Tree of Savior Forum

Player Abusing the Chat Game Code Third Player

He was right to report him, that guy is using an exploit to enlarge his font and it’s wrong!

IMC has to be strict on this otherwise we will continue to see idiots use exploits which some can harm others like the one which allowed to break guilds!

And do not put the fault on IMC for not protecting enough their code even the best protected website in the world will have flaws in their codes but that doesn’ t mean people should abuse those them for their own vicious enjoyment.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

As long as there are threads like this without Staff_Max’s commenting on handing perma bans to these scumbags, I don’t agree with your sentiment:

Handing that previous permaban probably without even knowing that you don’t need to alter the game files in any way wasn’t really nice deed. Yes, that player deserved a punishment but nothing that severe. While people like that guy on the thread I linked remain without any comments from the CMs. I hate to admit but I find the handling of these two cases rather lacking :disappointed:

Since all the staffs have been tagged on these cases multiple times already, I’ll just tag @Staff_Julie and @Marikim as a protest (because I don’t think tagging any current CMs has any significant chances of them commenting on matters it seems).

Hello @Yellow Savior!!

I’ve blocked “Hurtado” already for permanent period. thank you @Yellow so much for reporting us.

Your faithfully, STAFF_MAX

6 Likes

Ahahahahaha, sooo unreasonable
@Yellow , happy?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It’s incredibly disheartening that IMC wastes time banning players that paste a chunk of text into the chat window and do not ban players that buy gold. Not to mention that a forum to name and shame players like this is rather unprofessional.

Absolutely disgusting.

This (the use of big and/or colored text) is just plain bad UX and an obvious abuse of something that needs to be fixed.

With the number of high priority issues IMC is tackling right now, this probably is somewhere a bit down the pipeline so banning people to serve as a lesson for others appears to be the temporary solution.

Also, this issue is clearly covered by TOS’ ToS:

You need to report any game errors, bugs and other game play issues to IMC Games. You shall not abuse them for your own benefits nor to cause grievances to others, and pass this information to others who may abuse them for their benefits.

I’ve been trying to warn people about this and PM those I found in-game about the possible consequence of what they’re doing. Whether they oblige or not is up them.

If you even tried to reason that…

“… THIS DOESN’T AFFECT OTHER PLAYER’S GAMEPLAY!”

It actually does, and if it goes unmitigated everyone else will want to use it because their shouts, party invites and shop names wouldn’t noticeable in the flood of huge colored texts others are using.

If this was meant to be a feature, we would have been informed beforehand. It would have been simply usable from the game’s UI.

This is simply an exploit, and an apparently bannable one.

2 Likes

Some people don’t understand the words “NOT ALLOWED”. It doesn’t matter that he’s not disrupting gameplay. It doesn’t matter that you think it’s fine. IT ONLY MATTERS THAT ITS AGAINST THE RULES. Get that through your thick head.

If tomorrow IMC decides that you’re not allowed to say the exact words “I love Justin Bieber”, then ITS NOT ALLOWED. You don’t have a say about it, you can either follow the goddamned rules, or stop playing. EASY.

3 Likes

@Biskee @freebiesguys But don’t you think stuff like this should be more ‘NOT ALLOWED’?: Player buying items through RMT

212 messages and Staff being tagged multiple times, yet I don’t remember seeing any Staff’s comments on that matter, while Max is happily handing permabans on these oh so horrible chat code abusers. On the last comments someone claims that guy is still running free even though he even admitted being guilty on that thread himself. I think they should check their priorities.

People buying from RMTers are harming my gameplay way more than someone wanting slightly bigger font on his !! message :angry:

RMTers sure are a really big problem, but as @freebiesguys have said, “not allowed” is simply “not allowed”.

Just because a bank heist hasn’t been resolved yet caught street thieves should be allowed to roam free?

Big or small violations, they are all NOT allowed. I won’t know why IMC hasn’t acted on that other issue yet, but that doesn’t mean small violations are OK.

2 Likes

But that issue is actually older than any of these chat abuse reports. And there’s also this: Please do an immediate action

A botter got only 30 days ban (which I think is proper punishment depending on the severity of botting). Don’t you think botting is way more severe violation than some stupid increased !! message font or even shouts?

I’m perfectly okay with chat abusers getting punished but I don’t understand handing permabans because of it. Especially when there’s these other cases where the punishments are way less severe. If you go with draconian rules, they should apply to all kinds of violations, not just relatively small ones.

More preferably the punishment and severity of crime should correlate. Currently I can only see negative correlation between the severity of violations and punishments and that’s what many players are complaining about. I believe many think these punishments are unjust and Max got way too trigger happy when handling these few reports. At least he should explain why he thinks these altered chat messages deserve such severe punishments and why they are ignoring or refusing to comment on that gold buyer who got caught red-handed.

As another player, I feel you, but one can be wrongly banned as a bot or being into RMT. You think that isn’t much until it happens to you.

IMC keeps stating that they would look further into each report and flag, but with the increasing number of reports they probably receive everyday I’m not sure if they still have sufficient manpower to manually review each so a temporary ban might be a bandaid solution. It lets those wrongfully banned to appeal, while actual botters won’t bother.

Using huge bolded text on the other hand is a pretty obvious offense, so obvious a simple screenshot is enough proof.

1 Like

Forums screwed something up and my reply got into wrong thread:

Apparently that’s not the case either. I haven’t bothered to test this myself though:

So unless they go and confirm it in the game, chances are people could currently create false reports to get permanent punishments to other players(?). This is purely my speculation though, I hope anything like that isn’t possible.

I trust that IMC do search and check the chat log of that reported player to confirm before striking him with the banhammer.

1 Like

"I’ve nothing better to do because I’m too lazy to do anything, oh look a guy with a bigger font than I do, let’s screenshot and make a forum post about it"
Welp, big deal.

Only in this case, it’s not “street thieves”: It’s a guy shouting real high with a megaphone and a guy holding a sign with real big letters in front of everybody. Peace disturbers, if you will. A misdemeanor at best.

What IMC - and you - are thinking is right is throwing peace disturbers in jail for a lifetime. Meanwhile, street thieves are getting a month in jail (like the botter who got 30 days of ban), and the bank robbers will keep at large for a long time.

Makes. No. ■■■■■■■. Sense.

EDIT: Also, comparing game exploits to real life crimes is somewhat of a bad analogy. :grin:

1 Like

Do you even understand what an analogy is? The subjects and the plot used are not meant to directly represent the actual situation.

Bank heist = big crime
Street theft = small crime

Big or small, both are still mistakes and should be punishable.

Now why IMC did what they did is not up to me. I didn’t violate anything but in case I am wrongfully banned for botting or doing RMT, I’d want the option to at least appeal because I have the right reason and enough proof that I wasn’t.

The use of huge bold text on the other hand is AN INTENTIONAL EXPLOIT and maybe IMC deems it unforgivable.

1 Like

Are you for real? You permanently blocked a few people for stupid increased font and yet no one blocks RMT abuser despite of proof and his own confession? Wow, just wow.

1 Like