Tree of Savior Forum

Poll for the Fan Art Festival

I will close the Vote on Friday, I don’t think we need more time than that.
And after that, based on the result we could have more discussions.

1 Like

yeah so stick figures and 30 minute half ***ed works wont count.

Artists put time and effort in their pieces
:cherries:Reward them all:cherries: accordingly even if their work isn’t chosen for display.

There should be no concept of a winner, and it’s not hard to sort out those who make their MS paint “Mr Kim” memes from those who actually drew something decent.

No matter how relative art is

You can in fact tell easily that a starting young artist who still has a lot of room for improvement put effort into their piece regardless of how it compares to the work of a professional artist.

TP is a currency of which there is an unlimited amount.
Fan art Fests are limited, it’s not like this can be abused.

Art contests are a cesspool of un-paid art commissions.
If it’s really a festival and not a contest, reward everyone who made an effort.

4 Likes

plagiarism???

2 Likes

really sad news. Calling @STAFF_Yuri

Love on Fire traced over >>

7 Likes

Good thing someone caught that. That’s a pretty blatant rip.

Art thief alert
/20thief

Yea shes crying Welping on FB ;x;

and like I said, now u can see the Love put into from an Original Artist :slight_smile:

Now that can’t even be considered coincidence. The hair details are so on-point. Even the original creator recognizes it.

6 Likes

no way can they call it coincidence or another reference / study guide. christ.

i bet they dont care at this point cause they got the fee tipi and title and all

1 Like

IMC’s plagiarism check process (if they do at all) is as bad as how they’re handling this game. Maybe they also want us to do the checking for them.

@STAFF_Yuri how about this:

1. Allow 10-15 days after the date of the announcement of winners before giving them the rewards so fellow players/forumers can help you check.

2. Keep a DA account where you post all the winning pieces (with proper credit/links to original artists of course). A lot of DA members have a really good eye at determining stolen works. This is also a good way for you to promote the game. There are also a lot of Facebook groups for artists out there but that’s probably too much “work” for you already.

3. Temporary 7-day ban for those caught, 30-day ban for repeat offenders.

Some of the players are treating you guys and your events like a joke already at this point. The last straw is you guys treating the real artist-players like a joke.

EDIT: While we’re at it, maybe make the other entries win instead? Here’s my list @razeo_ryuno @linhmbl @ponachan @mimiru88 @winterfeuille @LavaCake @bephilops @murbish @damiankaizer90 @ black_rabbit :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I’m not even surprised if this wasn’t the only piece that was plagiarized. I’m actually been wondering since the start how they check about these stuff.

1 Like
Spoilers

They don’t.

I think that if you don’t want it to be a contest (as stated in the previous thread) then there shouldn’t be a prize :confused: Or something should be given to everyone.

I think that if this isn’t rectified participation will drop off sharply. No one is going to want to spend very much time making art if they don’t feel they have a fair chance.

4 Likes

Yes, disqualify that one. Plagiarism is bad! Remove the rewards for that “winner” and choose another winner, please!

I’ve entered three of the four “festivals” and admittedly never won. I don’t mind not winning something as long as I feel as if the other person deserved it more. That being said, knowing that the outcome of said “festivals” are determined at random is discouraging for someone who creates an entry if someone who put little to no effort wins.

How about gauging how much time all entries have spent on average and then begin to narrow it down from there? I understand that not all entrants will be equally skilled and some ARE starting out, but I feel that effort, while subjective, is important. It’s up to you guys to determine what fits the theme best. Narrow it down and maybe get the community involved to help narrow it down further. AND THEN make the final call. I feel as though that’s better than just throwing darts at a spinning wheel.

Oh and get rid of the TP reward. This is just me talking but I feel as though the Title holds more value than TP does for someone who enters these “festivals”. Any artist will tell you, the recognition is more important. This would deter anyone wanting to make quick and easy TP.

Also, if there isn’t going to be thorough checks on people’s works (see plagiarized “Stalker” winner in the Valentine’s Festival) How about having people show their work? Whether its a video or screenshots of progress. This would help out with not having people just steal other people’s works (as stated in the rules), but also reduces the time needed, on your part, to gauge the time spent or if it was an original work or not.

4 Likes

Which should be removed/revoked. If that tipi is already spent then the GMs better track down what was purchased and remove it from the account too!

1 Like

Saviors, This is indeed a grave day. which I know it happens around the world but I wish I didn’t want to see amongst us. Seems it is… I will do necessary punishment what must be done.

And also, I want to add “Dealing against forgery” into our small discussion.

6 Likes

Great idea, I also think it is great to have bumper time before we could announce the winner.

5 Likes

I have to say, Staff_Yuri is working really hard! Thank you for listening to everyone and trying to resolve the conflicts.

5 Likes