Tree of Savior Forum

(Personal Experience) About the viability of Swordsman classes late game in PvE and/or PvP

1v1 is worth nothing later in this game when battle league and guild vs guild comes out, those actually come with prizes attached. If you build your toon around 1v1 then you’ll regret it later when you start fighting enemy groups with Plague doctors in them.

1v1 is just for fun duels, Team fights are the main things later on. And no, CryoKino is one of top CC PvP Wizard builds… if it doesn’t make sense to you now, it will later, when you face them in Team League or GvG.

what do you think about my stats,for pvp?

im doing sword 2>hoplite>cata 3> dragoon

im building 4 str 2con 3 dex.

Damn wish I read that before I started the game.

Now I’m already Sword -> Pelt -> Hoplite 3. Any way to salvage this char for PvE/PvP or is it time to reroll already? Maybe to cryo/kino? Can you give me a build for that lol.

I don’t want to be one of those guys who reach lv280 with endgame gear then realize they “dun goofed”.

And How much Dex is necessary (not considering equipment/gems) for PvE purposes ? I’m asking becouse i was levelling with the certainty that with lv10 finestra i crit every hit… but i am in time to remedy.

PS: i want to take Dragoon, with a 2H-spear DPS build

@draconsio I dunno if the formula still like this, but here goes:

Crit Chance = (Crit Rate - Crit Resist) * (42/ Character Level)

Is kinda strange that leveling decreases the crit chance, but… Again, i not sure if they changed the formula, but it was like this before.

I’m not sure about ratios, but for me I just increase stats till I reach the ‘objective’ I want, then pump the rest into STR. For CON, I’m not really sure, I have around 80 allocated atm, I do feel sorta tankier in PvP I guess (but altogether my class is still trash in PvP). As for DEX, I have 90 DEX allocated and I miss around 60% of my attacks on full DEX characters (I think they were full DEX, judging by HP). I’d say you don’t have to worry that much about full DEX characters, because they have REALLY low HP. My Hexen Dropper, even though missing more than half the hits, is still enough to burst them down from 100% to 0%, due to their low HP.

If you’re serious about end-game content, then it’s better you re-roll… If you’re just playing casually or semi-casually, then the standard Sword->Pelt1->Hop3->Doppel1->Drg is fine. You can kill all normal mobs, etc, can use it to hunt for items (from normal mobs, not WB). Nothing competitive.

If you’re any bit interested in playing some PvP, then that build isn’t suitable. Hoplite isn’t good at PvP, only PvE.

I wouldn’t recommend you going CryoKino just because I rerolled into one, lol. It just suited me as I mostly play wizard classes previously in other MMOs. I went Swordie first in ToS because I wanted to try something different for a change, which is a decision I kind of regret now. Anyway I suggest you look around for a build you would actually like to play and is also viable for end game stuff if you’re rerolling.

Here’s just a list of stuff that’s I can think of, off the top of my head, that in my opinion is viable (mostly) for end game stuff:

**Note: I don’t have ACTUAL playing experience of all these classes, but I have seen them in action in game, and/or have fought against some of them. Just a list, you gotta do more in depth research yourself once you have made your decision. Also, when I mention ET here, I don’t have experience on the higher levels of ET.

1. Swordsman:
  • Cata3-Dragoon (PvP)
  • Squire3 (ET gonna need some EQ repairs if you wanna do all 20 levels…)
  1. Wizard:
  • Wiz3-Ele3-WL (top tier for PvE, ET, even for WB it’s quite good, and for GvG… I still find it pretty unfair to have a build that practically does almost everything…)
  • CryoKino (PvP only)
  • ChronoLinker or CryoChrono (support)
  • As for other circles, I’m not too sure, don’t know too much about the others
  1. Archer:
  • Ranger3-Fletcher3 (Great for WB, most top DPS in WB are R3F3, usable in ET as well)
  • QS3-something (AA builds, mostly for single target damage) *not too sure about this one, AA kinda falls off late game due to monster defense, etc
  • Musketeer 1-shot Snipe bursts builds are pretty good in bursting solo targets down in PvP, but IMO it gets gimped pretty bad by Cleric’s Stone Skin (just for comparison, I had like 50-80% of my attacks BLOCKED by Stone Skin on a PD that didn’t go full SPR, so if your 25s cooldown 1-hit gets blocked then you’re… blocked) unless you manage to get a ton of block penetration somewhere
  • Cannoneers are pretty good too (as for detailed circle-by-circle builds, idk)
  1. Cleric:
  • Cleric2-Diev3-Druid-Druid2/PD (find Veritas thread)
  • Basically for ET, DPS oriented clerics (still with ability to heal and support decently) is more preferred due to the nature of DPS checks, Full Support Clerics are probably better for PvP though, I’m not too sure on Clerics… mostly when I see them I just want their heals… lol…)

This list is by no means exhaustive, just something off the top of my head, I’m sure there are some other viable builds as well, you gotta find them out for yourself.

i didn’t mean in that sense (something called irony), they should be illegal that’s why for me it doesn’t make sense, how the hell they created something god like in pvp while other classes are just…you know what i’m trying to say…

Sword 3 -> cata 3 for pvp, it’s been stated so many times on these forums already. This is why i don’t bother giving out advice here anymore, 90% of the time i’m just repeating myself and most of this you can find if u do a bit of searching

I watched a video guide that said peltasta into hop3 into dopple into dragoon is well rounded build good in both pve
and pvp lol. It was recent information at the time. Cant tell that its inaccurate at the time.

I like well rounded builds. Sword 3 is not really tbh its only good for pvp.

@azwraith

how is this cryo/kino build?

going full CON

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This guys are silly xD Can’t understand that utility > damage numbers. What damage numbers, hey? In PvE ANY swordsman apart from Barb3-Doppel does basically no AoE => so it doesn’t matter AT ALL what dmg he does. In PvP no one gives a fk about your dmg as well cuz it’s melee. In ET any swordie combination apart from Pelt-Doppel is rather pointless to take, but then again, Swordies themselves are not needed in ET tbh. A lot of parties are doing ET without swordies.

Notion about hook lvl5 being enough is also hilarious. Have you tried to PvP with lvl5 hook? Or are u throwing ur hooks point blank and expect not to die… oh, stop, but u HAVE to throw them point blank cuz you can’t jump and shoot. Sry, I forgot xD Ofc, why use hook’s amazingly long range and stay out of harm’s way, repositioning yourself is someone tries to drop bombs at where u stand. You’re swordies! You just need to go in!

Btw, good luck going Cata3 if you are planning to participate in Guild Battles. And those suggested builds in azwraith post are like 60% garbage. Ranger 3 for fletcher, lmao. It’s a korean build, not a build for iTOS reality. CryoKino for PvP, casting rune of ice for 8 sec xD No wonder nobody wants you xD

I will proceed with “getting my corsair c3” xD Too bad I’m 279 lvl xD

Please speak up! I want to hear u deny the obvious even more.

Make a video of your corsair please.

Great, you doin 1v1 fights? Keep it up. Also, I realised you can’t beat Cata3, that’s the exact same reason why you won’t be able to beat ranged classes that are being played by anybody with a decent skill in kiting; mobility. Great job on killing the Archers. Druids win 1v1 due to high burst of Carnivory + mind control. PDs will win you because if they have Healing Factor and/or Stone Skin they can just AA you to death. The ones that you lost to are those that are slightly build/viable in PvP. Heck, even I can beat any PvE-build in 1v1 fights. Simply Hook and kill. Problem doesn’t lie there, as 1v1 means nothing. As for PvE, it really depends on whether the Fletchers are willing to use their skills as it expends arrows. Most Fletchers in grinding just use non-arrow using skills, like Ranger’s Barrage, etc. Cause they’re feelin’ cheapskate. Maybe once in a while pop one or two of those skills. And don’t wanna spam SP pots. Try out-dpsing a Ele3-WL. Or Wugushi Sappers who actually use venom/traps.

I’m tired of answering all (everybody’s) your questions/etc. Go ahead with your build, stick with your opinion, doesn’t affect me. Try GvG or 5v5 (if you’re in a guild). Not gonna be bothered to give anymore responses on this topic, I’ve shared my experience with it, if you don’t like it then you can stick to your own opinion, you’re entitled to it. Thanks.

As for @sttr413, this is my final response to you:
Yes, utility. Why pick you when there are OTHER classes that can do 3-5x better than you? Period. In PvE, doesn’t matter what damage he does, you said. EXACTLY. Swordies are only wanted for Taunt, and nothing else, and that itself is already broken, because you’re given 70% DPS CIRCLES and you’re only expected to TAUNT?

In PvP no one cares about your damage? Okay. You just AGREED with me on Swordies being trash in PvP, only utility is HOOK (not counting Cata3), which OTHER classes that DISABLE many more people at a go than YOU. I’m not gonna even argue with you on the pistol shot while hooked, it’s just retarded, everybody know the damage is crap, stop beating around the bush and going back to square 1 of saying your pistol shots actually making a significant difference. Hook is on a 25s cooldown assuming you hit it, Long Stride has a ONE MINUTE cool down, regardless you use it to jump on people OR to jump behind. Basically you’re only useful EVERY ONE MINUTE for disabling THREE TARGETS. Comparing to other classes that can chug out disables like drinking water. If you don’t see the logic in this, then please, by all means, go ahead and try applying for top PvP guilds, see if they would want your sorry Hook (and Pistol Shot). Even if you manage to get in, I hope they will find you useful.

And no, my Hook is lvl 10, not lvl 5, I don’t see where I mentioned lvl5 Hook. I said 5s less duration compared from a lvl10 Hook in Cor2 and Cor3 Lvl15 Hook, get your facts right.

As for ET, you ARE also AGREEING with me that Swordies are useless in ET. AKA, no viability in one of the end-game content (it’s where you get lvl220 lolopanther gears). For those who are into min-maxing, not being able to get the current end game gear is pretty meh.

As for my builds, have even you been to World Bosses? LOL. Actual experience bro, actual experience, don’t try to theory craft here, any one with proper experience will know you’re talking nonsense when you’re saying R3F3 is a ‘KOREAN BUILD’ and doesn’t work here. I think all the WB-ers will be laughing at your statement while they swim in their sea of silver & gears. CryoKino for PvP. I said CRYOKINO. Did I mention ANY RUNE CASTER? ROFLMAO. Please, stop embarassing yourself any further here. I assume you’re just one of those ‘professionals’ that read other people talking about PP+Ice Wall+RoI having very good burst damage, yada yada. Yes it is, but the setup to be prepared is not practical in PvP. Please, once again, stop embarassing yourself, get your facts right. People don’t want me because of the Corsair, not the CryoKino.

And yes, this will be my last response to you, I’ve had enough to stooping down to your level and arguing with you. You’re entitled to your opinion, so go ahead with your Cor3 and I hope you have fun out of it. Signing out.

I’m a corsair2… going to doppel. I want to see videos about corsair3, there is so few of them =/

This caught my eye. Can squires use [base camp] in ET?