Tree of Savior Forum

Playing with friends is too difficult

Guild War 2’s field level system would b nice

1 Like

cc: @STAFF_J @STAFF_John @STAFF_Shawn @STAFF_Marikim

This is true but i don’t believe they want us to test class balance this beta. If you didn’t know were a few patches behind the Korean beta so the classes we are playing are not accurate so what good is our info on them?

I think were here for server and quality of life things.

I’m curious if the Korean version has addressed the issue we’re talking about then? Or are they also in the same boat lol.

Iv heard that barbarians fall off super hard in the late game, but its seems hard to believe when you manage to see them under all the overkill text.

I’m referring to the party system, not balancing of classes.

Ah hard to say i haven’t played on the KCBT but i have been told the mentality is different, maybe they view partys are only a dungeon thing?

He may also be referring to the massive amount of glitches and broken skills.
Not even broken balance wise, just outright broken.

never played Ragnarok then I see the level share range is there to prevent people leeching from say a extremely high level to give them a boost to end content as insane speeds now if there was a level sync where it reduced the level then I guess it could work.

1 Like

well unless they are farming 1 spot I think they have to be on the screen to gain exp when things are killed?

a sync system sounds good or a debuff in areas of a certain level range maybe temporary lowers your levels and reduces stats accordingly while still giving them a slight edge with skills learned ext. but giving less exp to prevent people just gridning the same areas for ages sort of thing.

another option they could have is that its just based on the monster killed and not the players in the party. I know this could lead to just 1 hit killing but I feel it should be based on the monster. maybe to prevent characters AFKing other party members have to make a hit on the monster at least in these cases?.

idk im not just thinking how it would effect friends who play the game together but guillds and how often can they team up late game with a exp penalty like that

Feels like they know they messed up and don’t really have a way to fix this…so, better don’t say anything at all

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_J @STAFF_Shawn could somebody please comment on this? I’ve been playing on the Korean server for quite some time now and many people say the same as u can read in this topic. The game is too linear, making 2nd chars is boring, party-play is not rewarding. Please at least forward this to the game designer. The game has EVERYTHING it needs to be good, but nothing is connected in a way to show its full potential.

1 Like

What type of game is this? am i ment to play solo? cause i cant trade / or play with my friends apparently?

It really seems as if solo play is encouraged by the game designer.

Linear questing
Very little player interaction
Use random party’s for dungeons (most profit!)

to be honest the reason for the trade is because of bots so there to blame there and the people who buy there gold and support there actions… secondly making the game dedicated to one aspect or the other is silly as it splits the community the reason questing is linear is because its common in mmorpg remember change can turn people away take Black desert online for instance and eve online some new players left because they lacked any form of direction.

Player interaction comes down to two factors yourself making an effort to talk with others and other players viewing in you a similar way that makes them want to play with you.

Don’t use random party finders… this invalidates your other two questions… first of all why would anyone interact with each other when they have a shiny button that takes them to dungeons and why would you need to quest when you can just join dungeons all day…

Why would i interact with anyone when i can’t bargin with them or buy items off them?

Since this is Tree of Alts, I’d suggest the following:

When you and your friend/s are online simultaneously for the first time, make a new character.

When you’re not playing together, play any of your other characters.

And viola, you’re always in range.

To make friends with them and do other things then just trading like group play and activity’s taking on harder challenge’s reminds me of the good old days in raganrok that you would need to communicate with some random people out in the world just to take down MVP’s… you make it sound like the game should be solo based with a attitude like “if I cant trade with them then what’s the point”.

You replied to a olllllllllllld post, also the solution you discussed has a number of problems that is also discussed in this thread.

IMC has made it clear

They don’t want you to trade with your friends. They don’t want you to do dungeons with your friends etc etc. They should have just made a single player rpg if this is what they were aiming for.

It rly looks like that is the case