Tree of Savior Forum

Policy Update Regarding RMT

Everyone if you don’t mind please create accusations/fingerpointing posts in the reports subforum. It will be great if we keep to the discussion of RMT policies.

5 Likes

Go away :b:alemoon we’re trying to extract what little fun is available from this trash game.

1 Like

This thread is a long fuse firework, it start the spark and you are :star_struck: then it takes so long you are like :face_with_raised_eyebrow: and BOOM :joy:

1 Like

Well we ARE discussing an RMT’er, so it’s still on topic. Also, what else is there to discuss?

Damn, the turn this convo took sent my sides on orbit kek

1 Like

I don’t know if @Over.Kill is actually stupid, has a short term memory, or trying his damnedest to deny his involvement in RMT.

Either way this thread has been a wild ride my lungs have collapsed from laughing too hard.

1 Like

haha smear campaign engaged buddy. no one is getting banned for anything, that’s the unfortunate truth. so this is all just popcorn. enjoy the popcorn folks.

if you think this is the only photo you’re fooling yourselves. randy has made alot of enemies with all his shitposting. spread that ■■■■ around!

Lol can you prove that’s the same robe? if not gtfo. I want to see names. You guys pull names outta your asses, this shouldn’t be too hard. Cmon hivemind!! letsgo hivemind!!

I hope you’re literally an 8 year old because my brother was way smarter and more honest than you when he was 12 lol

Admit you’re a RMTer, and @Staff start storm-banning the ■■■■ away without any announcement. Purge the threads of whoever complains. Let’s make ToS the only game trash-free. Then, relaunch it through advertisement and keep up an imposing policy anti-cheat/rmt that blasts people like this guy the hell away.

The bricked robe is vz’s man.

Just, stop.

Pics or it didn’t happen. The robe is a common robe, the photo is OLD. Randy got BOOKED> swallow that pill or stfu. You can’t disprove it. Actually I think there is some dirt on Impetus members too. DOES the photo i posted say who’s robe it was? No it doesn’t, stop bending over backwards for Randy.

Lets not exaggerate cause as childish and stupid as Oven.kid is been, actual innocent people get caught in bans too…

Saged and reported /20memes

:tired:

Cmon now csiko, surely realize you have no original to compare it to? You’re going on price and + alone, that isn’t going to cut it. Detective work all of a sudden is in the shitter now right?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa shades on

They can appeal via ticket anytime, but if I managed a game I wouldn’t allow all these threads with random crying and complaints about everything and anything. It’s bad advertisement for the game since people are like sheep, who see other people whining and automatically assume the game is bad, then repeat the same stuff like parrots. I’d purge the hell away of cry-cry threads only to keep the constructive criticism.

2 Likes

we both know online game “support” sucks balls, so if anyone ask me I would say PM staff and staff will say go throw your comment to the trashcan aka support :expressionless:

I agree with what you say, but it needs to be more brain than brawn is what am saying…

RNGesus Tap-Dancing Dice

I get busy for a while and this thread went from remotely relevant RMT discussions to this pile of trash.

You guys give each other cancer. :tired:

Edit: After reading the more relevant posts:

These folks (the facebook dudes) aren’t the ‘silver sellers’, mind you.

There are 2 (TWO) kinds of ‘RMT’ that’re present in this game (and other MMOs).

1. Organised ‘Company’ Bot-farms (mostly based in China). This first category are the ones you see on RMT sites (Including the ones that are spammed ingame). They actually have registered companies in China, for the bigger ones (the government wants their cut).
  2. Solo sellers (Mainly 3rd world country) folks who’re selling off gear due to either quitting, or lucked out on drops/upgrades and want some easy cash. This second category are the ones you see on facebook

I’m not TOO sure if they’re relevant anywhere else besides the SA server (if any SA players can chime in with details, that’ll be nice). That kind of stuff is more relevant there.

We’re (well, at least I am) somewhat against RMT. Some of us do acknowledge it as a necessary evil in certain cases.

I think another problem here is that for some folks, RMT = 3rd party, while to others, RMT = Spending money on the game, regardless of whether its 3rd party, or TP (official).

So it does get messy.

The above three quotes are 100% correct, and I endorse them. @Seiran should take note - the creation of the items themselves lower the value of the item, not the method through which they are traded.
Example - If only 1 Gilly’s Chicken Wings existed, and its value is estimated at 5bil silver / X USD, and then a second one is created, the estimated value will fall to 5bil - A / X - B USD where A and B are the drop in silver value and real money value respectively. Even if both items were never sold or traded by the creators/owners.

(Replace chicken wings with potato chips, or +21 primus cheesecakes of d000000m as needed)

Closest i’ve seen that happen is to make everything account bound, a-la Diablow 3

Any sort of transaction, silver faucet, or item creation affects the economy. Whether 1:1 high-end RMT trades exists in large enough quantities to cause a noticeable effect, is another matter. The way trans’d items were locked previously (either lose your gems, or destroy your weapon) and currently (market only), would already prevent most use-cases (One can make the argument that you can list it for lower silver prices. I’d totally encourage it, lemmie snipe em). As for cosmetics, that doesn’t affect gameplay in any way, and i’d put controlling that sort of RMT as a lower priority (the issue here is that its harming gameplay in the sense that weapons, armors, and such are pricy for your average player, and not cosmetics, is it?).

Unless there is another bunch of high-end gear besides trans’d items…? I hope i’m not missing any upgrades, here. Please do clarify.

1:1 RMT does appear in larger quantities in other games, especially KR ones (GEAR IS EVERYTHING), but in those games, the gear isn’t market-locked.

1 Like

So now market names addon is the cause for the witch hunt. :joy:

2 Likes

No one is getting in trouble. This is just monkeys throwing ■■■■ on one another.

RMT = real money trading. It could be 1:1, it could be thru 3rd party, and it definitely could mean TP/Gacha. By definition you are using real life money to exchange for in game currency. Buy a token via TP > sell it on market right away essentially means you use real life cash to exchange for in game currency.

At my very first response I said “It does not make you legally wrong”. Yes, it doesn’t, you RMT the “legal way”. I never denied that. I simply said it makes you a hypocrite.

Now do I “sympathize” with illegal RMT? Maybe I do maybe I don’t, but I honestly don’t give a flying monkey ass about what some forum polices think, you especially. TOS is a game, a consumer product. Players are the one that keeps the game running and they should be deciding where to spend their cash on. If IMC truly gives a ■■■■ about this matter they wouldn’t have allowed all the bots running around for literally years and putting every aspect of the game behind a silver sink.

I don’t think I would be bothered to talk sense to you, but maybe someday you will learn that an open, intelligent discussion looks at things in both sides.

2 Likes