Tree of Savior Forum

[Poll] Transcendence System

^ THIS. I always believed dailies are only OK if they aren’t forced. Dailies are pseudo-content, perhaps can be considered supplementary - they shouldn’t be the core reason why you want to login to the game everyday. :smiley:

5 Likes

Agree, it will be hard to think of something which is not considered as a daily yet not cheapen the hard work done by others in the pre-transcend change period though. Any ideas on how to improve on this?

We need a mastery system rather than stat and transcendence rework imo. It would be similar to PoE but less extensive. It will have sub tree/categories of elemental specialization,/stat specialization/ special effects/. You can have 4 different masteries saved per character with changing it everytime costing either silver or TP. Also you can choose which mastery to use before you queue in dungeon or PVP. I feel like it will be a nice and interesting thing to play around rather than stats that you can’t play around all the time in-game. I feel like a rework ends up cucking a portion of the population while at the same time ends up reworking every single balance patch and mobs which could end up in a disaster. I think they’re reworking damage formula but if you really into one class, you better record everything now with your damages. Once that comes out, you better have a comparison just in case you get screwed over.

1 Like

^Masteries cant be multiplied by transcendence but could be more powerful or as powerful. IMC didnt undervalued transcendence, given for everyone, seems balance to me. Meaning no need to change trans or nerf it, just introduce something so everyone will not feel cocked or IMCed.

I actually really recommend a similar system to the mana system from Heroes of Incredible Tales. It provides a small % based bonus per mana that’s fused into your equipment. It caps at 99. The mana itself is semi rare and requires commitment to max. The bonus stats themselves are decent but new equipment is always better, the most mana does is make content easier, maybe lets you do certain parts faster, and still gives you an advantage over those without it, but not by enough to be noncompetitive. I really think this would work within Tree of Savior’s context, and it’s something I’d perhaps want to make a full suggestion for in its own thread.

I hope you make your proposed system its own thread too, it’s very decent and something that the Staff should see with dedicated discussion.

4 Likes

Transcendence system with 550% dmg boost, almost no skill with% dmg bonus. Stats and skills in general giving bonus flat values. Oh gosh :sob:

7 Likes

That’s not even close being an argument.

It’s not an argument because it’s a fact.

7 Likes

It’s not an argument because, even if it is a fact (not always true, I’m almost at T8), it doesn’t support his idea of completely removing trans just because some people RMT’d their stuff. If you believe simply removing trans is the solution then you’re a filthy casual who needs to stop whining and start farming.

Hue

What’s your idea, then? Just return trans materials to being untradable? Oh, too late, everyone already RMT’d their RMT’d BIS gear to max trans.

Not to mention the system is garbage to begin with. Do this single instance every day on all your characters just to get some shards that will make your equipment absurdly strong, and if you don’t you won’t even have enough attack to damage anything. K. Brilliant. What a great way to completely kill a game.

How about if you just had a chance to get blessed shards from any dungeon boss cube, world boss cube (bringing back a reason to even do WBs), TBL store, earth tower, and a small chance to receive a shard drop from giant monsters in hunting grounds and shiny white/gold monsters? Hey look I came up with a better system for receiving shards and it took me less than a minute. Unfortunately it’s too late because RMT trans has already ■■■■■■ the game.

If it were nerfed down into a reasonable bonus like +5% extra attack per trans level you’d still complain about all your precious farming time being wasted. And it would still be a bad system because it still leaves out a bunch of equipment that has lower base attack in favor of elemental attack etc. which kills the variety of equipment that can be added to the game and used.

7 Likes

His idea is the status quo, like everyone else shooting down ideas to reform transcendence, because they currently benefit from it.

1 Like

When you use hyperbole like this your argument loses weight. Learn not to do it. Also, I don’t have to offer a solution to criticize the ones you’re offering.

The daily chores system IS garbage, there are some people who like it, but most players don’t. I agree shards should be made more accesible through more ways, even make new ways for it. Making trans easier to get is a good band-aid.

Why do people care about RMT trans? the only way these people affect you is in pvp, and pvp has always been an unbalanced shithole in this game, I seriously don’t get it.

Of course I would, holy ■■■■, that’s a terrible solution if there’s no compensation.

People complain about RMT trans because the system is p2w and it’s not just PvP, as you need transcended equipment for all endgame PvE content as well.

2 Likes

You don’t need more than trans 5 for most classes to complete solmiki 30f, with a good strategy, of course. Getting t5 takes a month and a half if you dedicate yourself to it. All 300+ maps are soloable now after the nerfs. What content are you referrng to?

I am referring to ET, but it doesn’t matter if you can reach t10 if you really really really really dedicate yourself to it, the problem is that the system itself is p2w. And people don’t like p2w systems even in a f2p MMO.

2 Likes

By that logic, everything is p2w.

But it doesn’t HAVE to be p2w.

2 Likes

You can buy stuff with irl money in every game, by your logic, every game is p2w.

No…in games like LoL for example you can only buy heroes and skins. Nothing that affects gameplay.

Transcendence itself in its first iteration WAS NOT P2W.

2 Likes