Tree of Savior Forum

[Poll] Transcendence System

No lol. You dont need to run Saalus to get high trans, thats casual way of thinking. You can get shards via trading or buying it off at the auction. RMT? Give your proof that all of the higher transcend people did RMT. I mean each one of them to be fair.

Running saalus is actually the slowest way to transcend your equips.

I didn’t say “nerf trans system but don’t change anything else, even if it is affected or balanced around the trans system”.

Many things in this game are currently balanced with the trans system in mind, obviously, so obviously incase of a transendence system change these things would need to be rebalanced aswell.

If its your opinion that one needs to have a high trans char in order to properly participate and be taken serious in this discussion: My main char in fact does have high level trans equipment. However i think one doesn’t need a highlevel trans char to voice his opinion. As long as a person has a decent grasp of math, logic and game mechanics one should easily see how broken the transendence system is, and how it will become even more broken the stronger our equips become.
Heck, the fact alone that people can easily reach the damage cap per hit even with multihitskills and kill some endgame bosses in mere seconds should tip one off that something is not going right in terms of balance and damage formulas.
A person does not need a high level trans char to come to that conclusion.

Most of the things you listed needed rebalancing/adjustment and people were correct when they complained about it. The players were not wrong for pointing out flaws in the system, it’s the devs who just implemented poorly designed solutions, which introduced new problems.

5 Likes

No, they dont needed balancing because it would kill off the features why this game shine in the 1st place.

here, see the likes?

Majority of which come from the suggestion of this very place. A.K.A the players.

#Facts . Anyone with a high amount of trans on their gear most likely RMT to get the shards. Even members of my own guild are guilty of this. How does someone who plays an average of 1 hr a day able to get a Orange 315 weapon and already lvl 7 trans on it? This game is full of whales.

4 Likes

So you want to change the system because RMT existed? Not because of balance but because of RMT. Maybe the trans is not the problem but the system to combat RMT.

No I want the system changed because it actually encourages RMT.

3 Likes

Then trans is not the problem because if the system encourages RMT meaning the wall is too high for casual to cope up. If IMC lowered the ceiling meaning casual can compete with the hardcore ones. You wont be able to say encourages anymore because the efforts needed to excel is no longer too much.

If the system becomes like this, how can you be so sure players wont get bored easily because most of the players already hit the lowered ceiling?

Personally, i think game developers shouldn’t design their systems with bots or RMT, because people who really want it will always find ways to recieve items for RL money or automate some game process.
They should do something against RMT and bots, of course, but not design the core gameplay aspects around it, because it only hurts the fun of honest players.

IMC tried it with the auction house and players having to wait a certain time before they can get the money. The result? RMT still happens, bots are still happening, it’s only the honest players that get affected by that system.

They tried it with limiting player-to-player item trading. The result? RMT didn’t stop, botting didn’t stop, but honest players were pissed off because of the uncomfortable trading system.

Conclusion : Don’t design your system with methods against RMT or botting in mind, they don’t care, they will find a way. But honest players who get affected by these systems care.

[quote=“jynxie08, post:65, topic:352371”]
No, they dont needed balancing because it would kill off the features why this game shine in the 1st place.[/quote]
So you’re saying every single point you listed in this list were absolutely 100% perfect, with no flaws, exploits or bad aspects whatsoever, absolutely nothing that could’ve been improved?

To be frank, i don’t give a damn about “likes”, wtf is this, Facebook?
Heck, i’ve made posts that recieved alot of likes, does that mean that i’m automatically correct? No, it just means that there are people who agreed. 34 likes does not automatically mean that your opinion is the same as the majority nor that your opinion is automatically the correct one.

4 Likes

IMC uses that method here, do what the Romans do if youre in Rome.

The systems were fun, i agree, i loved doing guild wars with guilds who actually wanted to participate in it. But the guild war system also had serious flaws which made the game less fun for many, that’s why they changed it.
The same goes for worldbossing and most other things on your list, most have/had serious flaws that needed adjustments. Good adjustments.

And that’s why i said that you shouldn’t don’t blame the players for pointing out flaws in the system. blame the devs for implementing bad solutions to these flaws.

1 Like

You did not comprehend the post.

Yes you can buy Shards. That is completely irrelevant to how shards are GENERATED into the game.
Shards are generated at most SIX PER DAY PER CHARACTER.
To get any more on 1 Character another has to give their own.
This means that NATURALLY speaking it is not possible for Trans to organically be obtained within the playerbase at sensible rate.

Either someone else gives up their own progression, or you create characters (that will give up their progression) solely with the purpose of fueling the progression of your main character.

Essentially Transendence in its current state creates a bunch of filler characters (if not on that account, then someone elses) that do not progress in order to push up another character.
Which is retarded.
Hence why I mentioned FFXIV, which also has you farming a currency of sorts to get stronger gear, except this entire process takes 1-2 months. In Tree of savior without a character giving up its own progression to fuel another (on that account, or whom buys shards on the marketplace) It takes a ridiculous level of commitment.

The Six per day is a problem because it takes 10 shards to form 1 gem (aka minimum 2 days, or two characters worth) Then it takes several gems to reach 1 other level. Then there is the mainhand, a possible off-hand, top, bottom, gloves, boots, necklace, and two bracelets.
All of which require a ■■■■ ton of Gems overall to max out any individual piece.
Its a system that realistically is inaccessible to the majority of characters (as you need to take from peter to pay paul) in the game and as a result, is overall inaccessible to most Players.

There’s nothing casual minded about it, unless you literally eat ■■■■ and breath Tree of savior, everyday for a year Transendence is not only inaccessible in general it is EXTREMELY Alt UNFRIENDLY as you sacrifice the progression of 1 to boast the other.

I have multiple characters to farm shards. However when it comes to generating those shards They cannot all gain Trans. For me to do so means to take from someone else who is selling their shards on the marketplace and instead themselves not progressing.
WTF.

Then Rank 9 comes and we give up a portion of this progress to slap it all on again to rank 9 equipment.

It’s a stupid system requiring a ■■■■ ton of Daily investment on multiple characters by somebody at best and everyone at worst. It turns the game into a chore.

16 Likes

It is the ‘All-for-One’, many characters give their chance for growth and progression just for one to progress. If the situation continues like this, with content pegged to transcendence, new players and rerollers will find it harder to even progress in game.

I find that the current game actually ‘punishes’ players for not doing Saalus daily. It generates this feeling that if the player doesn’t do it or have other ways of acquiring blessed shards, the player will be left out of future content and their character/team will stay stagnant.

Why would a game punish a player for choosing not to complete a specific dungeon? Dungeon encounters should be mandatory only when it serves a purpose in the story progression.

One slightly positive thing though, the recent implementation of the R8 content balance patch do make transcendence less needed for content progression in the R8 maps. I’m able to progress relatively well currently with 0 transcended gear, at least up till the 310+ maps. Although it is just for 1 build, it is a good start by IMC to lower the reliance of transcendence in normal PVE progression.

5 Likes

IMC only implemented the suggestions of the community. They asked here and there, you can even see the post of those people where IMC based the changes of.

The game never forces you to play like that. Its only your mentality bottlenecking your progress. You dont have the capacity to think outside of the box. Then you want the world burn from your shortcomings.

Stop blaming the community when it is IMC that ultimately makes the decision. It is entirely their own fault if they cannot conclude which are the right thing to do. Because that means they have no idea what direction their own game should go.

The community also clearly said changes like WB timer cooldown and Guild neutrality will kill the sense of competition, why didn’t you mention it at all? There were countless threads predicting the downfall of TOS due to these changes and yet you pretend as if the whole community likes those changes.

6 Likes

It was suggested by the community, search the forum. As long theywere not deleted. Community suggestions are not always perfect in fact most of them makes the game even more bland and unenjoyable. I can bet with almost certainty that these suggestions to transcendence will only open a can of more worms than we currently have. By that since IMC is no doubt will change how to acquire the shards in the future, ill rub the problems that will arise to those people who suggested the changes in transcendence in the future.

Community suggestions are that: suggestions.

It is in the hands of IMC to apply the scope of their vision and ultimately design a system that enforces their scope that has something the community suggested. IMC holds all the power, all mistakes cannot be thrown onto the community as the community does not code the game, yes we influence, but we do not get to say the final word.

If they decided to completly throw away their scope and vision in favor of the community they’re doing something really, really wrong.

4 Likes

Thats why i have been saying all along that make your suggestion succint and logically organized otherwise we will have even more problems than we currently have, because based on history, IMC is listening to the cries of the community whether it is bad to the game or not. If IMC dont do that they will feel the burn of the community even though the suggestion sucks so bad. (see magic class nerf).

Then you must agree that they’re doing really bad in the management department and thus backtracking of certain decision is required in order to properly advance. However I perceive them being afraid of community’s backlash if they backtrack since they’re not taking any measures for extended periods of time, if atleast they kept us updated this wouldn’t be so bad.

4 Likes

Sadly, you can’t just remove transcendence, there are many players who actually farmed their shards, I have a 315 orange T7 and I’m a F2P player, removing it would definitely make me quit the game, and many others would.

1 Like

They dont have a choice because theyre blessed with smart community. This transcendence is already integrated into the core of the game. Morever, treating the efforts and sweat of others like that of trash is worst. Just because you dont know how to gitgud in playing doesnt mean you should burn the bridge. If you want to change the system, your idea should include all the party in question, not just your own selfish world. Im in fact allergic to changes in TOS because most of the time it was IMC cocking my business, but im open minded, thats why at least broaden your suggestion, so all of us are smiling.