Tree of Savior Forum

Population dropping again? V2

nothing new, ofc everyone would be in hibernate state :))

totally agree.:+1:

1 Like

At least the amount of people advertising other games is gone.

Planned to play for the whole night tonight.
Went to some >290 maps to farm and they were just full of necro alts.
shuts down ToS

Over time, the sheer extent of afk-farming / alt accounts / macro’ing / RMT’ing / exploiting / multi-boxing has eaten away the enthusiasm I have for the game. Massively much more so than unbalanced classes and buggy game. And especially when accounts are still running around that should have been banned months ago.

All current and future competitive and ranked content is dead-in-the-water for anyone who doesn’t employ these methods. And having every single channel of some maps populated by necros and/or botting ruins the experience and rewards of PvE content, especially now that they’re infiltrating end-game maps.

Anyone who thinks this is harmless needs to look no further. It’s stopped me from financially supporting the game and playing for hours each night for some time now. It’s a drop in the ocean but another reason contributing to the low population and lack of updates.

The only respite I think we’ll get is some solo PvE content with r9. Other than that? Nothing short of a fresh moderated server will fix this game. :smile:

17 Likes

Given how long it has taken to do something about it, Obviously our dev’s doesnt think this is a serious issue,

1 Like

It was doing well in combat change update, GM Meeting/Dev Blog/Fast Update, but become lackluster since then. Now the pace is very slow, beside farming there is nothing to do in game. I also feel many old players finally left the game quietly

HG is a good content, but the variation is so limited, if the drop items as dynamic as Diablo2/3, it would make the HG much more interesting.

Build diversity is what keeping the game alive, as proven in reset event, but as previous event and compensation that milking on this feature, the direction is kind of lost at the moment.

We expect some major balancing, PvP/GvG revamp and more Guild Contents for PvE or non-battle before Rank 9, but there are almost no information since few months dev blogs stated that. At the same time, we get fishing and minor balancing which is quite off.

Once again, we back into stagnant period of Jan-March early this year.

1 Like

I refuse to believe that, with every “new player” event we had, imc doesn’t know that actually NO ONE new is joining the game. They are just artificially increasing population size with alts.

I guess they are just making time until they figure out what to do to keep the game alive. But, as I said many times, transcendence system was the biggest mistake. Even now after combat changes you can build full con an still out damage most builds with a good transcended weapon.

Also dailies are so freaking boring. Jesus christ.

6 Likes

Why in this game full con can be on par and sometimes better than glasscanons, why the boss in this game don’t have enough block and %dodge so full con will deal almost no damage at all like in hundreds of western type games?
We reached a point where full con with aukuras level 15 scrolls don’t need a single heal the entire fight while normal damage dealers or glasscannons will have damage counter reset because they just die.

1 Like

Trans system may prove to kill the game in the end. But on the flip side, it’s lining IMC’s pockets with $.

2 Likes

I actually think it’s fine to have the most damage come from your weapon and not your stats, it’s only natural (otherwise we’d run around with all brawn and no need for a weapon at all). Full CON has a little disadvantage at dealing damage, and that’s about fine, because on the other hand you don’t get as much back for going full CON.

E.g. if you go full CON with Cleric (i.e. 365 points invested in CON), you’re at 72.892 HP at max level, while 0 CON leaves you with 22.017 HP. Given that you can get a lot of extra CON from cards,accessories,armor and even some weaponry, you can easily get enough CON to reach around 30-40k HP, while it’s hard to have as much INT/STR because most weapons&equips simply don’t feature that many stats to compensate for not having INT/STR (i.e. you lose around 900 patk/matk, which is ~ equivalent to 4-5 transcendence stages of a current lvl 315 rare-unique tier weapon).

Also,you have to accept that with the armor update, the effective HP got already increased by 1,6-2,5 times, so there’s no need to bolster up that much anymore through CON since there is no defence disregard/fixed damage mechanic in this game.
This also makes block and evasion seem kinda bad options to reduce incoming damage…

This game still unbalaced for some class and build, overpriced CS items, worst desinged events , non reward daily quests, trans system fkn fail too… u need to do million times saalus to ench your gears…This game totally boring we quit this game after 1700 hour whatta waste of time…And Fkn AFK farmers, multi boxers u guys killed that game.

Sorry for painful english.

5 Likes

Ehi guys, if you wanna quit the game, quit it. Don’t spend your time in order to find some excuses to write here. No one wanna force you to play ToS.

And that is exactly what people are doing, which is why the population is dropping so much.

5 Likes

The game got boring . . . Back to hibernation again. Wonder how long it will last

3 Likes

figured it would drop really soon considering they still lack with the drops, pvp and guild vs guild content.

3 Likes

Meanwhile…

IMG_3649

1 Like

Honestly I don’t think even R9 can save this game now. Considering I mean the game was actually really fun back when we only had R7, and the population nose dived after we finally got R8…

5 Likes

Yeah, I left when R8 came out because there was no reset and didn’t feel like remaking all my characters from scratch. Came back when there was a reset.

From other people in my guild at the time, they reacted exactly the same way as me.

3 Likes

2,331 playing an hour ago
2,439 24-hour peak

:slightly_smiling_face:

School will start soon so the new 24-hour peak makes sense. It will probably dip a bit more once school starts.

1 Like

well, Thailand TOS just launched CBT and many thai players i know are moving there, or testing. don’t know if they’ll stay there, but i’m sure this is one of the reasons.

1 Like