Tree of Savior Forum

[Poll] How many tokens do you plan to buy per month?

I’m pretty neutral about things… I don’t like jumping in on sides when it’s something that is an obvious grey area. That said… I like exploring the ideas people have.

Is Plex useful enough outside of player trading to stop inflation? Cause I could understand that being a problem.

I do wonder though if we’ill be as bad off as Eve since silver is so useful outside of player trades. The upgrade and potential system that just lets you burn Silver and equipment in mass. It could get to the point where there is a lot more silver for upgrades and not enough equipment drops, though.

Should ask the kToS’ers.

PLEX in EVE is basically 30 days of game play time in an in-game tradeable form. So players could buy PLEX and sell it to other players for the in-game currency ISK.

This is similar to how players will be able to buy Tokens and and sell them for silver to other players.

If Token supply is low (due to even a fraction of those 7-8% of super token buyers quitting for whatever reason, or if p2p population is higher than what this poll has projected), if rich players decide to buy up and hoard tokens, if silver ever ends up inflating, all of those things will be bad for people wanting to obtain tokens and the situation converges on a situation where tokens become P2W (because F2P players won’t be able to get them reasonably).

Silver inflation is only one part of the equation (though it is an important part).

This analysis is also complicated by the fact that some fraction of those 1 token buying players will presumably want to switch to using in-game funds to buy tokens at some point. They will have a higher starting leverage point in terms of purchasing power because of additional dungeon runs. This will further make life not fun for F2P players.

EDIT: I would really love to be wrong, so criticism of my analyses are quite welcome!

Ha… that’s interesting… People playing the market and hoarding the supply. I wonder if putting an expiration date on their version of a Token would fix that. Do our Token’s have the potential system implemented on them? Cause that’d stop the hording.

I think capping the number of tokens a single account can hold at once would probably be the best solution… I really don’t see it happening though because obviously imc would like to sell more tokens…

They could implement an expiration system for the tokens… if they want the forums to be on fire again…

Bump! Please keep voting!

If you haven’t voted try to avoid reading the thread below! Though it kind of doesn’t matter.

I’m also hoping people can check my preliminary analysis of token obtainability. It starts here:

xD I have to point out the irony of this being at the very bottom of the thread.
So it’s quite likely that if they read this message, they’ve read the thread.

2 Likes

Well, here we go bois. Are your wallets ready?