Plague Doctor 2 Black Death Steam Sometimes doesnt Spread within Contact

I have a feeling this one will be fixed in the next maintenance

Hope they put back Spread Soon <3 thanks for this

1 Like

Thank you.
/20characteres

No fixes on the upcoming patch. Thanks to IMC

2 Likes

Please fix this bug while we are in maintenance. It’s kinda annoying when Black Death Steam doesn’t spread when in contact. Hopefully, it will be fixed this time. Thanks! @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Amy

1 Like

It will be fixed in three months. Never “next week” lol

Still no fix. I’ve tried it awhile ago. Seriously IMC.

1 Like

It wont be fixed until the next big patch. IMC doesn’t hot fix anything.

I’m actually curious why they didn’t label this one in the post they made detailing issues with that last patch, when they already had someone post a video a bit before that for them.

It seems we’ll have to live with the current state for a while.

I’m also wondering why they didn’t mention this as a known issue, when that was posted after the report. I feel like bds is one of the main reasons to play pd. I hope this isn’t going to take the same amount of time that it took them to fix Laima. There seems to always be something wrong with my pd, lol.

@STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ines
Any update on this?

"Hello Savior,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are deeply apologize for the inconvenience, it might have caused.
Our Development Team is already aware of this matter and they are working on a resolution. We can only ask for your patience and understanding while the issue is still being addressed.

Again, we apologized for the inconvenience.

Announcement will be posted on our official website for News and Updates regarding to this issue.

Regards,

Tree of Savior Support Team"

1 Like

They stated this as bug and currently being investigated

1 Like

Sometimes those bugs are caused by things totally unrelated in the game’s code after big changes/patches. Fixing them is not merely a matter of wanting to, it also includes the ability to identify the issue and then work towards fixing it.

They are aware of the bug and have stated they are working towards working on it. Posting about it everyday will change nothing. Sadly we can only wait.

This might not be a popular view, but I would take this as balance nerf.

Previously bds was extremely contagious I rarely need to use pandemic to get the whole screen infested.
With this one it makes lot more sense and slightly evens out the effort to deal total dps compared to the other classes. (Yes I have played almost all dps builds out there)

I see, then it would be pain to see pvp with current bds, the reason to play pd2 in pvp because of bds (aside from beak mask). The playstyle would be the truly plague doctor (as the class name states), spreads poisons and panics toward players who touched other infected players. Sadly, these poison can be cured by the goddamn 0s cooldown of antidote, and such nerf/bug would really cripple pd2 in play and the role of the class in pvp.

I would like to assume that IMC doesnt want to make this happen as such nerf would kill the class, and as the skill describes that ‘the affected targets infect other targets nearby’ should have been implemented correctly.

I felt like Antidote with 0 second cool down should not cure PD’s vapor, it should reduce the damage instead, and let me explain my reason for this.

Black steam death is an aiming skill, with the ping on these servers, and how fast people move in tbl, you rarely get to apply poison on anyone. Even if you do get BDS on someone they cure it with an antidote immediately. That render the skill useless in pvp. I would actually suggest either put cool down on the antidote, or actually just reduce the poison dmg by %.

2 Likes

I second this actually. The hitbox is straight but pretty small width and easily to dodge because of pretty slow animation. Landing a poison with bds actually feels great but those feelings fade easily with just 0cd antidote.

Another class that suffer such 0cd antidote is wugushi. Within those 0s cd antidote, wugushi might not be able to deal constant poison damage. Such poison damage would be only useful against ppl who doesnt have antidote at all, and pve side.

1 Like

Hello it’s been 42 years since @Staff said they would update us on this.

From the patch above, they didnt mention the fix. We need to wait for another week or hoping for ninja patch.

Crap, still no fix
/20char