Tree of Savior Forum

People creating multiple accounts?

True and there are only 3 days to sign up if u want the key.

Thanks for the answer…true words spoken…theoretically you are right, but you know practically it’s always different :stuck_out_tongue: only the fact that we all could easily tripple the number of our accounts gives me the shivers - well thought out IMC, well thought out… But yeah in the end its just the first ibt, there will be more, we are all hyped, that’s clear, everyone wants to play / test and the time will come, when everyone of us will be able to play. So let’s keep that enthusiasm and strenght for playing, not complaining at the forums.

I’m out. :smiley:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

what if,

its not uncommon for publishers to give some minor perks but permanent bragging rights item for CBT.

will you join the dark side

1 Like

im only have 1 accounts, hoping to get beta key :sob:

1 Like

The same here =/
It’ s gonna be hard

I am going to assume you created those quite a long time ago or on a long period of time before Facebook and Google started enforcing the phone number rules

@Tkwan Starting to see familiar faces around. I see, I see X3

its not 20-50%, ToS has 53,000 followers on facebook alone, 5,000 follers in reddit, 2,000 from ToSG, 1,000 from ToSB.

1 Like

yah its annoying how hastling to create new email right now from the major email hosts.

how do you even do that o.o
the login option is fb, gmail and steam. so i guess it’s logging in with different mails?

The kind that sell keys after the selection is done, Inspirit Online had 5000 keys + some and most of those where sold by some group wich led the CBT to be a fiasco in terms of population in about 3 weeks, luckly, the game didnt had that many bug to be a problem, except a problem on the launcher that was getting some players (including me) wich didnt find the patch file on their servers.

Apparently they keep track of our IP address, seems like its going to be hard for people to horde beta keys.

What information do we collect?

We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.

When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.

When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.

1 Like

I wrote my concerns about exactly this topic to @STAFF_Marikim yesterday and offered them help.

I am highly against putting everyone who has registered yesterday into the Beta Key Pot.

I would give keys out to the people who registered BEFORE yesterday 1:00am, and give every of them 2-3 keys that they can invite friends.

because based on the numbers on the about page, I see that in the last 7 days 4.7k accounts were created. in the 30days before it where 5.8 which means the account registration amount increased by the factor of ~5. this is only possible by Multi account abusing by people who are greedy. IMCGames should remove all accounts from these people from the Beta Signup as a punishment.

Just my 5 cents about this.

Kind regards
Gardosen

2 Likes

was looking for that, confirmed my thoughts. Thanks!

@Karjalainen
It’s not their fault though… because when you create a global service like this people start exploiting it. For instance some people (at some point, before they started enforcing security using captcha) created hundreds of short named email addresses and started SELLING them and then this almost happened again when captcha died (After several companies including Google itself created programs that were able to solve captcha with 90%+ chance)

@cosx774
As I mentioned earlier, as long as you’re creating one account, that’s fine. Creating 3+ accounts in one day is different though

@Gardosen It’s only naturally for people to start registering a lot more that the CBT is finally here though, a factor of 5 is decent once you put that in mind. A factor of 20+ in the other hand is a different thing though

I’ve been much less active in the RO forums as of late. Still lurking everyday, but rarely replying anymore. RO hasn’t been able to capture my interest as much lately.