Tree of Savior Forum

Policy Update Regarding RMT

GM Message Warning: You will be ban for X# of days.

:smirk:

2 Likes

Did they maybe really mean “Warning ban”? change that please @STAFF_Yuri
Its great to see RMTers getting banned but tbh its unclear and ‘confusing’ written like that.

Those people are on my sight and I already punished three and taken their unlawful items. With 15 days of ban.
Next stop is a permanent one.
Like we already mentioned, we will going to modify or make harsher rules after this test period comes to end.

If they think it is okay to do, well they will surely see the different side.

14 Likes

Nice, but look at

some people think it means RMT is allowed. Better change that strike1

1 Like

@STAFF_Yuri

New account, 1 character and out in the open with no care…

hate em >.>

Oh, a fishing event only for the staff? IMC’s bait is really strong, I’m enjoying seeing all the RMTers getting caught and coming to the forums to embarrass themselves.

5 Likes

Runescape tried that sort of stuff, didn’t deter bots for long… :haha:

Edit: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Random_events

Huh. Removed in 2012. Time passes fast. :tired:

1 Like

@STAFF_Yuri Will IMC consider implementing some sort of authentication system for account creation? As ToS user accounts are tied to steam accounts it becomes really hard to regulate bot accounts being created since they are essentially free to create alongside steam accounts.

One of the best ways to nib such bots is have a separate account system that IMC can control, eg. banning specific IPs from creating accounts or have other requirements such as a valid mobile number to create.

4 Likes

@Nekorin With the Steam linkage, I don’t believe it is possible (anytime soon), at least from my understanding of the system.

Reason being that we do not actually have an ‘account’ created at IMC (See having to link your steam account with your ‘forum’ account)

It would require a full revamp of the account login/authorization system aaaand might have a really high chance of FUBAR.

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=eve+online+steam+accounts+used+without+steam

See the issues a bigger developer (CCP) already has regarding having Steam logins and Non-steam (direct) accounts.

Edit: We’re directly logging in to TOS through steam’s ‘authentication’ - I do not believe the steam login info (email etc) is actually provided to IMC’s systems.

Edit2: Further checking against Path of Exile (as they also have steam/non-steam accounts)

Steam accounts authenticate without your email address being attached. GGG’s (PoE’s dev) support allows you to attach your external email to your steam authentication to allow login without the steam client.

Whether IMC’s backend allows the same work to be done is another question.

Edit3: Creation of such a system would actually also allow us to do direct-logins (if IMC ever makes the client).

1 Like

Nekorin’s suggestion is totally possible and doesn’t require full revamp or anything of the sort.

One simple way is making Steam account one of the steps of account creation, instead of making it the only one.

kTOS login uses the website (nexon). That could be something IMC could do…

How, though, because the email login wasn’t built in at all for the iTOS client.

TOS was direct-through-steam login from the beginning.

Edit:

Uh…what? I’m talking backend

1 Like

You don’t actually have to go about witch hunting bots, really. Because the durability system exists, any bot will always have to show back up at town eventually.
Ex: When I’m actively playing, every so often I park myself near the blacksmith and check/report any weird names when I eat dinner, read, etc…
Sadly though, yeah… the community does have an ignore-bots mindset.

Thanks for helping and suggesting alternatives btw. Especially since I’m not too well-knowledged when it comes to programming jargon.

2 Likes

Read again:

And ToS already have all the code needed for e-mail login. In fact, it was changed from email/website login to be used with Steam authentication, not the other way around.

Adding an extra step such as phone validation like Nekorin said before the account’s ready to use is just a matter of disabling login temporarily, for example.

The system was revamped somewhere in-between as far as I know. This set of new forums/support was part of it.

They do have the code, it seems, as KTOS uses a website login. Whether its possible to splice everything back together (Since we’re all using Steam’s auth right now) is the bigger question, then.

New account creation really isn’t the issue here. Its what to do with legacy accounts.

Edit: Important

The revamp i’m talking about is not your account creation process. Its additional back-end work required to enable a non-steam login (see included links). All of our current accounts do not have an email linked to them (Forum link doesn’t count). On top of which, there is quite the additional work between Steam/Non-Steam accounts (See eve-online)

1 Like

Leave Steam as login normally.
Validate/authenticate account with external method.

Automatically validate all legacy accounts.

No biggie.

please check sausys 9 there are multiple high lvl bots again

Ok, you don’t know that much about it, then.

1 Like

I dont think kTOS and iTOS clients are much different (except content, language ofc).
Our can probably work with both ways to login .

Didnt IMC make some changes last year (or longer ago?) to make clients more similar for faster KR - > steam patching…

Potentially, yes.

The thing i’m more worried about is the issues that will definitely crop up with the -addition- of external email login/password hashing.

Further digging shows that it is possible. As I am not a database dev, I won’t comment on the difficulty of the problem, though.

Implementing the access controls (see phone ident) would mean that you cannot solely login through steam, and will require additional information logged with IMC. Instead of a Steam, or Non-Steam login, you have to have both.

Edit2:

Doubt it has anything to do with client login controls. Faster patching would probably be to change the texture/game framework (skills, rendering, texture) to the same (or similar). So that they’d only have to change translations (text) while keeping the rest the same.

Edit3: I don’t think we have any database devs lurking around here to comment, boo. :tired:

2 Likes