Tree of Savior Forum

[POLL] đź’Š What do you think will help the game gain more players, even if temporarily?

[details=CLICK here to read The Legend of the @$$crackers]So we’re getting this for anniversary…

WTF.

IMC thinks it’s “special” because it “comes with a 25% exp boost” (dang, that description made me miss dumpling-kun). It’s apparently “the best way to throw a l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ party!” “The best firecrackers eva!” “Think of all the fun!” Holy flocking shiitake mushrooms!

Maybe it was just plain miscommunication or lack of marketing strategy, but nevertheless a lot of us have expressed our disappointment on what they’ve prepared for what’s supposed to be an important event. This has prompted IMC to make clear their plan or perhaps improve it for the game’s anniversary.

Hello d̶a̶r̶k̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ vagueness, my old friend.

As expected, we get these ambiguous replies. When is this “future” IMC? Is this supposed to extend and be a month-long (whole April) celebration? Is there a different event each day? Weekly? Can we, in advance, tell our friends to check the game again without EMBARRASSING ourselves when the moment comes (or doesn’t come at all)?

Anyways, so perhaps we can give IMC some ideas on what we think or have previously experienced that at the minimum helped the game gain more players.[/details]

VOTE AWAY! YOU CAN PICK MORE THAN ONE!

• Rank reset
  • Rank 9 reveal :astonished:
  • Massive patch for long-ignored bugs and issues (biggest yet)
  • Massive class balance patch (biggest yet) which finally includes Sadhuman!
  • Transcendence rework along the lines of @Nekorin’s post
  • Big news about optimization progress and finally an actual ETA
  • Implementation of RNG along with existing DPK values on drops
  • Token rework (less pay2win and sh!tting on new players, more pay4convenience with benefits that will still make you want to buy a token)
  • Silute server moved back on SA again!
  • Cross-server queue (for all servers, players can tick options on which servers they’d like to queue with)
  • Improved rewards (prem awake stones, 7- or 14-day tokens, etc.)
  • News: NEXON owns us now!
  • More @$$crackers

0 voters

11 Likes

nothing above will happen except more ass cracker hue :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

When I see at least 30 fps in 100 player battlegrounds without crashing, that is where I shall recommend friends to return :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

@$$cracker is :heart:

5 Likes

prepare ur @$$ then

6 Likes

almighty god’s power at this point.

You forgot Archer hidden class, that will be the next thing that will bring players back temporary.

3 Likes

If the game would have: optimization, less bug, items and pets more attractive, balanced pvp, and periodic rank resets (or sell rank reset in tp shop). I guess it would bring back a lot players.

Dang good catch! Totally forgot about that, and I’m one of those players. :smiley:

1 Like

Advertising of iToS!
Hopefully, after the mass-optimization and class rebalance patches.

1 Like

I don’t think there is any way to bring a lot of players back in one patch at this point. The only way to grow the game is to actually improve it with relatively large, sweeping design changes, keep the players still playing from quitting and attract old and new players back. A lot of the things on this list are really things that only people still playing or that stuck around for a while and quit will care about. New players, or those that quit within the first month or two, aren’t really going to care about a class rebalance for a game they don’t play, or rank 9, or most of this other stuff. That’s all still important for retaining current players but it’s not going to grow the game. There’s no one simple solution. ToS has a lot of problems.

5 Likes

I think one of the massive return of players would be the nerf to necro, so no more afk necro grind, added with maybe a sanction to all those who used it (but since it was okay for imc it won’t happen)

7 Likes

Too bad it’s a year too late and the legal botters have already completely ■■■■■■ the economy.

5 Likes

Many unsolved matters are absent for improving or to change that are not named in this message (as PK’s system or one to avoid Bots and Goldsellers), nevertheless I must say that the principal points yes that contains them. If you ask me, the points that it(he,she) urges more of solving sound those modals to Ranks’s system (classes, we need that really we could use this 80 + classes and not only the last ones), the mistakes, the terrible optimization (seriously, up to the Final Fantasy XIII or Such of Berseria of PC it me works better) and in last instance, the Token (I understand that a user-no-token could not exchange objects with other accounts(bills) or players, that it does not have the extra of xp or that lacks an entry of more to the dungeons, but of there to preventing it from could not to use the Team Storage - They are the objects of the user-, only an object on market - it seems that Cough uses an almost medieval economic system-, and to finish off, to run as the horse of the villain of the movie …)

I am not going to spread, after everything we will have fireworks, petards and … more motives for leaving this game of fabulous exposition, but terrible company. I leave a link to another message that I did on the Rank (that topic of the Agny Necklace). Certainly, it seems to me to be sadly curious (with all respect) that great people prefer something useless (information about Rank 9, first that solve the system and the available classes. It is useless, especially to attract new players … only for those that already are 330 and do not have anything to do in his life. I do not say that it would not be bad, but after others things).

P.D: Certainly, someone knows of some enterteining RPG online (whitout pays, I am bad of $$$ - I repent paying often the preview of ToS-) that does not have too many limits (or do not be so inconvinient as ejem, Cough)?. I am thinking of returning to the RO2 or to the Aion seeing the panorama. Do you know if they have solved the problem of the FPS (RO2)?.
Class Balance

1 Like

Nothing will help the game gain more players at this point.
-Those who quit aren’t looking for a new class/rank content and grindfest only to get disappointed by the time a new class or rank came
-Optimization and patches might be a good idea but people are so fed up with the devs and their bs restriction.
-The sense of unfairness will overwhelm people if some patches re-work with the core gameplay. be it rank reset,rework skills/build/class,and many more.
you wouldn’t expected someone who got stabbed in their back will show their back at the same person again.

sometimes pulling the plug might be the best decision. Rework all the content until it’s enjoyable and start a new one or none at all. Increasing people temporally and the game will die slowly and painfully over the time.

5 Likes

As much as I would love rank 9 reveal I think it’s still too early for that. I really hope their focus is on improving the current game systems and balance before they release that which would probably mean rank 9 is still far away. Hyping up players months before releasing something would be awful. :stuck_out_tongue:
For the sake of not repeating the horror of what rank 8 release was I’m assuming rank 9 comes after summer.

I agree they really need to make big and important changes to start gaining the trust of current player base so people could actually start recommending this game etc.
Their reputation is too low for large player comebacks, hopefully they will keep improving the game and are able to change that around to the extent of being able to have a healthy playerbase.

3 Likes

Yep i know, prices skyrocketed and all because of that :confused:

This game has so low graphic and optimization compare to 21st century video games. And plus bunch of bug.

As i said, one of the tragedy about this game is that whenever a bug appears, IMC chooses to remove the feature, instead of fixing it.
Imo, no matter what the game do, adding more events ot custome, the game will shut down very soon

1 Like

What they want is lower population pool with more whales.
More Profit with Lower Operation Cost

1 Like