Tree of Savior Forum

[Poll] How many tokens do you plan to buy per month?

I would argue that imc’s steam sales arguments were not really well thought out. Why?

To begin imc was always very cagey about the whole EU servers situation. If I were an EU player I would probably hold back on purchasing before finding out more about servers. Then, imc comes out and says: “We aren’t doing EU servers because not enough people bought founders packs.”

This is super backwards thinking in my opinion. To use a popular saying “if you build it, they will come as an example”, it’s like saying: “If you had come, we would’ve built it!” That’s not how it works! People don’t come until you freaking build it!!!

Disclaimer: I am a US player. But I feel bad for EU fans of the game who in my personal view got shafted with bad imc reasoning.

Unlock basic game features? like?

Since when are any of these unlockable first of all playing the game you get exp from killing and quests you just get 30% more from the token.

You can run one dungeon without the token if you want another attempt you get that with the token.

The AH is 30% but if you want a better pay-out get the token and reduces the tax to 10%,

you can learn 1 attribute a time but if you want a second one use the token.

You can put more items on the AH with a token you still can use the AH without it.

You get 3+ movement but wait everyone can move in the game so its technically not unlockable but rather a boost.

So that leaves the last part the premium gestures… Oh nose so that’s what it is you don’t get to super special gestures oh what are we going to do this is totally P2W gonna win that gesture dance off because we have 5 more then you…

These are boosts to current things in the game stop trying to make out that if you don’t get a token your missing out on stuff that you cant get…

1 Like

But the thing is we don’t know the full existent of the reasoning remember company’s hide things from the public because they need to word them in a way it wont damage the company for all we know they could only be giving us like 20% of the information due to the higher ups or even the investors backing the game if you worked in a job that deals with customers and the general public you should be able to understand that.

I am from EU and personally I have checked the ping from the server that was the CBT and my ping is coming out as 92ms to 107ms tops its not as bad as people have been saying I even saw someone saying that my ping was bad… now even in a FPS game 120 ping is still really good.

Also you should not feel bad it is what it is the world can be unfair after all we have place’s in the world where bad things happen to the innocent that we wish could change but nothing can be done unfortunately but with some of the as I put it first world problems when you have people throwing a hissy fit on a video game because they wont make a EU server on there demands.

Personally just think yourself as a lucky person and enjoy what you have and don’t take it for granted :slight_smile:

You think they are hiding something more damaging than isolating a potential ~15+% of their userbase??? I just don’t think so… not unless imc upper levels are more incompetent than I thought…

Being from the EU I guess I don’t understand why you’re settling… I was angry for you guys but if your opinion on the issue is a popular one then I can only say, “You get what you fought for”. Or maybe, “You get what you deserve”.

I would buy tokens if they actually delivered its money worth, but if they are around 20 dollars I won’t be getting any. I mean sure it is a f2p game which is cool and all, but if I can actually play a p2p game cheaper and get more for it it is quite clear to be the pricing is not accurate in this case. I mean, if 20 dolalrs meant the equivalent of a sub in this game that would be reasonable, but when it still limits me then there is just no way.

I am not going to complain they are allowed to do w/e they think is best for them, I am just saying that me personally I won’t pay for it because it just isn’t worth it when comparing to what I can get for that kind of money in other games.

I would be okay with tokens, if they cost about 15$ and are sellable to F2P players, but at this price I would just pay them whenever I’m leveling a char for more than 2-3 weeks.

you did say it yourself about the higher ups regarding the 3 month EA remember and your optional of it doesn’t sound so far fetch now does it haha but anyway don’t think of it as isolation people sometimes need to accept that things are how they are you can cry till your blue in the face but unless people have solid reasoning evidence to there claims they come off as whining or simply a waste of oxygen and we don’t want IMC to look at there community like that…

The thing is my mentality is I would love a EU server truly I would but I lack evidence to demand they change it they did what I personally wanted to see that is the steam sales report they are listening to there customers on this forum and responding as much as they can trying to make everyone happy but you must accept and they must accept that no matter how you try you can not please everyone because as the forum has shown. There is so many mix views and to keep pestering the devs even when they have given there reasons to but they keep on in an attempt to change the devs reasons even to the point of impossibility its just silly without any evidence.

Picture this the dev team is like the father driving to a theme park and the community well the nagging ones are like the child saying “are we there yet” expecting a different response…

When have we interacted with ToS devs or game producers?

We interact with unfortunate English speaking imc staff members who I’m guessing are not likely very high up on the imc company totem pole. I feel bad for them, that imc has not set up more effective communication channels with the playerbase.

But it is what it is. They do their very best to convey sentiments from the forums to higher ups who may or may not pass information to the devs. They also do their best to the answer questions that they are allowed to answer. But ultimately it’s a game of telephone and in this case even lost in translation.

Disclaimer: this may be an inaccurate representation of the situation. But I am basing it off of articles/blogs I’ve read from former ex community managers from various existing or defunct mmos and games.

If there was one thing I would say, it’s that those community staff should make the case that they have the pulse of the community and should be given a lot more latitude given how important their jobs are.

An excellent read I highly recommend!

An interesting article

Another interesting article

Edit: I’ve also been making polls and the like because I feel it is easier to convey empirical results to imc higher ups.

I doubt alot of people even looked that much into it. They probably have no idea and maybe not even care about where the servers are located. Not everyone goes to the forum for a game they like or look into things like that. They just play the game. I know i never really checked forums and stuff for games I played until maybe a year or 2 ago.

Actually a lot of people have no idea about the server location at all. A new mmo? Nice! Let’s play it! WTF?! This lag?! Check the forums…and rage like there’s no tommorow! This is the feeling I get from the european steam community hub. Right now we are about 25% of the playerbase and we might be rising at the official release, but it could also go the other way before the official release.

They are sellable to F2P player and are about $18 a month.

18$ are quite some money at the release of the game. Later on they probalby may be paying off - if you don’t mind to spend the money for ingame currency. 18$…would be okay if there wouldn’t be the randomness of steam. :disappointed:

Most people are going to hesitate buying 1 of those a month never mind a few more to earn some extra silvers.

$18-20 bucks is too much for western audience. Needs to be $5-10.

The actual rate for subsciription would be 12-13€
I also think that is a threshhold for alot of people, everything above 15€ is just borderline retarded and will certainly be much more painful to the company itself. Im very sure IMC have done extremly poor reseach and has not a single person sitting on a desk working on western marketing. I honestly think they handle this whole release and the shop hilariously poorly, not only the execution, but also the flow of informations to the playerbase is absolutly low level and EVERY community ever is glad when they are fed with information.

Yet here we are getting little cute threads like this, feels like kindergarden all over again.

That made me think of an idea. What if they sold 2 different types of token. Basic token and premium token. Something like…

Basic token-$9
1:1 trade
+2 dungeons
extra gestures
reduced market commission
5 market items

Premium token-$18 (or maybe just use 2 basic tokens to activate this)
Same as current token

If you guys think this is a good idea maybe ill make a thread about it…

If the price will be 18$ i dont think that i will buy even 1 Token but if the price is like in every P2P game (12-13$ per month) i will buy 1 Token every month.

The ffxiv subscribtion fee for one month is 15$ and I would see this as the absolute maximum, because this game is very polished and the handsdown best old school mmo experience.

I’m really worried when I have to pay more money for a “monthly subscrition” for a F2P mmo.

1 Like

Could always save up silver and buy tokens from the market :slight_smile:

In my case it’s the other way around. I can’t save my silver for tokens. I’m working 40+ hours a week and I’ve got some things to do outside of ToS. So I will end up buying tokens and selling them to F2P player for ingame currency. Severeal years ago I would have been fine with this approach but now I have to work! :cry:

Eh… I’m sorry that you feel this thread is kindergarten level :frowning:

There were a few big questions I was hoping to answer with this poll. Please bear with me as I think you will find the analysis interesting.