts.

That said, it is pretty hard and confusing to translate from a work-in-progress translation. There are tons of phrases that don’t make any sense, and lots of times I have to look them up in korean to make sense, and then translate from korean (yes, I’m helping with the translation too). The work is being a lot harder than it would be if the english was 100%.

If a line is mistranslanted from english to begin with, how the portuguese translator will know it, if he doesn’t understand korean to check the original? And if he does translate from korean, it would be a lot more time consuming.

Personally, I think that translate from a translation isn’t a good idea at all. Korean -> English -> Portuguese will end up creating a whole lot of mistakes and senseless dialogs. If quality is a concern, it would be incredibly better if we get people that are able to translate from korean instead, and translate directly from the original.

I’m trying to do my best and provide the most accurate translation I can, but I can’t help but worry about the result of this translation project.

And I hope people with Beta Keys are using them well, to help the translation by discovering stuff and getting context for the lines, instead of just playing and having a good time. The most hard parts are lines that don’t make sense without any context.

6 Likes

Yes, i concur, as for my post i’m just leaving out there that i’m willing to help if needed

Também tô aqui pra dar uma força se precisarem de ajuda na tradução de inglês pra português. Fiz letras com ênfase em tradução e tenho uma bagagem boa com linguagem de MMO.

Brazilian players should not be forced to play with the translation once its done though. I hate when publishers do that kind of sheet.

After playing the beta things made much more sense and so I could improve a lot on the translation. But because I cant oversee what other people are doing I’m very worried as well. I think all we can say is that it’s a work in progress and it will be improved once the rough translations are out of the way.
I’m trying to provide the most accurate service too, but I see a lot of people trying to get into it claiming they’re fluent when they make the most basic language mistakes. I just hope the final product will be very polished and not embarrassing like a lot of Portuguese fansubs I see around.

Eu estou trabalhando em uma tradução pra portugues 2 dias antes de sair o CBT Coreano.
Ia postar uma imagem mas não dá!