Tree of Savior Forum

[poll] Rank 8 - Class Rank Reset

How true, sad to say many of the players who advocate reset have this thinking that their 1 character/build can excel in every single thing.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

How about only grant the reset for max levels. But all those silver used on attributesā€¦

Making my 4th archer for hackapell. My dream of a melee archer XD. Decide to skip on the mergen bandwagonā€¦ arrgh that costume is cute though

These kids only want shortcut later study programming cos bubbling now then after few years itā€™s somehow not popular anymore then u want reset huh? Some ppl got more suitable skillsets but who cares, as if a farmer cannot enjoy life

This game can train ur balls to have iron muscles huehuehue

Reroll, bear with it, or go suicide

@haukinyau
I think is more useless listen you instead me.
And Iā€™m not a MMO-hopper because I play other games (MMO) since years xD

I care for TOS, Iā€™ve played CBT1 and CBT2. Invited people to play (and they quitted for bugs).
Oh, and personally, I donā€™t need resets, so, on my own agenda I canā€™t find any reset needed for my character, crap :<
Even if my character doesnā€™t good for this content and even for guilds, I dun give a fak

There are a lot of people who is quitting the game for changes and for no reset. And as Iā€™ve said: there are people who canā€™t reroll forever for 2 reasons:

• they donā€™t have time (work and other things)
  • is repetitive and annoying do always the same things.

Not all of us are who is living with theyā€™re parents and play all day and rerolling forever.

2 Likes

Oh neat thereā€™s another thread here. Guess Iā€™ll repost what I said on the other thread.

(~TRIGGER WARNING~)

The anti-reset crowd base their entire arguments on assumptions, exaggeration and misconceptions. Itā€™s basically a whole entire text of OPINION that literally has nothing of value on a ā€œneed or not neededā€ debate. I have long since argued with many people regarding its existence and itā€™s easy to see that all these descriptions ring true.

Thereā€™s always a bigger support against resets merely out of the fact that the pro-reset crowd are very likely to be people who are patiently waiting for the hope of its release, who play the game just fine but keep the problems in the backs of their mind, or have simply quit. Obviously those people wonā€™t be busy around here in the forums voting on those ā€œpollsā€ regarding it.

These people so adamantly against it are scarily similar to anti-vaxxers - they will absolutely pay no heed on facts and maintain their echo chamber of pathetic attempts to insult and troll you without backing up with legitimate facts regarding their stance. At least there are some people out there with some sense and politeness but obviously their arguments are still massive assumptions that do little or nothing to provide a good sense of an argument.

This post will surely be bringing their filth after me for saying all of this but really, bring it on. Better me than the rest of the people here who are just innocently desiring it. Not like that I care about circle resets being released anyway because my characters are already set (Cryo-Chrono, Diev Doctor and Priest-Monk, all R7 and very ready for R8 no matter what comes out) but to give you guys the idea of how absolutely senseless and toxic these anti-reset people are.

3 Likes

If youā€™re going to play this game casually (one character only), donā€™t be surprised if the changes really affects your rank choices as you progress to the max level.

If youā€™re running multiple characters with the idea of a ā€˜metaā€™ build, this is where you run into the possibility of being nerfed and bad. If it so happens, you will have to make the choice of making the best of it, or re-roll as many say.

However, complete rank resets while somewhat possible (given time), can have disastrous effects both ways. The reset crowd will probably cry P2W if the price is ā€˜highā€™, and the anti-reset crowd will probably say that itā€™s pointless to run multiple characters when all you need is one of each type and reset as needed. Even if you were to introduce ā€˜penaltiesā€™, this also in itself becomes a problem as someone who wouldnā€™t mind racking up 3-5k hours just to do C3 of every possible class so that they can freely reset to what they like now takes away diversity.

Quite sure with all the stuff being introduced in this game (with many more to come), those who take this game casually (1-2 hours a day) will have no problems with the development. Only where it gets into the 6 hours + a day is where youā€™re going to see discussions like this. Iā€™d rather watch the development of this game, itā€™s exciting despite its faults, and theyā€™ve designed it such that each class has its own role down the road.

1 Like

3 Likes

First off, regardless of the number of characters you have, it will obviously still affect how you choose what classes you want for the next ranks.

Second, regardless of the number of characters you have, meta build or no, it will still have the possibility of it turning out bad. Unless someone does not care about how he/she build his/her character and just go with whatever floats his/her boat, thatā€™s really the only time he/she can stop caring. But at that point he/she should already not care at all about other people resetting their classes should there be a feature to do so.

Really now, how are resets in general P2W? Are skill resets P2W? Are stat resets P2W? What kind of advantage would these people who avail of such services get over the F2P crowd that this F2P crowd can also fully manage to do by simply re-rolling or adapting with their own characters?

And no, making more characters will never be pointless so long as there is class diversity among each base class. For example, Cryo3Chrono3 is extremely different to WizC3ElemC3Warlock.

Again, this falls under the misconceptions and exaggerations of the anti-reset crowd. Even so, itā€™s rather pointless for them to cry about a feature that would not affect them in any way necessary. Enchant scrolls are far more P2W than resets would ever be.

Your ā€œpenaltiesā€ donā€™t make sense. If you mean limitations, then no, there is hardly any problem. And no, Iā€™d rather not it be received for free, it would be better for IMC to take advantage of it by having it simply sold through TP.

Discussions of this erupt regardless of any situation. A casual player who plays 1-2 hours a day can have problems with development if the character they painstakingly raise for only a few hours at a time becomes obsolete, and I doubt these casual players would opt to re-roll or simply make a new character.

Yes, itā€™s exciting to contemplate or wait for new classes and developments, but itā€™s also a dreadful reminder (knowing Korean MMOā€™s) that, at anytime, they can make major changes that limits the gameplay of certain classes or create more effective routes.

The class system has many layers that makes the need to know the future absolute. If it was a straightforward 1st class - 2nd class/alternate class - 3rd class/alternate class that most other Korean MMOā€™s make, it would make much more sense that there would be no need of a reset system, but ToS isnā€™t that straightforward and simple.

1 Like

Meta or not we are prone to get nerfs and get fu cked so hard. IMC just laughs while people whine. IMC still laughs while people quit.

TOS is a pretty much bad version of POE and this is made for masochistic people. You name how bad it is. The graphics, the roles of the classes, the community compared to POE. Disregard my poe remarks though.

TL; DR its just like every online games out there the difference is every step they take is just 80% bad and 20% good.

Agreed, currently the max level for this game is 280ā€¦ which will gradually get worse or better once ToS decides to roll out more ranks and continue to make changes to classes, stats and skills.

Now this game design is bad, and allowing for class resets will probably
a) kill the game outright
b) create more bugs, and then kill the game
c) allows for exploits, thus killing the game

ā€¦ wow, it all ends up killing the game

However I still voted for Yes to Class Rank Reset and that is only if IMC is able to do it without killing the game.

And before anyone refutes me, I do know IMC has stated in their Weekly Q&A that they canā€™t do it due to #shittygamedesign, so I have been thinking that insteadā€¦ maybe we should ask IMC for easier quests, faster exp gain (god help me if I have to do that stupid quest one more time #fvckthislineargameplay) so we can get to max level in a month or less? We should also have a try-this-shitty-class-out-before-you-choose-it systemā€¦ Thatā€™s my 2 cents.

P.S. This gameā€™s cross-class system reminds me so much of Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2. That explains why players are asking for class resetsā€¦ =_=

1 Like

Ahahahahaha itā€™s so sad when this is so true. People are just so disappointing nowadays. They donā€™t even understand the basic rules of argumentation.

Iā€™m ok with stat resets. Like a good portion would be satisfied with these alone since the recent changes. (str to dex crowd bruh)

Rank reset as in reset a whole rank? Nope. Unless itā€™s like a rebirth system. Then maybe. Too RO for my liking but hey it works.

Class resets promotes player retention. More players will feel that the value of their characters can be preserved with the system existing in some tangible form.

Iā€™ve tried convincing some friends to play this game, but also have to warn them that this game greatly punishes them for their mistakes, so they must do research ahead of time if they donā€™t want to waste a lot of time.

They ask if there is a reset feature, and I tell them its limited to skills but not their circle choices, even though circles can be changed by developers at any time.

Some of them decided to play, but most didnā€™t want to put in the effortā€¦ and the ones that did decide to play stopped playing because they were waiting on patches so they can decide on how to go forward with their builds.

tl;dr The system as it currently stands, scares people from wanting to invest time into a volatile game that only provides 1 way of fixing mistakes. The current bandaid for ā€œfixingā€ mistakes is rerolling, but rerolling does not preserve character value (i.e. attributes, character achievements/rankings, bound items, and most importantlyā€¦ Time).

5 Likes

A class reset may promote player retention, but it eliminates the need to create multiple characters when you can simply have 1 of each type, tuned to what is needed. Perhaps if IMC actually promoted something about having more than 4 characters, it may explain why they have no ā€œplansā€ about a class reset.

People will still make multiple character to increase Team level, so their mains can get more exp from grind sessions

What does this statement actually mean? Can you give valid examples?

The reason why Iā€™m questioning this is because its just very vague/unclear.

What if I want 2 Peltasta characters, for different purposes? Pelt C3 / Rodelero C2 / Fencer / Murmillo for tanking and Pelt C2 / Sword C3 / Doppel C3 for mass mob AoE with ministun?

What if I want a Archer C2 / QS C3 / Falconer / Canonneer C2 for Canon stance AoE? What if I want Archer C2 / Hunter C3 / Falconer C3 for PvP and/or support PvE?

What if I want Wizard C3 / Pyro C2 / Psychokino C2 / Sage for Fireball + Sage duplicate + PP with max Surespell gimmick? What if I want Pyro C3 / Linker C3 / Sage for high AoE damage with fireballs and Firewall? What if I want Wizarc C3 / Pyro C2 / Ele C3 because Iā€™m going to team with some Linkers? What if I want Wizard C3 / Linker C3 / FF C2 for Missile damage support and the ability to fly or Cryo / Linker C3 / Necromancer C3 to try it out and see how Skeleton archers work?

Thereā€™s a lot of things people would love to try out and see if they work, which would still require an investment in multiple charactersā€¦ so I really donā€™t understand what you mean by this statement.

Actually, with a reset feature, people would be more inclined to try out many combos because they would feel that their time investment is safe.