Tree of Savior Forum

[Poll] Transcendence System

Thats always the case for every MMO. Example boss equips, i would sell this to players, do i also hamper my progress because i sold the end game equips for others? Transcend is the same for rare equips from other MMO. Im trying to teach you, seems like youre a new player playing MMORPG.

On the contrary. Hell we already have rare equips on others.
Hereā€™s a key difference WITHIN tree of savior.
You want some Roxona Gloves and I want some Roxona Gloves.
It may take me 30 hours of farming to find 1 but I sell you mine anyways.

Now you want shards and I want shards weā€™re both at stage 9 and need 700 shards for stage 10. It Will take up assuming we donā€™t get a lucky gem drop 117 each to reach this stage without someone else sacrificng things for us.

30 hours vs 117 days aka 4 months for 1 progression Step

Weā€™re talking 1, equipment slot.
Going even further there are several alternatives to this step. In fact we got an update dedicated to providing more equipment alternatives in hunting grounds.
You have World Bosses, Dungeons, general mobs, crafting and hunting grounds to acquire gear.

I can buy the shards from someone else but the 117 days equivalence remains the same as a collective less I or someone else create characters with no intention of utilizing this mechanic. There is nothing in this game that has the same time commitment as Transendance, which doesnā€™t make the game trivial as there are a lot of progression mechanics for players to consider. Their Attributes, pets, acquiring the gear, anvil upgrades, alchemy, gems, cards, leveling and collectibles.

IMC already knows itā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up with transendance. So I suppose Iā€™m blowing air in this discussion with you.

4 Likes

The difference between shards and boss equipments for ToS is, boss equipments arenā€™t really a necessity for a player to progress normally in pve content. That player can still survive well and do ok with alternative equipments.

Back to transcendence, it is a must have in order to progress. If a character trades away his/her shards, it is giving away the chance to progress to another. The other alternative is to achieve high enhancement values on equipment but flat value increments fall short against % increments.

4 Likes

Ill just talk to you instead. Youre mistaking the argument, because Delca say some players are using transcend to sacrifice himself so others would get better. Which is false because that trading is always happening whether it is transcendence in TOS or rare equips of other game. What i mean with boss and transcendence is you cant use the argment someone is sacrificing when you could get the ā€œspecific itemsā€ in the future as long as there are players playing the game.

The argument of 500 players sacrifice for 1 person is so stupid. You could try to defend that. Because thats his whole argument.

Um, can you disprove that argument?

Why would keeping transcendance be helpful to any content going forward? Transcendance 10 is far fetched to many, if they even dare to balance content based on transcendance 10 your game population will plumit.

Iā€™m mostly afraid of IMC balancing the game to transcendance than for the base content, why? because they added transcendance.

It sure will be fun being hit 1K with transcendance 10 full armor while hiting 2K with transcendance 10 weapons, meanwhile everyone else is being hit 1 Million and hits 1. Granted, this is the worst case scenario. But I fear this scenario.

6 Likes
4 Likes

It means what it means. Trading rare equips are common practice for every MMO with trading system. Why would cry about someone selling his hardcore equips for something in return? Thats the argument.

That doesnā€™t discredit the argument Iā€™m afraid.

Have fun passing you trans 10 weapon to your alt, oh wait.

4 Likes

It means its flawed to the core, thats why you cant defend it. Trading is common practice. Transcendence and rare equips from other games is the same. Saying you sacrificed because you looted that rares and traded to others is stupid.

Does it though?
Time investment that is passed onto someone else != an item spawning out of thin air.

How long does it take for the collective to obtain the required gems for 1 transcendance 10 item vs how long it would take for a chance at a world boss item?

There are multiple boss items and one can trade the one that doesnā€™t fits to oneā€™s character for someone elses stuff. This is because those items appear out of thin air completed at once.

Transcendance 10 is wholly different, it takes way too long in time. Someone pays the toll and a hefty one.

4 Likes

How long does it take to get boss card in ragnarok? If I traded that, did i sacrifice myself and will cry with the buyer about having my golden thief bug card? Transcendence is the same. You gave efforts and traded it with equal value.

Top Tier gear is almost all cases is untradable and generally a reward for completing the current end-game content (such as Solmiki gear in ToS).
Hell that is currently the case in Tree of savior. You apply your transcendence it becomes untradable.

Not to mention Gear often being class/build dependant so not all gear is useful to all players unlike transcendence or an anvil upgrade (which is fairly accessible)

4 Likes

Is it?
Is it really?
Ragnarok has no dealings here anyway.

Think about this for a second, for 1 item transcended to stage 10, how many man hours are put in there, how much silver is put in there? vs a world boss item.

4 Likes

You need months of efforts to get boss cards or other rares from other games. The effort is the same but the people whining is not. Maybe the people of ragnarok is much more tolerant. However majority of TOS players or rather vocal whiners are more visible here.

Do come to me with the maths and come to the realization that it is a phenomenal amount of work for 1 item to be at stage 10.

In tree of savior it is absolutely necessary to have a transcended weapon to have an easy time in certain content and it is required to beat other content.

4 Likes

Thats not the argument. I understand youre having a hardtime trying to defend the ā€œsacrificeā€ example of Delca. Just accept it is bad example then we can move forward. Because you butt in not knowing what the argument is all about

sigh

Mr expert in the argument, you hereby declare knowing all the ins and outs of @Delcas argument and proclaim to the world with such just and in depth knowledge of the argument that your word and only your word is from now on LAW.

Given your new status you are required to announce the world all the flaws and rights of the argument with exquisite detail.

Failing to do so will evidence your ignorance in the matter and your words shall be dismissed.

Thank your very much.

4 Likes

I mean its common practice to know what the subject at hand before you can argue about something. You cant accept the fact that tradable rares and transcendence is the same with other games. Both can be traded and acquire in the future. Saying you sacrificed for others is just playing victim.

You are hereby dismissed, sir.
Try again with a new argument, please.

4 Likes

Youā€™re still firing blanks.

There is nothing comparable in time management between Trans and Anything else in this game. The closest is probably collections where each individual part is still far more feasible than trans.

You donā€™t have to ā€œsacrificeā€ anything to begin with. What Iā€™ve blatently told you is that in order to acquire this faster than itā€™s time gating allows. Shards have to be redistributed sacrificed from one character to another as the time commitment of Trans 10 just for 1 weapon, ignoring the armor, sub weapon and accessory sets requires by itself 472 days or 2830 shards, bar getting lucky with Saalus dropping gems. This is the best case individual contribution playing everyday. (if you do not reroll or do not have a token, then lmfao*.

This astronomical requirement is only alleviated by the distribution of shards by other characters, whether they are yours or someeone elses, forsaking or postponing their own 472 day requirement. Selling shards so that an individual can reduce their astronomical requirement. Thatā€™s a RETARDED amount of investment, and itā€™s for 1 equipment slot.

You canā€™t compare this to simple end-game gear.
If no one sells shards again its 472 days to hit that Stage 10 without trading amongst your characters or being on the marketplace. Just for the weapon. Add all your other equipment slots, and transcendence is a completely unrealistic system which requires a large portion of a playerbase (or in ToS, Characterbase) fund a small portion of characters in order for anyone to actually make meaningful progress to this goal.

Mind you Gems are in a similar predicament, but their commitment in days is drastically less for significantly smaller differences between tiers. Same with Cards, same with gear in general. Itā€™s trans that is so far out of proportion with the rest of the game that itā€™s only realistically practical with the benching of other characters to fund 1 (IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE YOURS).

5 Likes