Tree of Savior Forum

Please don't listen to the casual players

Uh, its on the forum somewhere. If you want to read it so bad go look. I honestly don’t care enough to find it for you.

You are kidding right? Casual players are the main source to create core players. Every video game (especially online game) must has the number of core players make up at least 50% of its total players in order to survive. The rest are hard core players and professional players. You don’t want to listen to casual players? Fine, then let the ToS developer become lack of fund and they can no longer fix bugs, issues, open more servers, design new maps and features. Market will has only sellers but no buyers and consumers.

5 Likes

and leaving it isn’t any better, people aren’t asking to make it easy, but people like this who ask for this kind of grind doesn’t even know what they are talking about,… i don’t mind the grind, i can no life it and if the game is official you’ll get there eventually but this much grind would make the game boring for you

@TBH people who ask this just wants the game to be hard so they can no life it and be on top of the game,

1 Like

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/understanding-the-exp-situation-strawpoll-added/23009/112?u=melon

This essentially says that the EXP rates aren’t what they normally are,and were changed for this test.The point of this test wasn’t to get to super high levels and classes and brag about it,it was to look for legitimate bugs/translation errors,and to test the game through the Steam client.

So I would calm down,I think the EXP rate will have at least a slight tweak next testing round to test higher up content.I imagine less people will complain then.

The same people that keep telling me it takes skill to play maplestory and they have more dmg coz they are more skilled lol

3 Likes

Agree. Too much casuals.

1 Like

Usually the Whale Players “source of income on online games” aren’t the casuals
"http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-01-30-core-gamers-can-be-whales-too"
Is quite early to talk about lack of funds… The rate of experience for me as person who soloed almost the whole time and not even for extended periods of time 4-5 hrs Felt more than enough but when people who didn’t even got to 30… start posting about how the game has Too much grind, it shows me most of these people don’t know the kind of game this is… and Satisfying these people won’t be rewarding since They will probably come back to this Whining later on the game…

1 Like

So no Proof… Gj… :joy:

“I’m lazy so that means you’re wrong.” Sound logic.

That logic applies to science, nothing is really true until you can prove it. So, they are wrong using that logic?

2 Likes

Look at @Melon 's post.

It’s not really about whether or not ‘casual’ players bring in the revenue or not, it’s about them normally being the majority of the player base. Take them away, or push them away and you have a game that feels empty as 50%+ of it’s players have left. whether that will happen or not I don’t really know for sure, I’ll still be playing whether the exp rates change or not, although I personally prefer them to be a tad higher.

I’m also confused about the obsession some people about people getting to max level. Does it really matter if ‘casuals’ are getting to max level? It’s not exactly hard or challenging and having a title that says level 500 or whatever only shows that you have enough free time to grind that much. I also don’t get why people actually like grinding and prefer that over actual story quest and dungeons.

It’s easy to do if you have a lot of time and labeling it as a skill will instantly make you pro/hardcore. Easy popularity.

People who have time play tos play it… and people who havent time dont play it… …No need increase exp rate for sake of your busy life… Money come from people who spend a lot of time in the game…

1 Like

Whales can’t exist w/o large amount of casual player, whale exist because by spending tons of money they are better because of it and can show off. Btw most whales are casual players, they are whales because they don’t have the time so they spend money down on the game, people who plays 8hrs+ a day most of the time aren’t whales because they most likely lack the job needed to support being a whale.

Also relying on whales is what P2W mmorpgs do, so if ToS going to rely on whales then might as well quit the game while we are ahead.

@harimaku no not true, money comes from people who don’t spend lot of time because they use real money to make up for the fact they can’t grind 8hrs a day. People who can no life the game usually end up not spending much because they can grind and buy it off other players.

They didn’t say that they wanted to keep them in the lower levels but they purposefully lower the EXP Rate.

Scroll though that.

2 Likes

Who cares about “casual” and “hardcore” players or “pros” ? Most of the peeps playing this are adults who got a life and a job - kids to feed and enjoying this game in their free time. This is a “casual” designed game anyways - unless you add any competitive aspects (ya i know RO had such) but then again it will still be a casual game designed for casual players. Grinding 24/7 and being the top on the score board doesn mean you are a “Pro” or that you got some tremendous knowledge of the game. The pros/heroes already showed up - people who translate the Game for us and the ones who were finding/reporting bugs or making viable suggestions on class changes or writing guides - keeping us updated. If you think grinding makes you “outstanding” you are wrong sir. It’ll be too much to level up after a group of mobs ya sure - but as somebody else stated above grinding doesn stop after level 100 and i bet the cap will hit the 1000 mark some time after release. And even then you got sooooo many options on creating new awesome class combinations! Good luck grinding them all to cap!

4 Likes

That is by no means true, someone can spend there entire life in an mmo and not spend a dime, whilst someone who say bought a booster pack to start the game only to quit a few weeks later just gave them $20. It’s also true to say that someone playing a game for a few weeks and leaving didn’t spend a dime whilst someone who has plaued the game for a year and payed for a cosmetic item or 2 for $20. They don’t correlate is what i’m saying.

Well put! I agree to this so much!!

I’ve read all of this, and idk if my reading comprehension is off or not… But what i get from this is that: Our exp rate was the original they intended to have, and KR was changed for beta testing purposes. Quoting exactly this:“Korea’s exp were adjusted to extremes to meet the needs of their test so it is inevitable that there is a vast difference”. Their exp rates have been tempered with, those wont be KR finals rates. Now the next quote: Also, we wanted to test on the exp rates in an environment where players have not yet experienced the fast paced game progress as the Korean ver has had.". Is their way of saying " We wanted to check the feedback on the actual exp rates before going live".

2 Likes