Tree of Savior Forum

[POLL] Will you quit if IMC implements circle resets?

Game had already became rather p2w with attributes doubling the damage of skills in exchange for nothing but a mountain of gold.

Not having class resets just ends up hurting the general appeal and image of the game since alot of people who hit a wall/fall way short of average because of their build will just stop logging in rather than invest all the time needed to level another char (cryo3sorc playerbase is a good example of this), and because it greatly stifles build experimentation (way too much time investment just to see how certain things tick).

Not to mention the fact that you could’ve went above and beyond due diligence with your build and still get completely screwed over by a new rank or a nerf.

1 Like

Yeah, cool. Making your life as Swordy without taunt for 279 levels unnecessarily harder is a way we definitely must go. Because only spiking pain is fun. And how many just showed that concept the middle finger and started playing elememe? Probably every thrid player has one while others are never picked. Great concept, really.

Not really sure what you’re trying to say. People play ele (or specifically wiz3ele3wl) because it’s a good build. People played (past tense) cryo3sorc because they thought it would be good, but it wasn’t, and now most of them have either quit or no longer play the char.

My whole point is that because there’s no class resets they didn’t even have the option of tweaking the build to be better with the insight they gained through playing it/trying other things without having to just leave their old char to rot.

1 Like

They are planning to go to lv 600 right?

I quit if i have to reroll all that crap.

3 Likes

This is something in which the ‘anti-reset’ side strongly oppose. I too, support the idea of resetting back to the level you want to reset to and level back with accelerated exp gains rather than a “click, use, bam finished” item.

You forgot the other side of the coin for this. If ample reset opportunities are given, Players would reset to hunter, test for a short while and reset back to another build cuz hunter doesn’t make the cut for them.

That will end up with even lesser hunters out there.

Probably by then there will be some form of way to make players tweak their builds (hopefully not those 1 click “hey its done” kind of item). There is enough content then to warrant this functionality to be added.

I don’t have to care if there are or aren’t resets. I didn’t invest all of my current time to let something as simple as a class reset ruin the fun I have with ToS.

If you’re so narrow minded as to give up something you enjoy to something that won’t change how YOU do things, then all the more power to you.

It’s like you quit enjoying bike riding because someone else gets a pair of training wheels.

3 Likes

It depend how is the implementation, I would be okay if they are given in event rewards once or twice per year.
But definitely not selling as TP Items

I’ve created 6 characters, but 2-3 actually quite wrong but I still have not deleted (especially initial character with highest achievement), it would be good for me to make them great again without reinvest the efforts.

I always wonder about you “well it doesn’t affect you” types. I’m going to drop the baiting game and be straight up about the consequences we’re looking at here.

Firstly, your analogy is inapplicable. You cannot compare training wheels to this because our individual ToS experience is directly defined by our interactions with others, be that in pvp, bossing, competing for drops, or that silly little number over our heads. Everything we do in this game is influenced by the actions of others. For your analogy to work, I’d have to be in a race with the person getting the training wheels, and they’d need little motors to push them closer to my speed.

What the class reset really is is a handicap. It closes the gap between the most intelligent and least intelligent players, and also the most lucky ones (via unpredictable class changes) and the unlucky ones. The latter closer is unquestionably good. The former is arguably bad, if you are the kind of achievement oriented MMO enthusiast who likes harsh character systems that penalize ignorance and reward foresight/creativity.

What most people have forgotten (or never really knew/understood) is that this game was billed as exactly that. During development, during beta, this game was advertised and sold to its founding supporters as a one of those hardcore character spec-based MMOs. This was a huge reason I paid $50 for a founder’s pack. That was the type of game I wanted, and I’m not wrong for wanting it. No one is wrong to like or dislike a style of game, and that certainly applies to casuals who want an easy class system.

I have a right and an obligation to be pissed off about this change because the game is not what I paid for. There’s a lot of other things in that category, of course. I won’t get into them here.

That said, I have a question for you. Personally, at what point do handicaps shoving people up to your level (or past you) start bothering you? Where’s the line? Would you be okay with people buying cards, for example? That “doesn’t affect you” in the same way that other people having unrestricted class resets “doesn’t affect me”. The example is a little extreme, but the principle is exactly the same.

How about bee farming? I hear a lot of bee farmers say, “well, it doesn’t affect other people, so it’s OK”. But it really does affect other people. The bee farmers have way more silver to spend on attributes and therefore have flat out better characters. Same principle, again.

Do you see where I’m going with this? Every convenience change subtly and profoundly alters the community of a game. Whether or not you desire the global changes class resets will have on the game and its community, you must acknowledge that the impact it has will be felt by the overwhelming majority of players.

1 Like

Friend, things change. As you can tell, the population dropped quite a bit.

I have 10 alts all 200+. Leveling up is not fun, in fact it’s a waste of time. Time is so important, why do you want to waste it on mundane boring tasks?

Smart people will always be smart and the same goes to dumb people. That, class reset can’t change. You will always pull ahead if you’re smart enough.

You have the right but not an obligation to be pissed off.

You have the choice to afk farm as well and not be left behind. However, you won’t because levelling is painful.

WoW was also marketed as a grindy game when it came out. Things changed and it’s still the most played mmo, isn’t it?

As you can tell, I am in favour of class reset. It’s not a handicap system, it’s a time-wasting prevention system.

2 Likes

That’s just the thing people don’t seem to understand. This game is all about attributes. You reset you class you lose all your attributes, therefore it won’t really affect anything. I want to see people who invested 80mil on an attribute class reset, they won’t.

3 Likes

If you wanna be elite, your focus should be on your individual achievements, be it you’re a top pvp player, top pve player, GvG, ET clearer, etc.

If anything it looks more like the only thing that you have going for you to even feel competitive is your class. It’s a rather sad existence you have there if that’s the case.

Ranks resets, should be only allow after X amount of circles have been reached. For me, every 4 circles is ok. This way, if you get screwed over your second circle of whatever rank, then you should be able to reset THAT specific rank only, nothing prior.

Let’s say I went, rank 8 murmillo, thinking C2 is going to be the sheeeeit! and found out it isn’t and circle 3 is even worse… then I should be allowed to reset THIS specific Rank (8), nothing else.

Meh, what does IMC care?
Their focus is to keep you playing so you can keep on paying :smiley:

Up next: Halloween costumes for all classes. Be prepared to spend money ang get IMC’ed.

1 Like

They certainly do. The industry and genre are not what I fell in love with. I’m quitting FFXIV for an eerily similar reason, related to how they structure raid content and gear itemization.

But it’s interesting you’re bringing forward WoW as an example of “change is good”. There’s something I’d like to show you.

WoW’s growth during Vanilla was unprecedented. It’s unforgiving raid structure and lack of convenient features, such as but not limited to: no easy leveling, skill respecs cost more and more each time you used them, limiting their use, slow travel, no party matching, and no access to top tier gear without being an elite 40-man raider or part of a pvp static, well. All of these things would have people screaming bloody murder on forums today.

But look at the growth rates. When The Burning Crusade came out and epics were easier to get and raids shrunk to 25/10 people, the growth rates slowed.

Then Wrath of the Lich King came out, and raids got easy and hard modes, so that more people of different skills could experience the content. The growth stopped.

Then came Cataclysm, which introduced raid finder, true easy mode. Everyone did every raid saw all content and got easy epic gear without ever having to suffer the tedium of organizing groups. People steamrolled through this and then quit. Cataclysm was the beginning of a long, slow death for WoW.

Legion is doing so badly that Blizzard now refuses to release subscription numbers. Blizzard has made their game more convenient and more accessible at every turn and abolished all forms of mandatory hardcore play. They’ve made every “right move”, as far as listening to what people ask for. Look where it got them.

Perhaps what players ask for and what they should given is not the same.

What does this rant have to do with ToS? Not much - ToS was doomed by its awful engine and ineffective anti-RMT measures that made normal play awful for normal players. Obviously some things players ask for they need to get, but those are basic functions, not convenience matters.

But if you really think about it, it teaches a curious lesson. Don’t point to WoW about the successfulness of convenience changes. They’re slowly killing it.

Reset?.Nice! why not?
My team said “build new meta character for ET run” otherwise they gonna kick my ass from party.

1 Like

I’m going to laugh when rank 8 is added. Mobs at level 300+ have 500k hp and can hit for 20k damage. You’re all going to get destroyed once you get to this level. I’ve seen entire Korean parties wipe in seconds because a quest dropped 10 mobs like this on them.

If your build isn’t focused on Kabbalist or Featherfoot, delete your character now and remake it. Your build is trash for level 300+.

Eh why is kabbalist involved? Cuz of Merkabah attribute?

It was late for me yesterday.

That’s inaccurate. The reason why WoW isn’t as big today as it was years ago is because the whole genre is not as popular anymore. Basically, MMOs are considered time sinks and people just don’t wanna waste time anymore, specially the newer generation.

Can’t compare something that happened in 2006-2007 to now. We also have a lot more games nowadays that are way more popular, like LOL and Dota2.

Let’s face it, MMOs are just not that popular anymore and these companies are here to make money and cater to as many people as possible and not the very few hardcore elitists.

4 Likes

How is this circle reset going to affect your character in anyway? You picked the good synergistic circles? great, others might not be so fortunate in their choice due to lack of info / experience… They might not want to restart all over and may just quit instead, espcially seeing how they have invested time on it… Just focus on whether or not you enjoy the game, will you? This circle reset thingie DOES NOT affect your character in any way, only more option if you somehow screw up in the future. Stop being so toxic.

Paying TP for it is well deserved… People actually do work to make this game available for us to play, and they also put much effort to provide more content. Else the game is going to stagnate and people will get bored.

1 Like