Tree of Savior Forum

[Poll] Transcendence System

LoL is not an MMORPG. Should’ve specified my previous point, every MMORPG is p2w by your logic.

Path of Exile from what I heard is not P2W.

Tree of savior before rank 8 was not Pay 2 Win.

2 Likes

RMT has always been in this game, it’s more notorious now because trans gives huge boosts, but RMT’ing for better gears and attributes have always been a thing.

I don’t see how ToS is now p2w, I’ve already told you it’s possible to do all content in this game without paying for anything, r8 maps are now easy, solmiki does requiere some trans levels, but that’s the point, it’s the hardest content we have right now and you don’t need much to get to 30f.

The only aspect of this game that’s somewhat p2w is pvp, and even then, jsut make some bs cleric build and you’re good.

Just becuz you say its not p2w doesnt make it true. In most ppl’s eyes it is p2w just look at the poll results.

6 Likes

I could say the same about you :slight_smile: Ignoring all the points I’m making with such a weak statement, good ■■■■, I’ll mute this thread full of whiners.

Childish way to end a debate. You look like you got triggered.

8 Likes

LOL there’s no debate when one part completely ignores the others’ points and then says “just cuz u say its not tru1!!!” and I’m the childish one :slight_smile: tos forums

Right now transcendence ISN’T pay2win. Currently its RMT to win. Your not paying IMC anything in this situation except your time.

8 Likes

Wrong, they directly effect me by supporting bots and gold farmers and ■■■■■■■ up the economy with massive inflation. Nice try.

7 Likes

If that’s how they affect you, then the root of all your problems is IMC’s lack of action against RMT, not trans itself. I don’t see how RMT’ing shards ■■■■■ up the economy, if anything it increases shard prices once they disappear from the market, which should be beneficial to casuals. Also, what inflation? token at 3m+? if you’re in klaip, that’s caused by some rich assholes hoarding them.

I agree trans is a bad system that should’ve never been implemented, at least shards should’ve remained untradable and then made easier to obtain, but it’s too late now, and just removing trans will negatively impact that awesome number of 3k.

Right, but as pointed out earlier you’re against even nerfing it to a reasonable level. So basically you’re acknowledging it’s a terrible system and bad for the game, but because you already invested in it we have to keep it forever or you’ll throw a fit.

Honestly if we got rid of this ■■■■ system and all the rest, maybe you and the RMTers would quit, but the game would probably grow because it would no longer be so ■■■■.

1 Like

IMC is against nerfing the boosts, they’ve already stated that, it’s not gonna happen. A real solution to trans that doesn’t really negatively impact most parts is to make shards abundant or decrease gem requierements, which I think IMC has talked about.

Acknowledging? I’ve never said it’s a good system. I’m also not saying we should keep it right as it is forever. You people know no middle ground, huh?

Trans isn’t even in the top 10 problems in this game LOL

Maybe not the most pressing, but I and a lot of other players think it’s there in the top 10.

It’s definitely a ticking realization timebomb for new players especially for those who didn’t go the meta/optimal route for their builds.

4 Likes

Transcendence is definitely within the top ranks of issues needed to be solved. Granted it isn’t the root of the inbalances felt in the game, but it certainly amplifies them, making the divide wider.

If we take transcendence out of the picture, we can actually see that weapon atk power balances out with the attack power gained from core stats. R8 base 400-500 p/matk weapons is equivalent to the p/matk power a character will gain if they choose to invest their core stat. It is balanced in that regard.

However, with skill damage reaching thousands, it already severely hurts both core stats and itemisation. Now they add transcendence to the mix, increasing the gap between weapon/equipment vs core stats, worsening and leading to the issue we have now, INT/STR being underpowered and worthless.

Next is the issue of balance between classes, transcendence may have helped classes become viable, but the same equipment used by the already balanced classes increases the divide even more since they deal more damage in the beginning.

Transcendence is a good idea for end game imo, but it is pushed out far too early at this stage of the game. It should be kept at least till R10 is out, and all the classes are already balanced. Having it out now is just increasing the problems the game already has. Which is why my recommendation is to change how the current transcendence work, provide compensation to those who are invested in it. When R10 is out then reintroduce the same equipment enhancing system, at that time where (hopefully) everything is balanced then this system will be a boon rather than a bane.

7 Likes

You’re very naive or ignorant if you believe that. A new player gets into the game, struggles through the low level problems, then reaches rank 8 and looks around and wonders “Why does everyone else’s weapon have 20x the attack my weapon has?” then realizes they have to either grind for months on multiple alts or RMT to catch up, that is absolutely a ■■■■■■■ problem and I sure as hell wouldn’t continue to play the game if that were me.

Make shards more abundant is easy enough to say, but how abundant is abundant enough? If you’re against removing it entirely, I imagine you’d be against making it so common that you could fully transcend your weapon in a week, right? So we’d still be seeing people farming for months to achieve adequate transcendence to even play the game, and it’d still make it so you pool all the resources from your alts into a single character which goes against the spirit of the game, it still invalidates many weapons and creates imbalances (Weapon with 50 base attack and 100 elemental attack vs. weapon with 150 base attack is relatively even without transcendence - with transcendence the high base attack weapon is VASTLY superior), it’s just overall a shitty idea to include in the game. Edit: Also the stat imbalance @Nekorin points out, though stats are badly in need of reworking as well, transcendence definitely makes the imbalance much worse. Why would you ever waste points on INT/STR when transcendence exists? A guy with a transcended white/common weapon and 0 STR is going to hit harder than someone with an untranscended orange weapon and full STR.

If you make it easily available to anyone, it’s the same as it being removed except it still continues to create problems. If you keep it a huge grind, it’s detrimental to the health of the game. It straight up needs to go or be seriously reworked to not be the single biggest power spike of anything in the game.

11 Likes

You pointed out everything.

When Trans first came out it was impossible to max. It was like they created a placeholder that they could deal with later in the future, while allowing players to work on goals that are initially sensible, same deal with Gems (hence we don’t use lvl 10 gems), and Team level.

By making it tradable they allowed a very small amount of the community to ■■■■ up what was basically gated so that they wouldn’t need to fix it until about a year and a half+ if that because the time commitment was that long.

At some point they have to cut their losses and just decide to fix their ■■■■.
The longer they postpone it the worse the situation gets.

5 Likes

Tradeable within team only would be acceptable. But then they went ahead to make it fully tradeable. So much fun.

Now we wait for next Monday for their grand plans on how to rework transcendence without screwing both sides.

2 Likes

They should just give compensation and rework it alongside Solmiki, stats, and skills. That and they should add another mastery type tree to promote really diverse builds. As someone who farmed for my shards, it’s really easy to know that the system is not really a smart idea. Okay even if you farmed for one character with all your alts or if you farmed hard enough with your main char, you gotta do the same for your alts… Single hit skills get cucked so hard because mobs are designed in endgame to have 3m hp to match high transcendence. I’m only really half against reworking trans though because no one really did the math as to how much single skill will be reworked from each of the classes and IMC kinda just throws numbers out of the window a lot of times lol. For that I know transcendence right now is not working out but stay neutral in my stance due to IMC balancing.

@MagicOne Yeah I remember before they made it tradable, I was saving up cubes and actually re-rolled them. One week later, they end up making them tradable and few days later we see people running around Trans 10 lol.

2 Likes

i honestly don’t want to bother playing tos until transcendence is nerfed drastically or infact removed since the game never needed this bull crap content to begin with, even the koreans were complaining about it, besides new players will hardly stay as long as transcendence stays game breaking.
@STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Amy

1 Like