Tree of Savior Forum

Policy Update Regarding RMT

i think the 3 month duration is just there so to catch who is taking advantage of that exploit

1 Like

Interesting let us see we could bring that back. :hey:

We also have another thing we could take info from, but it’s a bit vague, can’t rely on it.

well if they involve on RMT trade, it’s instant ban as always.
another thing have to be cover up by patrol or reports.

I think its a bit leaping to rare practices.
But its continuous improvements, let us try to update that one.

There is and I well, there could be confusions that could think we didn’t banned the sellers. since I didn’t point that out on the announcements, but they are all instant banned who involved on RMT selling, but as we know, they keep coming back with new ids. There are some clear factors I use to ban them, but I will not speak out of that. we have some good tool upgrade is being prepared with though.

Ah, and another thing, its also important "Who to trade with"

1 Like

It is good that you are acknowledging that this is an issue by the way and it’s nice to see some communication from the staff on the subject.

1 Like

does this alternative method involves player feedback towards a target player? i mean, it would be nice if community participation can reflect in determining suspicious players

1 Like

@STAFF_Yuri I’ve sent in a number of tickets that involve this. Will you be monitoring them or are they technically starting a clean slate?

That factor is not being controlled by us, unfortunately.
But yes, I do like the idea of player interaction kind of rules to support that, but I also have to think, How to make it true, and how this could be interpreted in program language.

I’ll try talk with devs about how I could use this idea to this new policies.

2 Likes

Yeah, I also observed your tickets too @WhiteDwarf “Technically” from the beginning.
But don’t confuse this that I don’t want to give them hard time.
Its kind of take me time to until reach here to update policies but yeah, the time has come.

I know by server who quite buys some Silver.

1 Like

yeah, from this standpoint is really hard to catch one rmt’s, but you seems to forget the one selling, is impossible for a rmt to sell “only” one time each 3 months; and even if they tried to do so, is impossible for them to amount 3 billion or any relative good amount of money for those “super whales” without doing any trades with others bot’s account to amass a large amount of money to sell for one super whale every 3 months and if they tried the other way around and do micro transactions with multiple accounts to reach the required amount of this “SUPER WHALE”(because he would be buying only ONE time each 3 months) , it would be flagged as well, both of them.
if they also tried to transfer money and use one account per seller, it would be banned as well,because they would not be able to amass a good amount of gold in it(again), without transferring from other accounts as well, because if they tried to do so, it would be flagged.
So yeah the problem is not the super whale anymore, if this system work ,they are done for, the only ones who could be safe is the micro whales, who does not buy a lot of gold because those ones can be send with one transaction only, without doubt and thus could land on the situation that both of you mentioned, of one time per 3 months

If you crack down on rmt and bots could you reduce the Velcoffer related silver sinks or add in more ways for legitimate players to farm raw silver.

2 Likes

It’s simply adaptation. Instead of buying smaller amounts over time, they’d buy bigger amounts every 3 months.

Do you think they store and sell silver from a single account? :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

They only need a throwaway account and they can open as many as they want.
And @STAFF_Yuri already hinted at that (if you missed that part):

My concern was not only about the seller, but also about the buyer and legit trades (like @Seiran said).

The purpose should be punish both seller/buyer and avoid false positives on legit trades.

As far as I understand there is a “laissez-faire” on the silver buyer and a stricter policy on the seller.
Honestly, I don’t understand why a silver buyer should be let away.

of course not; but you seems to have misunderstand what i said because if you had understood or at least read until the end you will see that i have talked about micro transactions with multiples accounts in it ! so the very act of them amassing money with one account or multiple accounts would means MULTIPLES trades with the same period of 3 months and thus would be FLAGGED both their accounts or the BUYER “only” at first and if the BUYER is flagged and BANNED is all over for the whale and thus their income, because they would be tracked down by the whale’s account trade history!.
and you need to read it more carefully as well, there is no away for them to send money to each throwaway account every time as i mentioned on my previous msg , because the action itself would be flagged! and thus banned as well.
if they tried to use multiple accounts to sell for one whale, the whale would be flagged that would result in them being flagged as well and both of them banner, game over.

so, IMC is the only “RMT merchant” now ? :rofl:

1 Like

In your fantasy world, the ban is issued instantly.

In real world, where a GM has to review it, a silver seller has more than enough time to buy silver from botters in a throwaway account (exact amount of the trade) and, then, buy the items put on the market by the silver buyer.

The silver seller account may end up banned (it’s a throwaway, doesn’t matter), but the buyer is safe.
Bots come and go anyway.

1.An easy way is to check IP address. Ban afk farmer、necro bot and thoes accounts shared same IP address. After that, you can block those IP to avoid them creating new accounts.

2.Making the REPORT button more useful, investigating those players who have been reported many times by other players. you should consider that they are toxic players、hooker or bug abuser.

3.Lets talk about RMT, golden buyers always buy tons of silver from different seller accounts.Just check the trading record, it is easy.

4.Maybe imc can release some authority for players who really want this game could be better, always run around then report bot、bug。

no is not; you really must read again or at least start paying more attention; the entire silver would be tracked as stated by the gm, and the end buyer the whale would be found and banned.
it does not matter where the silver comes from nor how long it takes, in the end the silver would be at someone hands; this hands would be the throwaway account that would then be tracked to the multiples accounts who gave him money or the whale main account who he sold too( and then be backtracked to the original source); this is a both ways tracking and both of them would result in BAN, so no; you are still wrong and seems to not get it; at least if the system WORKS; i will say it twice; if the system works as the gm stated here; you are wrong and end of it; it does not matter if they use throwaway accounts or not; if they tried to amass large amount of silver in any form with questionable means in ONE account be with to sell to someone; or to save; or any reason , it would be flagged and thus banned!
in the end if the silver is brought using questionable means; it would be tracked and banned; and thus would not work.

There are dynamic IP’s and public IP’s (shared by an entire neighbourhood, even city) to take into consideration.

And you need to read the new policy because you didn’t understand it nor you seem to understand the RMT world: the first infraction is only a warning, not a ban.

Strike 1

• GM message warning

If the second infraction is done after 3 months, the buyer (and eventually seller, if he acts carefully enough) is safe, full stop.

Strike 2 (within 3 months of Strike 1)

• Listed items and Silver (or items purchased with that Silver) seized
  • 15-day ban

agree, criminals love using loopholes to hide between the innocents…

Sad, but is what must be done :pensive:

dude; the act of the BOTS selling the GOLD for GOLDSELLER needs multiples transactions to do so because there is multiples bot’s; so a WHALE can BUY it in the end; this is the core of my msg that you seems to no get it yet and is why i have said you must or misunderstood or read again.
is impossible for bots to sell the gold for a throwaway account to be sold to the whales with ONLY one transaction; unless as i stated before we are talking about micro whales who does minor transactions values; because as i wrote before; if anyone want to buy A lot of GOLD; it would need for them to be send from MULTIPLES bots>goldseller>whale.
if they use a throwaway account in any of those operations would still be tracked because there is only a limited ways they can transfer this that are:
multiples bots>throwaway account>whale > would result in ban(for the bots)
multiples bots>multiples throwaway accounts> ONE WHALE (final consumer)> result in ban(for the whale)
the first warning is for one transaction only; and because of that someone is gonna get banned; if they want it or not; be it the whale or the sellers, and one of them is gonna be their core with a lot of money!

Since this is a f2p game, there just wouldn’t be enough resources for this kind of thing. Instead, why not give some players the ability (maybe shown in a title) to actually Block a fraudulent transaction in the auction house. The report button just isn’t working fast enough. Maybe have it so that the player that can block auction items have to make a report in the forums as to why he did it. Troublesome to do but it should be at that level to avoid power abuse.

Similar with bots. A video report every time he ban hammers a bot. Players who can apply are those with history reporting bots in the forums and were proven by the GMs as actual bots. The ban hammer can be lighter with an hour of ban or a captcha to combat bots.

God[dess] is dead. There are no active GMs in game. Give some players the ability to maintain the game, in a similar way that forums are handled by moderators.

First and foremost: the whale is not banned if he buys once every 3 months, and that was my original point that you seem to not get at all.

Secondly, the bots are as throwaway as seller’s accounts and are banned anyway.
With “new player” event they can create and level up as many as they want.

You are wrong, as you think that listing 300 mallardu meats 1 million each counts as multiple infractions or the number of trades made by the silver seller are applied to the buyer too.

I have a news for you: they do not.