Tree of Savior Forum

Playing with friends is too difficult

Individual also means your friend can’t really help you other then buffs

That and taking down bosses. But they have to let you last hit it. But the whole things is so dissatisfying because they are high level and just wreck it… Would be a lot more fun if it was equalized levels… :smiley:

good lord, this!! I’ve stopped making alts because I was so sick of doing the exact same quests over and over again.

3 Likes

If you ask me, I don’t think this is even a feature request or a new idea… this is a bug fix for a huge usability issue in the game. Sure, there is a work around - and that is making an alt for each friend or group of friends who vow to only play those characters with one another… which I might add is entirely unrealistic in the real world. We shouldn’t have to settle for a “work around”.

If they want the game to be successful they will account for things like, idk, people wanting to play with their friends and not having to go to the lengths of making an alt for every one… that’s not the point of an alt system. This is entirely the point of having different exp modes in parties. I just don’t think either A) the party exp mode system is even working, or B) they need to release a better party exp mode to account for this corner case (which is a rather large one at that).

This.This.This.

I have friends here on the forum I’ve met up with in-game for screenies,but playing and leveling I was essentially solo for the first 40 or so levels.Then I met some people I hit it off with and we all started playing together regularly [Wiz [me],a barb,and a cleric];until about 25 levels or so later when the cleric had too many difficulties.This is also with me in the different time zone from them.We tried to go back and help when we saw the cleric growing in level distance,but realized the EXP penalty was too severe.This essentially killed our ability to play together.We talked about starting new characters,but the swordsman and I wanted to go on and see the new content! And what’s the fun in repeating the same stuff over again?

Now I’m sort of solo again at 130,because no friends are in that level range that I know of or they get on at different times than me.That’s always going to be an issue,but I still want to be able to play with my friends.I have another friend helping me grind,but he’s level 200 and can’t actually get too involved in quests because of that difference.It’s not very fair to me,because playing with any of my friends is more important than any of that other stuff is to me.Don’t punish us for wanting to play together~.

6 Likes

If they get on during different times how are you going to play with them at all?

This is a problem even if the level restrictions were removed. Currently the most effective way to level is to quest, the exp gained from cards is way too high, and from mobs is too low. I’m at the same level as my friend, but we’re at different points in the main questline. That means that they will have to wait 2 hours for me to catch up before we can actually level together.

If exp were distributed more so that grinding and questing were more equal, and there were more dungeon maps ( not instanced dungeons, but areas like royal mausoleum constructor’s chapel, demon prison, etc ) with multiple channels, we could just party and level there, regardless of quest progression.

I think both of these problems need to be solved. The range in which mobs give exp should be removed or greatly increased, and quest card exp should be redistributed into mob exp. Otherwise, I’m going to end up making 7 different characters just to play with my friends, and we’ll likely never play all together.

4 Likes

For real, no one is saying “my friends play from 8am-1pm and I play from 3pm-8pm and the game should solve this problem”. Why are you asking this question, when you know this isn’t a stance anyone has?

Not my situation, but I would imagine there is some overlap of time they can play together, but the majority is not together. Causing gaps in levels…

1 Like

He mustve edited his post, it said something to that effect.

So what happens when I have more than 10 friends, I already bought the lodge that allows for a lot of characters but I cant party with any new member/person that isnt yet on that level so I’d be forced to make a new account? lol

Example:
My level= 600
F1=500(cant share)
F2=400(cant share)
F3= 350(cant share)
F4= 280(cant share)
F5= 250(cant share)
F6= 200(cant share)
F7-F10= 100-200

New friend joins in and I already have my 10 alts in the level gaps to party with each of my 10 friends(480-520 for F1, 380-420 for F2, 330-370 for F3, etc. Assuming that sharing works up to a level 20 difference).

All I can do is expectate him/stop playing until he catches up to something?

1 Like

Yeah pretty much, accounts are free so you can always play with your friends. Unless this kind of functionality is built from the ground-up I would highly doubt it would be easy to implement a way to scale down levels.

Would you be willing to pay $12/month for that? Would everyone?

Welcome to quest based mmo, where the game pratically force you to leveling solo till the cap or occasionally party with pugs in some dungeon instances.

I was expecting much more from the RO creator, never imagined the disappointment when i tryed the game, he go with the same redundant linear system of the other 10000 korean themepark around.

Very sad. :expressionless:

3 Likes

Honestly I’m fine with the game and the gameplay. It is definitely grindy, but not intolerable. My only real complaint is that it is too difficult to play with friends and that could be improved.

1 Like

The game has dungeon maps that are completely devoid of quests and those have that ‘RO’ feel to them. Heck the mausoleum chapel has a wandering boss that was killing people left and right too.

IMO all IMC need to work on is class balance and pvp at this point, the game is fine.

Also add more channels. :wink:

1 Like

Is fine for you maybe but seems not for a lot of people, and you can’t do anything about the crappy solo progressions, is too late.
It was a huge opportunity missing to make a decent new RO game, instead we have another redundant quest based themepark.
I stopped to play after level 22, the boredom win over me. :expressionless:

lvl 22 is like a hour of play x.x

2 Likes

Let’s not digress, I still think there is a simple fix to this situation. Clearly there is a problem and I don’t think a fundamental change is going to be needed to better facilitate playing friends of another level.

It would be nice to hear the Dev/GM opinion… is this really intended? Is there a possibility of better support for a larger range of level difference in party play or do you see this as intended and it won’t be changed? Do they even read these things or are we just venting?

1 Like

level 22

Oh, so you didn’t even play the game. K.

That’s essentially what it is,there’s some hours overlapping so we can play.To be expected in an international version of the game.