Tree of Savior Forum

Policy Update Regarding RMT

Okay let’s just regurgitate the same thing in 3 different comments… Welp I’ll leave you be now Remrem go study economics. Realize IMC is as big a hand in it as anyone else. The economy is tied together. Injecting too many items into the economy with NO LIMIT WILL BREAK ANY ECONOMY, INFLATION or DEFLATION. Economists generally believe that deflation is a problem in a modern economy because it increases the real value of debt, especially if the deflation is unexpected. Deflation may also aggravate recessions and lead to a deflationary spiral. This is in regards to a real economy, but that being said. You are talking straight out your B-HIND.

Then, just from a simplistic view someone is already skipping silver sinks and taxes by using RMT and everything affects economy.

But you like this comment saying illicit 1:1 RMT doesn’t?

2018-07-03_11-32

Yes. I am attempting to hammer a screw into a board. The screw being your pathetic lack of understanding of how an economy works.

Lets say there is a fantasy world where I could manufacture Lamborghinis out of thin air and place them on the market. This would decrease the value of Lamborghinis, not screw with the currency of the economy.

My dollar would still be just as valuable as it was before.

2 Likes

Captain quotation is here. Seiren what have you accomplished quoting people for the last 2 days straight? Nothing. Consensus remains strong. Don’t need me to tell you that. I’m confident in my knowledge of the economy, this is how I remain wealthy in game.

Consensus of what? We have 3 RMTers defending RMT and many others saying it’s bad. lol

Just check my poll, it’s clear where the consensus is:
All RMTers should be punished because they affect the game negatively.

:blush:

the only reason I have this drama in watch is in the hope a staff member appears again…

but I doubt it

1 Like

Me and @Veldt Are not friends
We just happen to have the same idea on certain things
In fact He has fairly disagreed to some things that i have mentioned too.
And I am the one who has RMT-ed before, he mostly bought TP from shop

By the way I am not defending RMT, just stating facts. RMT has and will always exist il games. No developer has done it. Either they lost the fight against RMT or simply chose not to do it.
Sure i will like to play a game with absolutely no RMT possible, but i doubt that will ever happen in my lifetime.
Until then i will accept that RMT is just part of the game with its own pros and cons.

I will say again RMT player : player doesnt affect the game economy, in fact IMC stands to gain if TP is involved via Leticia DA or Gacha box.
Yes it is against the terms of service all you want . IMC is happy; Buyer and seller is happy.
It is not the main thing that is ruining the game. Why are you so bothered by it?
White knight all you want.
You can never stop it anyways
Kill the bots , slow down silver RMT. Make silver RMT an expensive alternative that fewer will choose to take.

On a side note, buyers really can help discourage player RMT by actually paying what the seller deserves in silvers instead of expecting the seller to drop his price for them. Whether the seller eventually decides to accept cash terms; or reject RMT and keep his item is up to him to decide. None of us has any say in that.

1 Like

Nah, don’t sweet coat 1:1 RMT with TP/official services.

I already gave you examples:

Or are you actually saying that by 1:1 RMT items you’re not avoiding taxes and not reducing competition and as well not changing how pricing behaves?

Because you’re doing this and this already affects the game economy.

In fact, you might believe otherwise because the market where you play is already tainted with 1:1 RMT so it might be hard to look at it with another point of view. I’m sorry but I can’t help you if this is the case.

I recommend trying to play in other servers as well and check how the RMT affected market in different levels based on how common it is. Shouldn’t be that hard if you give it a few weeks.

And I reaffirm what I recommend here, you might not find a 100% free RMT economy on like, NA, but it’s definitely far lower than SEA and RMT plays a smaller role in the server’s economy.

If we have policy enforcing on 1:1 RMT it might get even lower. While one can’t catch all transactions, enforcing rules results in a healthier environment compared to keeping them unpunished. It will also help IMC with handling future changes on silver selling.

It is the fact. Nothing to sweet coat. IMC happy Buyer happy Seller Happy.

RMT or not will not reduce the market price of high end items. I will say this for the last time since you cant seem to get it. If you want to be in denial, then so be it.High end items = Sellers market; they call the shots. If multiple copies are around they are no longer considered high end. If someone sells his velco +40 today. Asking price is 20b or no deal. Whether he accepts cash terms doesnt really affect the eocnomy. Where is this competition you mention?

Well done white knight.
Saying this shows me how unrealistic you are. Always thinking in the most ideal scenario.
1:1 RMT cannot be stopped. And it shouldn’t be the main concern at least for now.
I have not done any 1:1 RMT in TOS. Personally it doesnt bother me the least bit. If i can afford the seller’s asking buy i will get it. If i cant i’m not gonna blame seller for accepting RMT offers and cry over it

1 Like

You’re actually wrong, let’s take as example people with money for 1:1 RMT: they’re skipping silver sinks and skipping the need of in-game silver. Without 1:1 RMT they’d rely on buying Gacha to profit the P2WIN way and results in more TP sales this way.

Like I said, that’s the SEA servers, try playing in other servers. And you’re “right” if you think 2 persons doing 1:1 RMT alone, in an isolated cage, doesn’t affect the economy.

But what happens is that, let’s use an hypothetical number, when 60% players are on “1:1 RMT is not punished, hue hue hue” mode, you greatly affect economy and cash starts being a factor.

You’re actually an example about the USD <-> Silver ratio thing. If you can’t sell items in-game for silver, you’re automatically thinking on how much USD it is:

And you’re kind of right here too:

I don’t play in a server where everyone is considering selling everything for USD all the time.

You’re assuming every single player is a dishonest and will go against terms of service at any opportunity to profit and well, that’s not the case. Maybe it’s different between servers.

Like I said, you can’t catch call transactions. Enforce policy and make it punishable, honest players gets away from it.

Let it go uncontrolled and after months/years you have tainted economy with players that can’t even think of market without 1:1 RMT being part of it.

You will never catch a single transaction.

1 Like

So what you’re trying to imply, along with this:

Is that IMC will never be able to catch even RMT Bots engaging in 1:1 RMT?

1 Like

I believe i was referring to player : player RMT
If you are talking about RMT Bots , probably none or very little

1 Like

And that’s where enforcing policy on 1:1 RMT comes in. Not only you get honest players away from it but also can gather more data, which results in better handling of this:

In other words, completely ignoring 1:1 RMT is detrimental for the economy in many ways.

The policies will be most effective covering everything from buyers and sellers, rather than looking only at bots.

You seem to have troubles understanding simple sentences. I never defended RMT here, I simply pointed out that IMC should fix the root of the problem, not just put everything basic about a game behind a silver sink OR TP/GACH. Which part of this do you not understand?

If people are to spend money in the game, they want to spend it on the better product which makes the most sense to them as a consumer. It shouldn’t be the consumer’s problems that the TP/In game currency makes 0 sense. IMC has all the responsibility to make the game not completely silver dependent and the best way to get silver should NOT be to farm the fields. How about simply make silver not drop from fields but on some sort of missions? There are just about 500 different things that IMC can do to “fix” RMT but they simply are too incompetent to think about the bigger picture.

Looking at all your posts, “self righteous” seems to totally fit your character. You just feel so great about your “econ knowledge” and “being legit” don’t you?? IMC should thank you for keeping the lights up. Keep up the forum police work I am sure you will do great explaining how economic works in TOS lmao

1 Like

Hiding your shit under the couch still leaves a smell :unamused:

EDIT: I flagged your last comment and bet many others are flagging you cause you are been an asshole and looping people into a flaming argument…

Don’t be an ass and stop posting if you got nothing new to add

@STAFF_Yuri I still think it would be best to move the “discussions” between 2+ toasters to another thread…

2 Likes

I dont even know what you are getting at .
Just pointed out that IMC cant catch player : player RMT and the policy is in the wrong direction
This current policy deters RMT buyers but at the same time encourage RMT bots to look towards 1:1 trading , which will most probably go unchecked. RMT still exist, bots still alive. Nothing changed

You can talk about gathering data, and policies covering this and that to stop 1:1 RMT.
I hope you can see that i agree with some of the things you mentioned but at the same time we should take a more realistic approach
Sad truth is nothing can and will be done. You will feel the same if you are IMC.
In other words you don’t have to elaborate how the perfect ideal situation will be like. Cause it will never happen

1 Like

And I’ll say this for the last time. This is just proof that 1:1 RMT affects economy. If you deny all the rest, you’re still covering the point that it helps to mask bot <-> player RMT.

And this is where it comes that IMC should enforce RMT policy on 1:1 RMT as it affects the game in a negative way.

Cover everything and check trades, sanction and remove illicit gains from 1:1 RMT as the policy evolves. Then you catch suspect transactions from bots and players altogether.

It will need to be done anyway if sellers change their tactics like you said.

Sorry to hurt your e-ego but I haven’t flagged a single one of your posts.

Initially, we were talking about high end 1:1 trading between players. That has no effect on economy.
Now you are mixing this up with RMT bots 1:1 with players. Of course it affects economy, bots and silver generation is involved.

You are saying stuff like; " Oh they can release anti RMT policy to Stop RMT then do this this this and that . Then there will be world peace q(^_^)p"
My point is , realistically speaking there is no policy that can stop A.
Cover everything and check trades ? They barely have enough manpower to ban bots.
If you can figure something out please go apply for IMC they’d probably be glad to hire you.

How and what policy ? To force anyone from doing RMT 1:1

How and what resources are required to make this happen ?

Once again I wish it will happen but it wont.

1 Like