Tree of Savior Forum

People creating multiple accounts?

if IMC did like GGG on PoE Awekening beta and put a beta selection counter, i think it would be more fair.

@Mathspy in the last 30 days we had 6.2k active members, 5.4k in the last 7days, where 4.7k are new users (80% of these are probably from yesterday). I donā€™t have to be an expert in math to know that WITOUTH Multiaccounting, everyone was probably going to get an account. now people will probably donā€™t get one, and others will get multiple because of multi accounting and sell them or whatever.

I would really appreciate it if imcgames will handle these people and kick them out of the beta.

6 Likes

yeah just one day that screw us all around here lol ā€¦ :scream:

@Gardosen Well, I have to agree with you here but at the same time this is just a minimal test. If none/few of us got any keys and they all went to the multiaccounters I am very sure IMC will realise their mistake and change the way beta keys are handled for the next CBT which they will probably make in a very short time because the first one was not of any use or value to them.

Itā€™s a ā€œbetaā€ after all. They might be testing community reactions, and if they are, then they are doing a very good job at it.

I kind of have faith in the developers because they seem to all be ones in the field since quite a while ago, so they are probably ready with answers to these problems that all MMOs experience at launch

Letā€™s have faith!

1 Like

its only 7 day beta test m8, whoā€™s gonna buy that?
its not like dota2 or shitstone beta which is open up from beta till today

1 Like

7 days to get some extra cash, you still dont understand the greed of humanity after living for so long? I already saw ppl do more work for a couple of cents just to get that extra money.

^ This is so true.
We are making a fuss out of 7 days of bugs, guys

Iā€™m just hoping to hang out with you all in TOS for a solid week and get to know what youā€™re all like in game! (Got to try and avoid work, gym, girlfriend, friends and any other responsibilities :smile: )

7 days of bugs we can weed out.

Iā€™m sure that they will have software checking if accounts are actually being logged and used. Hopefully the members are sent keys first, that would be nice, rather than all the people who signed up 1 hour before the deadline.

Hi there, Iā€™m new and such. Um anyway hopefully they will be able to tell by perhaps IP address if someone is using multiple accounts.

IMO itā€™s just a closed BETA Iā€™m just excited weā€™re getting an English version at all! Saw the trailer ages ago and wanted to play so bad.

I donā€™t really feel weeding out the legit new users is a good thing especially after telling them they actually had a chance.

Honestly if it wasnā€™t for the fact i already had a facebook account which was pretty much only made for the dungeon fighter online alpha i would have waited for the steam login before joining in. Iā€™m sure some other people thought like that and i could see other reasons (simply not feeling like joining and were fine with lurking).

Personally when i think about the idea of only taking people who had accounts before the flood of legit/fakes and i end up agreeing with the idea itā€™s more out of greed than out of care for the game.

I really love the sumarize feature of the forum ā€œThere are 89 replies with an estimated read time of 6 minutes.ā€
Also I can only recommend everyone to read this: Fake accounts recorded?

See! They record IP addresses just like I said and then some. I think itā€™s safe to say that problem will mostly be taken care of, other than people forcing others to make accounts for a chance to win a key maybe.

yes im pretty sure they are tracking peoples IP addresses, but you still never know. There are so called VPN/Proxies etc. to hide your main IP so you canā€™t detect it. And once they received their 100+ keys, pretty sure they will make a profit for that.

Even if they make 5000+ keys. Who will pay money for 7 day of bugs?

LoL I tried for two account. Does that mean that I dont have any Chance to get key anymore? xD

You can make only 3 Google or Facebook account per day without usage of phone.

people are smart, thatā€™s why I said you never know. anyway, i hope this cbt days will be just fair with others.

Its pain in the ass. If u want make 10 account u need 10 email and 10 Facebook or google accountsā€¦ Also some emails sites allow only create 3 emails per day. Hotmail is good example.